54 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, DirtyBirds5430 said:

Last year - Keanu Neal(950) ,Deion Jones(380), and De'vondre Campbell(64)draft value equaled Deforest Buckner(1500)

Absolutely stay put at 31 and let DQ work his magic. 

Plus we got Wes by trading back for Deion. Hope he can start!

3 hours ago, DirtyBirds5430 said:

Last year - Keanu Neal(950) ,Deion Jones(380), and De'vondre Campbell(64)draft value equaled Deforest Buckner(1500)

I'm cool with staying put; but I wouldn't cry if the Falcons went up to get their guy--in DQ and TD, I trust

the more I look at our roster we really could go up, back or stay out in draft. It's a well constructed roster that DQ seems able to utilize even the most lowly rookie UDFA (Poole for example) into being a contributor 

Falconsfan567 likes this

On 3/18/2017 at 3:41 PM, kiwifalcon said:

I mentioned this the other day that i am not a fan of going upto get anyone in this draft.

BUT.

In the same sentence I put hypothetically if i were who would it be for.

You guessed it Haason Reddick is the guy.

Too me its a 2 bird with one stone thought I'm thinking in the nickel you could rush this guy from the edge and in tandem him and Campbell could hold down the WILL spot dependant on who or how DQ chose to deploy both players.

In know way am I saying go all the way up for this guy but maybe if he made it to the early 20s.Like another poster pointed out to me. 

Just think adding this guy save us having to go LBer later in the draft also.

He's a game changing type talent. If we moved up to get him I'd understand. And, yeah, I think you get a two for one deal. You could easily plug him into WLB first 2 downs, then put his hand down or stand up and rush in passing situations in those cases you put Campbell in

heck with Poe in the middle you could blitz him from the middle and let Devon roam from the wlb spot.

i like chess pieces like this kid

Jerz and kiwifalcon like this

To everyone let's not forget a 6'2" 230 kid put his hand in the dirt and did very well for the colts.

id say Robert Mathis proved size ain't everything 

Jerz likes this

6 hours ago, MSalmon said:

He's a game changing type talent. If we moved up to get him I'd understand. And, yeah, I think you get a two for one deal. You could easily plug him into WLB first 2 downs, then put his hand down or stand up and rush in passing situations in those cases you put Campbell in

heck with Poe in the middle you could blitz him from the middle and let Devon roam from the wlb spot.

i like chess pieces like this kid

Poster Colin Pernett put me onto that train of thought it really made sense to me and if we do go he'd be the guy I think that would make a huge difference to the Falcons defense.

6 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

Poster Colin Pernett put me onto that train of thought it really made sense to me and if we do go he'd be the guy I think that would make a huge difference to the Falcons defense.

Oh, there are plenty of guys we could trade up for that would be huge differences to our defense lol

This is might be one of the cheaper move-ups

18 hours ago, DirtyBirds5430 said:

Or even trade down. Come out of second round with two potential starters plus another future starter in round 3 and improve your depth with two more picks in round 4.

this is a deep draft where trading down makes a lot of sense to a team desperate for a QB at bottom of round 1.

The 31st pick is worth 600 points.

Let's just assume he is there at 20 and we want to pounce.  The 20th pick is worth 850 points.  So, we are 250 points in the hole that we need to make up...

63rd pick (2nd rd) is worth 276 points.  95th pick (3rd rd) is worth 120 points.  127th pick (4th rd) is worth 45 points.

So it'll cost a swap of first round picks obviously, and either a 2nd this year or next, or a third this year and a third next year more than likely.

I'm not sure if he would be worth a 1+2 or 1+3+3 in this years deep class, tbh.

6 hours ago, Vandy said:

Or even trade down. Come out of second round with two potential starters plus another future starter in round 3 and improve your depth with two more picks in round 4.

this is a deep draft where trading down makes a lot of sense to a team desperate for a QB at bottom of round 1.

Absolutely agree. I'd love to see the team trade down and double dip in the 2nd round, have another 3rd and a pair of 4ths. This is such a deep draft. While I'm happy with our starting lineup I am still concerned with our depth, especially on the defensive side of the ball.

papachaz and Vandy like this

Kiwi, can he be another LEO? Also. Picks are too valuable and now CAP space limited. Need all our picks, so I wouldn't move up. 

I don't want to move up in this draft, but if we do I hope it is to take Reddick. Reddick and Jones would be an absolutely filthy combination.

On 3/18/2017 at 4:08 PM, Vandy said:

Sorry, not buying into the hype for this guy. Certainly not to the point I would trade up for him. 

have you noticed the highlights for some of these "I want this guy" seem to be a high percentage of games against shall I say, less than 'stellar' opponents? Now I'm not saying a small school guy never has a chance to be a star, because we all know that's not true. But really, his game against memphis is the game to watch to see how great he is and why we should give up anything to trade up to get him?

Vandy likes this

31 minutes ago, papachaz said:

have you noticed the highlights for some of these "I want this guy" seem to be a high percentage of games against shall I say, less than 'stellar' opponents? Now I'm not saying a small school guy never has a chance to be a star, because we all know that's not true. But really, his game against memphis is the game to watch to see how great he is and why we should give up anything to trade up to get him?

Similar to the Khalil Mack situation a couple years ago if you ask me. Mack played at Buffalo and well, yeah. Riddick is a player!

On 3/18/2017 at 4:44 PM, Dem Birds said:

Lol I know who he is, I just didn't know who Riddick was lol. But he's fixed that 

I'm confused is he #7 or #58?

Dem Birds likes this

23 hours ago, BIRDLAND 2.0 said:

Kiwi, can he be another LEO? Also. Picks are too valuable and now CAP space limited. Need all our picks, so I wouldn't move up. 

Thats what I think the beauty of Reddick is mate I think he can play LEO/WILL he gives us that versatility personel wise.

If your asking me play Leo full time no I wouldnt do that but I would have specific down and distance packages that Reddick would be a huge part of.

Think of the Reddick trade up like this Bro.If you do go and give up say a 3rd or a 4th this year and maybe a pick next year this year we dont have to address LBer because of the position versatility of Reddick and you add a real playmaker to the defense at the sametime.

Falconsfan567 and Jerz like this

5 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Thats what I think the beauty of Reddick is mate I think he can play LEO/WILL he gives us that versatility personel wise.

If your asking me play Leo full time no I wouldnt do that but I would have specific down and distance packages that Reddick would be a huge part of.

Think of the Reddick trade up like this Bro.If you do go and give up say a 3rd or a 4th this year and maybe a pick next year this year we dont have to address LBer because of the position versatility of Reddick and you add a real playmaker to the defense at the sametime.

Another one I'll have to watch. Thanks!

Posted (edited)

7 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

If and only if Kiwi he's as good as some here think he will be. But if he's not, you really hurt yourself losing all that draft capital. 

I would not trade up to get him or anyone else. Too many good players will be there at 31,  just let draft fall to you. 

Edited by Vandy
vitaman likes this

1 hour ago, kiwifalcon said:

Yeah. That's the thing that makes him such a player that I'd love to have on the Falcons.

kiwifalcon likes this

3 hours ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

I'm confused is he #7 or #58?

He wore both during his college career.  My 2 cents on the move up is I really love this kid and want him on the team BUT moving up would be pretty steep and there is so much potential talent that you potentially are giving up 2-3 good players for one great one.  We'd have to give up a pick next year to really make it work in any form.

Vandy and Falconsfan567 like this