TonyMartin80

Who would you like to see Falcons play in home opener in Brand New Stadium?

48 posts in this topic

As we all know In 2017 The Falcons will open up brand new stadium. This only happens once so who would you like to see Falcons open up against? Options are Carolina, New Orleans, Tampa Bay, Vikings, Packers, Dolphins, Bills and Cowboys. Those are our 8 home games this year.

It seems like a guarantee we will win home opener with all the emotion our fans and players will have that game. I would choose Patriots but that is not an option. So I will choose Green bay because my favorite victory in franchise history was vs GB on 1-22-17. I would love to watch Falcons beat Green bay again and see that disappointed look on Aaron Rogers face again. Priceless!

1 minute ago, Miller2Rison said:

I'll take them too, MR will have a field day with their all rookie secondary

That line has a couple chinks in the armor. Would like to see our new d line fares against them

Dallas is a good possibility for the opening Sunday Night game. They seem to always open the season on Sunday Night anyway, but we will see.

Fox/NBC generally want to shove NFCE matchups down out throats.

If we had won the SB, I wanted New Orleans on Thursday in the new stadium to help make up for us having to play Katrina games.

hashmark61 likes this

My bet would be the Packers. A prime time rematch of last years NFC Championship, featuring two of the league's premier quarterbacks in the grand opening of a state of the art stadium would be a big ratings draw. 

Not to mention that could be coming off the heels of a SB rematch the previous week to open the season as a remote possibility. 

Edited by Kung-Pow
falconsd56 and TonyMartin80 like this

1 hour ago, Jerz said:

I'd say yes and no on the Saints. I don't even want to imagine them winning the first game in the new stadium. 

Screw that... When the Saints opened the dome after Katrina... I never forgave the NFL for scheduling us on that day. I want revenge for that day. We could sweep the Saints for the next 5 years and I still wouldn't get over it. If we were to play our first home game against them? I know we would win. And seeing Brees getting sacked in our new stadium would be beautiful sight to see.

The Saints, hands down. Nothing gives me more satisfaction than seeing them suffer. Unfortunately they have had the last laugh this year and I would like our dline to take out some frustration on Brees. 

Flying Falcon likes this

6 minutes ago, Macintez said:

Screw that... When the Saints opened the dome after Katrina... I never forgave the NFL for scheduling us on that day. I want revenge for that day. We could sweep the Saints for the next 5 years and I still wouldn't get over it. If we were to play our first home game against them? I know we would win. And seeing Brees getting sacked in our new stadium would be beautiful sight to see.

True, true that would be nice..but it'd definitely be a gamble. I'm just tired of all the slander we're getting now and a loss would just give Saints fans even more ammo. But I'd take the risk I have confidence in this team. 

Edited by Jerz

2 minutes ago, TonyMartin80 said:

Why so many people want The Jets? Easy win?

We played the Jets in our first game in the Dome.    Since our schedule is so similar - it would make sense to open the new Stadium with the same team.