54 posts in this topic

49 minutes ago, Monolith2001 said:

He wore both during his college career.  My 2 cents on the move up is I really love this kid and want him on the team BUT moving up would be pretty steep and there is so much potential talent that you potentially are giving up 2-3 good players for one great one.  We'd have to give up a pick next year to really make it work in any form.

My thoughts exactly. I'd kill to have him but I'd rather sit and see who falls to us and if it's not someone we really love then trade back.

4 hours ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

I'm confused is he #7 or #58?

I'm assuming he changed numbers at one point lol but yeah that threw me for a second 

8 hours ago, Vandy said:

If and only if Kiwi he's as good as some here think he will be. But if he's not, you really hurt yourself losing all that draft capital. 

I would not trade up to get him or anyone else. Too many good players will be there at 31,  just let draft fall to you. 

That's exactly right I'm only presenting a scenario why,as I'm not a big trade up guy either.

Vandy likes this

To me, after the signing of Poe our needs at LB go down a bit due to the nature of LOS battle freeing up whomever you have in the back 7. And, if Poe is indeed a force on run downs you likely are in your Nickel packages for 3rd down. That means the value of Reddick in a trade up would be PRIMARILY utilizing his flexibility as a pass rusher in certain formations/blitz packages. While he would be a nice pick there are other DEs that Quinn may want to secure at 31 and I'm of the opinion in my gut Atlanta has the luxury of going BPA or trading down more likely than trading up.

However, it would be nice to get him without needing to trade up much if Atlanta in fact really did like him more than what end or BPA could be at 31. You just really have to weigh the cost of moving up and losing out on another pick until our 2nd rounder.

Would you rather Reddick + our current 2nd(assuming we don't have to give it up?) OR trade down from 31, have 2 second rounders and perhaps an extra 3rd or 4th?

EDIT: After further consideration and not knowing what the coaches think of Campbell moving forward it makes more sense why the Falcons may target a LB of Reddick's caliber. Interesting...he could have more chances at getting sacks rushing the QB than Campbell perhaps showed and given his injury status as a rookie. IF that is the case though you could argue Atlanta still drafts an OL in round 4 or 5 assuming Thornton was signed with hopes of being favorite at RG if healthy.

Edited by slimjim
ATLSlobberKnockers likes this