Madness21

Our Offense vs The Buc's Offense

144 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, SamMills51 said:

Well Julio Jones is spades better than Evans right now. That's not homerism. That's fact.

I disagree. Julio is better than Evans I get the gist you believe I think otherwise. But Evans is right there already at 23.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Vandy said:

If they draft a hoss RB watch out though ...

Regardless they'll have some serious talent on O either way. I just won't be totally sold until Winston cleans up his INTs. His decision making was the knock on him at FSU and it remains to be seen if he can fix it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jerz said:

I never said he is in Julios class but he **** sure is closer to being the dominant receiver that Julio is than anyone else. Don't forget Evans is only 23 he has plenty of time and lots of experience to gain by the time he is even close to Julio's age. 

Possibly. My point was he's not  at Julio's level now. Homerism aside, I don't think anyone is right now. 

Sorry if I misinterpreted your point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TheFatboi said:

Exactly. And isn't that want Julio was at 23? A receiver that turned into wjatvhe is now. Had Julio been THE man in atl from day 1 imagine what his numbers would be like? If he was the #1 as a rookie. Crazy!! We all know Evans is the truth. He gives tru absolute h3ll. But he ain't Julio yet. And Collins on Evans slows him down so we might have our answer for Evans when we see him this year. 

I mean Julio was catching more TD's per season than he is now. But I mean honestly they're neck and neck Evans is legit.

TheFatboi likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Realist said:

I'm saying their unit as a whole is better than ours. Jackson is a lot better than Sanu wtf are you smoking? The difference between Jackson and Sanu is greater than the difference between Julio and Mike. He has 3,567 yards and 27 touchdowns in his first 3 seasons (46 games). For comparisons sake Julio had 3,480 and 23 TDs in his first 46 games. Brate had like 650 yards and 8 touchdowns next year. Hooper had like 250 yards lol. gtfo.

Julio shared the ball with RW and TG. 2 other pro bowlers. Y'all kill me with this comparing numbers stuff and don't factor in the circumstances. That doesn't make someone better than the other. Julio affects the opposing defense more than Evans does ATM.  Ppl will still single cover Evans. Nobody dares try that with Julio unless you want a 300 yard day. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jerz said:

I mean Julio was catching more TD's per season than he is now. But I mean honestly they're neck and neck Evans is legit.

They ain't neck and neck. Julio is a much better route runner, blocker, leader, teacher, etc... Evans has a ways to go. Julio makes others around him better. Evans isn't there yet. He will be but not yet. 

Drew4719 and Vandy like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, camfalcon said:

Regardless they'll have some serious talent on O either way. I just won't be totally sold until Winston cleans up his INTs. His decision making was the knock on him at FSU and it remains to be seen if he can fix it.

A stud Running game and more experience in their offense helps with all of that. This is just Winston's second year with Koetter. I think he's gonna be one of the best in league in next 3 years. 

See Matt's 2016 vs his 2015. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TheFatboi said:

They ain't neck and neck. Julio is a much better route runner, blocker, leader, teacher, etc... Evans has a ways to go. Julio makes others around him better. Evans isn't there yet. He will be but not yet. 

I meant young julio sheesh.

TheFatboi likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jerz said:

I mean Julio was catching more TD's per season than he is now. But I mean honestly they're neck and neck Evans is legit.

TD's? That's your measuring stick?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Just now, Vandy said:

TD's? That's your measuring stick?

No, I do factor them in though.

Edited by Jerz
Vandy likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, camfalcon said:

Regardless they'll have some serious talent on O either way. I just won't be totally sold until Winston cleans up his INTs. His decision making was the knock on him at FSU and it remains to be seen if he can fix it.

Winston is the real deal. His issue is he forces things when he doesn't have to. Sometimes you have to let the play come to you and not force it. That's winstons main issue. He goes for the big play when sometimes it's ok to take what the defense gives you. That's Cam's issue as well when he plays poorly. 

Vandy and Drew4719 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jerz said:

I meant young julio sheesh.

Gotcha. That makes sense. Now that I agree with. Evans and young Julio are very similar. Evans doesn't have the speed young Julio had but they are both very compatible. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

Julio shared the ball with RW and TG. 2 other pro bowlers. Y'all kill me with this comparing numbers stuff and don't factor in the circumstances. That doesn't make someone better than the other. Julio affects the opposing defense more than Evans does ATM.  Ppl will still single cover Evans. Nobody dares try that with Julio unless you want a 300 yard day. 

Mike shared the ball with Vjax and didn't have the luxury of having a probowl QB throwing to him his first year. He had josh McCown. Y'all kill me with this comparing  numbers stuff and don't factor in circumstances. Can you please tell me where you found this? Unless you watched all 16 of the Bucs games last year, then idk how you'd know that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TheFatboi said:

Gotcha. That makes sense. Now that I agree with. Evans and young Julio are very similar. Evans doesn't have the speed young Julio had but they are both very compatible. 

Thank the lord he doesn't have Julio's speed, but yeah I agree.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TheFatboi said:

Gotcha. That makes sense. Now that I agree with. Evans and young Julio are very similar. Evans doesn't have the speed young Julio had but they are both very compatible. 

Game speed and YAC are the differences between Evans and Jones, and I don't see Evans catching up in either category.

Jerz, TheFatboi, Vandy and 1 other like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TheFatboi said:

Winston is the real deal. His issue is he forces things when he doesn't have to. Sometimes you have to let the play come to you and not force it. That's winstons main issue. He goes for the big play when sometimes it's ok to take what the defense gives you. That's Cam's issue as well when he plays poorly. 

That's what I mean by his decision making is poor. Not a fan of Winston or Cam. Give me the QB that makes good decisions with accuracy, even if they have an average arm. 

TheFatboi likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TheFatboi said:

Gotcha. That makes sense. Now that I agree with. Evans and young Julio are very similar. Evans doesn't have the speed young Julio had but they are both very compatible. 

Evans has those strong big hands too. He made Johnny manziel look much better in college as a QB than he really was. 

Jerz and TheFatboi like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Vandy said:

If they draft a hoss RB watch out though ...

Yeah I have a feeling that they either go RB or Howard in the first both of which can make things interesting.

Vandy likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JOEinPHX said:

Game speed and YAC are the differences between Evans and Jones, and I don't see Evans catching up in either category.

I think having a djax this season will help increase Evans yac game because you will always have to pay attention to djax. If you guys use DJax the way I think you will, which is similar to the way we use Gabriel in the slot we are in for some wars this season. That is deadly. Evans/Vjax on the outside and DJax in the slot?? Oh boy!! Can't get a hand on djax coming out of the slot. Scary. You guys are molding your offense similar in personnel to what we have. If you get a freeman or a Coleman geez!!! 

Vandy likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SamMills51 said:

Steve Smith > Julio Jones and Mike Evans

*Runs out the door*

You better run. 

When you guys had Muhammad paired with smith defenses had no answer for them. 

SamMills51 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, camfalcon said:

That's what I mean by his decision making is poor. Not a fan of Winston or Cam. Give me the QB that makes good decisions with accuracy, even if they have an average arm. 

That's more to his competitive nature. Same with cam. Matt has had issues with that as well. You have GK curve your competitor sometimes in order to make the right decision. Then again that same thing made Brett Favre a HOF'er. Winston and Cam are both good qb's tho. 

camfalcon and Vandy like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Vandy said:

You better run. 

When you guys had Muhammad paired with smith defenses had no answer for them. 

Last time we ever had an actual #2 WR...those were the days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

7 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

That's more to his competitive nature. Same with cam. Matt has had issues with that as well. You have GK curve your competitor sometimes in order to make the right decision. Then again that same thing made Brett Favre a HOF'er. Winston and Cam are both good qb's tho. 

Yes, Farve and Roethlisberger ....Winston has that same arm strength and gunslinger mentality. Those type of QBs need a RB to open things up for them. 

Edited by Vandy
TheFatboi likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now