Madness21

Our Offense vs The Buc's Offense

144 posts in this topic

56 minutes ago, jidady said:

Evans actually hurt us before the outcome was decided. Neal cranked him as punishment after we'd built an insurmountable lead. All matchups between Evans and Trufant are must-watch All-22 footage. It's the best inter-division duel in the NFL right now, a top three corner vs. a top six WR.

I'm saying it did t matter what he did. They got blown out. What he did on offense couldn't stop his defense from getting ripped apart. It was still a blowout game no matter when or where he hurt us. I wasn't saying he did damage IN the blowout. I'm saying his efforts were in a blowout game. It didn't matter. Julio had a career game against GB in GB and it wasn't enough for us to win. The numbers don't matter is the point. 

PokerSteve and Vandy like this

3 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

I know how to deal with Evans...

You do realize that NFL.com named that their 'Catch of the Year'.  And Evans didn't miss a beat afterward.

BIRDLAND 2.0 likes this

2 hours ago, TheFatboi said:

I'm saying it did t matter what he did. They got blown out. What he did on offense couldn't stop his defense from getting ripped apart. It was still a blowout game no matter when or where he hurt us. I wasn't saying he did damage IN the blowout. I'm saying his efforts were in a blowout game. It didn't matter. Julio had a career game against GB in GB and it wasn't enough for us to win. The numbers don't matter is the point. 

Exactly...see also drew Brees and how he pads his passing stats in blowout losses. Doesn't stop the fact they are losing games. 

3 hours ago, TheFatboi said:

Why do you think their defense will regress?

There's a few vets anchoring that defense and frankly I haven't seen Mike Smith consistently field a decent D. Even in Jax.

PokerSteve likes this

1 hour ago, JOEinPHX said:

You do realize that NFL.com named that their 'Catch of the Year'.  And Evans didn't miss a beat afterward.

I seem to remember him running at about .01 mph down the field and not catching a ball in the endzone after that hit. 

1 hour ago, JOEinPHX said:

I am aware of both points.  It was a heck of a catch. It was also a great hit.  The 2 aren't mutually exclusive.

3 hours ago, JOEinPHX said:

I wouldn't call not missing a beat the same thing as when the announcer said on one Evans route "that's the slowest developing route I've ever seen" and Evans sitting on the bench. He couldn't breath and saw medical attention. 

Godzilla1985 and Slappywhite like this

It's so funny to read that Tampa's receiving corps is better than ours when in NONE of those comparisons, RB's in those receiving corps weren't mentioned and THAT is what makes us doubly dangerous. I'll take Coleman/Freeman coming out of our backfield on passes any day over anything that Tampa can put on us!  Last I checked, pass-catching RB's contribute to the PASSING game.  

FACT:  Coleman/Freeman had over twice as many yards than all of Tampa's RB's combined.

Slappywhite likes this

5 hours ago, Lornoth said:

I seem to remember him running at about .01 mph down the field and not catching a ball in the endzone after that hit. 

3 hours ago, droopy1592 said:

I wouldn't call not missing a beat the same thing as when the announcer said on one Evans route "that's the slowest developing route I've ever seen" and Evans sitting on the bench. He couldn't breath and saw medical attention. 

OK, fine, I confess that I like the guy.  The last time I saw him he was moving effortlessly and there were no medicos present.  We talked about wedding cakes and Harry Potter.

PokerSteve likes this

On 3/20/2017 at 1:44 PM, TRUju2111 said:

TRUFANT!!! tamme, shelby, clay, spoon

True...but we had better quality depth. Heck the Packers had a WR at RB!! It's no excuse tho because of the "next man up". That's why they're here. I love the way Coach Quinn has the 2nd and 3rd stringers ready to go at any moment.

Vandy likes this

Uhhh, Koetter never believed in full player utilization/match up creativity like Shannahan did--and Sarkasian will continue. To quote an 80's teen: "They'll still SUCK!" De Sean Jackson or not. This team need fear no other, including New England. Come September it's time for the killing spree to begin! 

On 3/19/2017 at 11:57 AM, PokerSteve said:

Agree. Also think Winston will struggle throwing accurately while horizontal looking out the earhole of his helmet with Beastley, Claborn and Poe using his carcass as a couch.

Steve, sounds like your back to your KICK --- form. Was wondering if you went to the Dark Side post Super Bowl. I hope we see New England again or another team in next year's SB or the year after. Maybe Poe and Hageman will tear an opposing QB in half next season, e.g. Brady, Brees, Newton, Rodgers! :bang:

PokerSteve likes this

On 3/20/2017 at 6:09 PM, Jesus said:

There's a few vets anchoring that defense and frankly I haven't seen Mike Smith consistently field a decent D. Even in Jax.

Agree. Smith's defenses are not rooted on the concept of achieving superiority over an opposing offense; it's rooted in playing mistake-free, giving up ground in a measured way and hoping the opposing offense will self-destruct on its way to a TD.

That doesn't sound like a very good formula, but in a mediocre league like the NFL where only six or seven teams out of 32 really have a chance to get to the SB each season, it works.

Smittyball consistently beats the bottom-feeder teams and thus is a reasonable option and will produce a consistent regular-season winning percentage if the team's offense is good. Beyond that regular-season threshold, Smittyball is not a viable option for a team with SB ambitions.

It's hard to find an adequate description for the complete lack of fear I feel when I consider the Falcons offense going up against a Mike Smith defense, but I think I should give it a try, just for clarity.

I'm more afraid of being attacked by a chupacabra hiding under my bed than a Mike Smith defense. I'm more afraid I'll get a fatal electric shock from a AAA battery, I'm more afraid I'll go to the mailbox and not find any mail there. I'm more afraid I'll go out to the dryer and find my clothes aren't dry. lol.

Smittyball sucks. We will demolish it and sweep the Sucs.

Jesus likes this

11 hours ago, BIRDLAND 2.0 said:

Steve, sounds like your back to your KICK --- form. Was wondering if you went to the Dark Side post Super Bowl. I hope we see New England again or another team in next year's SB or the year after. Maybe Poe and Hageman will tear an opposing QB in half next season, e.g. Brady, Brees, Newton, Rodgers! :bang:

I'm as bullish on this team as anybody on this board. Now did I go to The Dark Side post Super Bowl? Absolutely, but the anguish of that horrific collapse was mitigated in large part by the fact we weren't even supposed to get to the SB yet and here we were.

Also the knowledge the team would make even more roster upgrades and this young D would have a year of experience in the league and playing together. The great feeling of knowing we have about the best offense in the league and everybody will be back this year and for the next few years.

As for Poe and Hageman wreaking havoc this coming season on opposing QB's, yeah I can picture that happening with no strain of the imagination at all: Hageman, Poe, Beastley and Jarrett, the Four Horsemen ~ make that the Four Dirty Birds ~ of the  Apocalypse. :slick:

BIRDLAND 2.0 likes this

2 hours ago, PokerSteve said:

Agree. Smith's defenses are not rooted on the concept of achieving superiority over an opposing offense; it's rooted in playing mistake-free, giving up ground in a measured way and hoping the opposing offense will self-destruct on its way to a TD.

That doesn't sound like a very good formula, but in a mediocre league like the NFL where only six or seven teams out of 32 really have a chance to get to the SB each season, it works.

Smittyball consistently beats the bottom-feeder teams and thus is a reasonable option and will produce a consistent regular-season winning percentage if the team's offense is good. Beyond that regular-season threshold, Smittyball is not a viable option for a team with SB ambitions.

It's hard to find an adequate description for the complete lack of fear I feel when I consider the Falcons offense going up against a Mike Smith defense, but I think I should give it a try, just for clarity.

I'm more afraid of being attacked by a chupacabra hiding under my bed than a Mike Smith defense. I'm more afraid I'll get a fatal electric shock from a AAA battery, I'm more afraid I'll go to the mailbox and not find any mail there. I'm more afraid I'll go out to the dryer and find my clothes aren't dry. lol.

Smittyball sucks. We will demolish it and sweep the Sucs.

Bingo.

We crushed their defense twice last year. If Chester had been able to block McCoy it could have been two wins.

PokerSteve likes this

On 3/19/2017 at 4:48 PM, TheFatboi said:

Stats don't make Humphrey  better than Gabriel. Gabriel forces a defense to play differently. Humphries doesn't do that. Turbo could've had just 3 more catches that put him over 100 more yards than Humphrey's.

What was Humphrey average per catch? That's how you know who did more damage per catch. If a RB carries the ball 300 times he SHOULD have over 1k yards. Does that make him better than Free?? H3ll no!! Humphreys couldn't put a move on a db like Gabriel did in the SB. How many rushing td's did Humphrey have last year? He is no way now how better than turbo.

Evans is good but he ain't on the same planet with Julio yet. Sanu is bigger than jackson so that's an advantage against press. We play press man so I doubt jackson will be a factor when playing us getting off the line unless he plays slot, which I think they will do. They are trying to copy us with Gabriel.

Why would the Bucs copy the falcons of Humphrey was better than Gabriel? Their top 3 wr's are Evans, Jackson, and Jackson. Djax will be their Gabriel this upcoming season. Evans and VJax will be Julio/Sanu. It's a copycat league man. They know they need speed and Humphrey ain't it. 

humphries was the bucs number 2 receiver for most of last year. It was bound to end up with him having more yards and catches than gabriel. Gabriel has a role in this offense. Talent wise he is i believe better than humphries.