Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tl;dr

Atlanta United vs. Chicago Fire

42 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

Go away. It's the off-season. 

stfu. He clearly didn't know there's an Atlanta united board. I don't give a **** if it's posted here. 

13 minutes ago, ShmevinShmarris said:

Yeah people need to chill with tatf **** when it's the offseason

See above. 

Blank has done an amazing job bringing soccer to Atlanta with a VERY competitive team up 3-0 on Chicago and holding a 81-19% possession advantage.. Atlanta is playing keep away! 

Congrats Mr Blank and ATL United on win #2!!

randawg91 likes this

Martinez looks like he could give our city back to back MVPs  if he keeps this up.

5 goals in last two games

And yeah mods move this thread when you can. The United thread needs more foundation threads to get it going anyway

SkerFalcon8710 likes this

wanna bet our illustrious owner manages to bring the world cup to the ATL in the next 5 years?

13 minutes ago, jimifalcon said:

wanna bet our illustrious owner manages to bring the world cup to the ATL in the next 5 years?

Sure...the World Cups through 2022 are already set.

What do I win?

poutlipper likes this

Posted (edited)

10 minutes ago, PK Manley said:

Sure...the World Cups through 2022 are already set.

What do I win?

Perhaps he meant within 5 years Blank will  have Atlanta chosen as the site for a future World Cup. It is nice to see the American Family Insurance FC off to a good start.

Edited by Mr.Blank

2 minutes ago, Mr.Blank said:

Perhaps he meant within 5 years Blank will  have Atlanta chosen as the site for a future World Cup. It is nice to see the American Family Insurance FC off to a good start.

Perhaps, but I choose to interpret it literally in order to win the hypothetical bet.

35 minutes ago, jimifalcon said:

My man has never watched soccer in his life before.

3 minutes ago, Forever Julian said:

My man has never watched soccer in his life before.

I'll be happy if they can win the mls cup and bring a championship of some form to Atlanta. At this pace we might have a real shot this year even. Gonna be a tough stretch of 4 away games coming up though! 

Forever Julian likes this

2 minutes ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

I'll be happy if they can win the mls cup and bring a championship of some form to Atlanta. At this pace we might have a real shot this year even. Gonna be a tough stretch of 4 away games coming up though! 

Going to seattle is the first away test really. I know they played in Minnesota last week, but calling that side a football side is using football in the most liberal of terms. They were horrendous.

If they can go 2-2 during the next four I feel Atlanta has a good chance.

SkerFalcon8710 likes this

1 minute ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

I wish they would put their post there. 

I've already tagged the mods and asked them so.... JUST WAITING. They just made us an Atlanta united board on here, some people didn't know. 

Stop getting your jimmies rustled over some futbol 

2 minutes ago, Forever Julian said:

Going to seattle is the first away test really. I know they played in Minnesota last week, but calling that side a football side is using football in the most liberal of terms. They were horrendous.

If they can go 2-2 during the next four I feel Atlanta has a good chance.

We've got some really GOOD young South American talent with a pipeline for that talent at manager. Hopefully we can keep guys like Martinez for more than a year before they get shipped off to Europe 

4 minutes ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

We've got some really GOOD young South American talent with a pipeline for that talent at manager. Hopefully we can keep guys like Martinez for more than a year before they get shipped off to Europe 

I think Martinez will stick around, but that Almiron guy might be on the way out if scouts see him play. The way he plays he could really get serious money in Europe or even China if people see more from him.

Was at the stadium watching him, and in person he was a class above the way he controlled the game. Strangely enough was a class above anybody on either side.

Just now, Forever Julian said:

I think Martinez will stick around, but that Almiron guy might be on the way out if scouts see him play. The way he plays he could really get serious money in Europe or even China if people see more from him.

Was at the stadium watching him, and in person he was a class above the way he controlled the game. Strangely enough was a class above anybody on either side.

I'm really impressed with how these guys are adapting to playing on turf, our counter attack might be the best in the league right now. Just to much speed and quick passing. I'm really happy with the direction the team is heading and happy for Blank to have something to take his mind off the SB loss lol. 

Forever Julian likes this