Madness21

Our Offense vs The Buc's Offense

144 posts in this topic

Just now, Vandy said:

Yes, Farve and Roethlisberger ....Winston has that same arm strength and mentality. Those type of QBs need a RB to open things up for them. 

Absolutely 

2 minutes ago, SamMills51 said:

Last time we ever had an actual #2 WR...those were the days.

They're not hard to find. I guess when you have a Qb that can make a competent receiver out of almost anyone it's even easier.

19 minutes ago, Realist said:

Mike shared the ball with Vjax and didn't have the luxury of having a probowl QB throwing to him his first year. He had josh McCown. Y'all kill me with this comparing  numbers stuff and don't factor in circumstances. Can you please tell me where you found this? Unless you watched all 16 of the Bucs games last year, then idk how you'd know that.

I watched him be single covered. And every wr shares the ball with at least one wr. But you're talking about 2 pro bowl pass catchers. Randy miss shared the ball with Chris Carter. If it was just Julio and roddy that means more opportunities are gonna come Julio's way. That sounded very uninformed of you to compare the split between the NATURAL order of wr's vs having a 100 catch wr AND TE. Just can't compare what we had. And whether it was Matt Ryan or Mcnown that doesn't matter either. Randy moss had cunningham l, who a lot of ppl thought was an old washed up running qb. And where did I compare nunbers? I compared circumstances. Sharing the ball with 2 pro bowlers vs one. Who was evens TE?? I'm absolutely positive it wasn't a HOF'er. Smh

Posted (edited)

38 minutes ago, Realist said:

I'm saying their unit as a whole is better than ours. Jackson is a lot better than Sanu wtf are you smoking? The difference between Jackson and Sanu is greater than the difference between Julio and Mike. He has 3,567 yards and 27 touchdowns in his first 3 seasons (46 games). For comparisons sake Julio had 3,480 and 23 TDs in his first 46 games. Brate had like 650 yards and 8 touchdowns next year. Hooper had like 250 yards lol. gtfo.

dude....stats don't tell who is better. Brate was on the field and targeted WAY MORE than Hooper. He was their 3rd option. Hooper..if he was the tight end in the game...was 5th option at best. LIke I said, Sanu and Jasckson are not the same type of player so you can't compare. One is a stretch the field type and the other is an over the middle type. Overall, they are NOT better than Atlanta's receiving corp.

Edited by mike11571

Would this thread have been more interesting as Our Offense vs. Tampa's Defense? or even their Offense vs. our Defense?

6 minutes ago, mike11571 said:

dude....stats don't tell who is better. Brate was on the field and targeted WAY MORE than Hooper. He was their 3rd option. Hooper..if he was the tight end in the game...was 5th option at best. LIke I said, Sanu and Jasckson are not the same type of player so you can't compare. One is a stretch the field type and the other is an over the middle type. Overall, they are NOT better than Atlanta's receiving corp.

Exactly. Hooper was a backup and Brate started. Maybe Hooper will produce more when he's the starter? idk. All I know is right now Brate is the superior TE by a whole lot. Just because they're different types of receivers doesn't mean you can't compare them. Djax is better at what he does compared to Sanu.

2 minutes ago, Realist said:

Exactly. Hooper was a backup and Brate started. Maybe Hooper will produce more when he's the starter? idk. All I know is right now Brate is the superior TE by a whole lot. Just because they're different types of receivers doesn't mean you can't compare them. Djax is better at what he does compared to Sanu.

No way. When DJax first came in the league, then I would say Yes. But not now. Brate not even close to "surperior". Probably a better blocker but Hoop is a better receiver.

2 hours ago, SamMills51 said:

Case in point the Falcons offense is easily far and away the current best in the division. No disputing that. TB is nowhere near the level the Falcons are at right now.

Glad an outsider is not as blind as some Falcon fans. You dont do what we did last year and have anyone compare a team like the bucs to us

SirrDooley likes this

Posted (edited)

18 minutes ago, mike11571 said:

No way. When DJax first came in the league, then I would say Yes. But not now. Brate not even close to "surperior". Probably a better blocker but Hoop is a better receiver.

What do you mean? DJax had a fantastic season last year? averaged 18 yards/catch. Led the league in getting separation. Hooper wasn't even good enough to beat out Tamme. C'mon you're being delusional.

Edited by Realist
Vandy likes this

9 minutes ago, Realist said:

What do you mean? DJax had a fantastic season last year? averaged 18 yards/catch. Led the league in getting separation. Hooper wasn't even good enough to be out Tamme. C'mon you're being delusional.

Wouldn't break my heart at all to see us draft David Njoku with pick 31. 

1 hour ago, TheFatboi said:

Exactly. And isn't that want Julio was at 23? A receiver that turned into wjatvhe is now. Had Julio been THE man in atl from day 1 imagine what his numbers would be like? If he was the #1 as a rookie. Crazy!! We all know Evans is the truth. He gives tru absolute h3ll. But he ain't Julio yet. And Collins on Evans slows him down so we might have our answer for Evans when we see him this year. 

that's the difference this season. Tru can stick with Evans stride for stride and challenge him but Evans is just stronger. Jalen on the other hand is bigger, stronger but just as sticky as Tru. I can see Jalen and Evans being a real battle of warriors going at it

Anybody mentioned yet that they don't even have Vincent Jackson anymore?

cameron brate ended the season on IR if I'm not mistaken with a bad back. 

And there's speculation that Doug Martin might not be back. 

41 minutes ago, Realist said:

What do you mean? DJax had a fantastic season last year? averaged 18 yards/catch. Led the league in getting separation. Hooper wasn't even good enough to beat out Tamme. C'mon you're being delusional.

Jackson is entering his 9th season. He's no spring chicken anymore. Hooper was a rookie behind a seasoned vet in a very mentally demanding offense. I think you are being delusional by not understanding the context behind what I'm saying.

3 minutes ago, mike11571 said:

Jackson is entering his 9th season. He's no spring chicken anymore. Hooper was a rookie behind a seasoned vet in a very mentally demanding offense. I think you are being delusional by not understanding the context behind what I'm saying.

Hooper has potential, but he hasn't proven he's capable of being anything more than a 5th option in an offense. 

3 hours ago, SamMills51 said:

Case in point the Falcons offense is easily far and away the current best in the division. No disputing that. TB is nowhere near the level the Falcons are at right now.

To me TB has the best 1-2 punch but we have the overall better group of WR now THE is debate but I will give us the edge unless TB drafts someone in the 1st. Our line, Qb, RB group are better as well too I even think we have the better play caller too. Sarks is gonna go ham with this offense something a lot of ppl keep under estimating.  He's gonna come in and work around us and add that new wrinkle to the offense and that could take it another step and we still have a whole draft to go. I'd still have to go with the Saints offense better than the bucs tbh with you BC they still got Bree's and have invested heavily in that line. Maybe they draft another wr but never under sell that offense.  

1 hour ago, TheFatboi said:

I think having a djax this season will help increase Evans yac game because you will always have to pay attention to djax. If you guys use DJax the way I think you will, which is similar to the way we use Gabriel in the slot we are in for some wars this season. That is deadly. Evans/Vjax on the outside and DJax in the slot?? Oh boy!! Can't get a hand on djax coming out of the slot. Scary. You guys are molding your offense similar in personnel to what we have. If you get a freeman or a Coleman geez!!! 

The return of Vincent Jackson is pretty iffy.  He wants to come back but his rehab is a long way from complete and the gas tank is bumping around empty - the older you get, you know?

And I do expect the Bucs to improve their run game.  They have an interesting situation with Martin.  An inconsistent, injury-prone guy with a drug addiction, who they can unload without any contract ramifications.  A guy who had a great rookie season and a great contract season but has been a huge disappointment otherwise.  Given the depth of this years RB draft, I have to believe they drop him and bring in one of the top five backs in this draft, especially if they can get some trade value.  I don't know if his contract has trade stipulations, but even if it does, they may have been voided by his suspension.

TheFatboi likes this

3 hours ago, Realist said:

QB: Clearly we have the advantage with Ryan, but it's hard to compare the two really. Winston is only 23 and has 50 TDs already. Matt was a rookie when he was 23. Winston needs to work on his accuracy/decision making, but he did make improvements in the 2nd half of the season. IMO he'll end up being a great QB.

RB: We have the advantage. Martin/Sims played poorly last year, but Quizz balled out for them. 

WR: Honestly i'd take their top 3 receivers over ours. Evans is a beast, but i'd still take Julio. Jackson is better than Sanu. Humpries is better than Gabriel. 

TE: Brate is much better than Hooper at this point. So Bucs.

O-line: They have the better guards in Marpet/Sweezy and we have the better center and tackles. 

Overall, it all comes down to Winston for them. Jackson adds some much needed speed to their offense. Should open things up for Evans and the running game.

Agree with everything except the guards.  Marpet will be better, if he isn't already.  Sweezy is awful though, very overated player by a lot of people.

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, Realist said:

Really? I think Mike Evans is a top 5 receiver right now. He had a better year than Julio last year imo. Humpries has about 100 more yards and 25+ more catches than turbo.

No, Evans is really good but Top 5? Idk. Julio, AB, AJ Green, Odell and Dez are mine. Then maybe Evans or Nuk.

Humphries had 25+ more catches and less than 100 more yards. Plus Turbo missed a game or two yet had more TDs. I don't think there's any debate who the better receiver is. 

Edited by MD-FalconFan13

10 minutes ago, MD-FalconFan13 said:

No, Evans is really good but Top 5? Idk. Julio, AB, AJ Green, Odell and Dez are mine. Then maybe Evans or Nuk.

Humphries had 25+ more catches and less than 100 more yards. Plus Turbo missed a game or two yet had more TDs. I don't think there's any debate who the better receiver is. 

Since Evans entered the league only Julio, Odell, AB, and Nuk have more receiving yards. Nuk has 100 more receiving yards, but Evans has 6 more TDs. 

They went 9-7 last year under Koetter their first year. Koetter has a habit of being too predictable and Smith has a habit of being not aggressive enough. I doubt they finish better than they did last season. 

5 hours ago, SamMills51 said:

Dude, finally gotta give you + 1.  

2 hours ago, Realist said:

Since Evans entered the league only Julio, Odell, AB, and Nuk have more receiving yards. Nuk has 100 more receiving yards, but Evans has 6 more TDs. 

Why are you so stuck on only comparing numbers?

Evans is top 6 right now. 

Julio, AB, Green, Odell, and Nuk are all better. 

I want to emphasize right now because 2015 he was top 12. He can definitely ascend so let's see if he does keeo climbing and stay consistent.

7 hours ago, raysnill1 said:

why are people worried about Desean Jackson? he's had 1 good game against us and when he was with Philly we played them every year for like 6 years, they were almost a division rival. he's older now and our DBs are the exact same speed as him. the only WR to worry about on the Bucs is Mike Evans

I don't understand why everyone's worried about Mike Evans there's still not a secondary in the division that can take care of Julio Jones everyone keeps talking about everyone else's weapons when we have the best weapon in the league ready to deploy and destroy anyone.

I mean look at him he was injured that whole play-off series and look what he did.I swear if I hear another stupid Mike Evans or anybody else offensively in this division please.

Julio Jones is still who every team fears every team.

raysnill1 likes this