54 posts in this topic

I mentioned this the other day that i am not a fan of going upto get anyone in this draft.

BUT.

In the same sentence I put hypothetically if i were who would it be for.

You guessed it Haason Reddick is the guy.

Too me its a 2 bird with one stone thought I'm thinking in the nickel you could rush this guy from the edge and in tandem him and Campbell could hold down the WILL spot dependant on who or how DQ chose to deploy both players.

In know way am I saying go all the way up for this guy but maybe if he made it to the early 20s.Like another poster pointed out to me. 

Just think adding this guy save us having to go LBer later in the draft also.

15 minutes ago, Dem Birds said:

Never heard of him 

or if you actually want to see a full game instead of just highlights.

Kid is going to be a star. Which is why I would jump at the chance to trade up and get him. I seriously think he is experiencing he same kind of rise in stock that Khalil Mack had a couple years ago and will go top 10. No way we can do that but if he falls to the late teens I'd pull the trigger.

BIRDLAND 2.0 and Falcan Moore like this

1 minute ago, Colin_Pernett said:

Kid is going to be a star. Which is why I would jump at the chance to trade up and get him. I seriously think he is experiencing he same kind of rise in stock that Khalil Mack had a couple years ago and will go top 10. No way we can do that but if he falls to the late teens I'd pull the trigger.

Sorry, not buying into the hype for this guy. Certainly not to the point I would trade up for him. 

1 minute ago, Vandy said:

Sorry, not buying into the hype for this guy. Certainly not to the point I would trade up for him. 

Are you saying that looking at him as an edge rusher or a linebacker? Because as a pure Leo he would be a terrible first rounder but as a hybrid linebacker I think he's one of the elite prospects of this class.

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, Colin_Pernett said:

Are you saying that looking at him as an edge rusher or a linebacker? Because as a pure Leo he would be a terrible first rounder but as a hybrid linebacker I think he's one of the elite prospects of this class.

TBH, I dunno. He's what, 6'1 240? Is he even a hybrid? I know Quinn likes him, and If he were still there when we pick, I think we would figure out where to play him. But not worth the risk to trade up into top 15-20 for him IMO, too many unknowns in him plus similar players will still be there at 31.

Edited by Vandy
vitaman likes this

13 minutes ago, Colin_Pernett said:

I'm not a trade up guy but thought about the whole hybrid idea and it basically saves you having to go there later in the draft by going for the guy.As he will for fill a few roles for you while giving you versatility and depth.

Most off for me though it's more speed and urgency on the defensive side of the ball.Adding Poe upfront could well be the game changer for a pick like this to happen.

Colin_Pernett likes this

13 minutes ago, Vandy said:

TBH, I dunno. I know Quinn likes him, and If he were still there when we pick, I think we would figure out where to play him. But not worth the risk to trade up into top 15-20 for him IMO, too many unknowns plus similar players will still be there at 31.

There are no similar players in this draft class tbh, the closest thing is Tyus Bowser.

We're already missing a 6th round pick so if we did go up to get Reddick, I'd hope we trade back at some point in the 2nd or 3rd round to get a pick back.

58 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

I mentioned this the other day that i am not a fan of going upto get anyone in this draft.

BUT.

In the same sentence I put hypothetically if i were wh would it be for.

You guessed it Hassan Reddick is the guy.

Too me its a 2 bird with one stone thought I'm thinking in the nickel you could rush this guy from the edge and in tandem him and Campbell could hold down the WILL spot dependant on who or how DQ chose to deploy both players.

In know way am I saying go all the way up for this guy but maybe if he made it to the early 20s.Like another poster pointed out to me. 

Just think adding this guy save us having to go LBer later in the draft also.

Absolutely love this guy!!

Slappywhite and kiwifalcon like this

38 minutes ago, Colin_Pernett said:

Lol I know who he is, I just didn't know who Riddick was lol. But he's fixed that 

On 3/19/2017 at 9:37 AM, HEIST said:

We're already missing a 6th round pick so if we did go up to get Reddick, I'd hope we trade back at some point in the 2nd or 3rd round to get a pick back.

That's the whole thing that concerned me but Colin Pernett points it out well a hybrid player that can play Edge or cover in your front 7 means we can be more versatile scheme wise attack with more different looking personnel packages.We have Beasley who can be asked to do that but I see Reddick as a player exactly made for today's NFL in that rush spot.

Also means with the pick used to go up we won't have to go LBer anywhere else in the draft.

Colin_Pernett likes this

Posted (edited)

38 minutes ago, Falcan Moore said:

There are no similar players in this draft class tbh, the closest thing is Tyus Bowser.

Could be.....not that I'm some draft guru or anything like that, but I'm just not seeing it in him, especially not to the point of being worth trading up for. 

Edited by Vandy

Posted (edited)

If he falls past 20 yeah go get him. I honestly feel like we would see the most overall improvement on defense if we land Reddick in the draft. I could see him playing Will and have Campbell move to upgrade Wheelers spot. Not only would we have upgraded the interior run defense with poe, it would be very hard for teams to run outside the tackles with jones and reddick chasing plays down.   

Edited by Jerz
Slappywhite likes this

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Colin_Pernett said:

yeh hes a great OLB in a 4-3, naybe inside in a 3-4

Edited by mtldirtybird

I like Reddick a lot....I hope they get him in the 1st round.  He's going to be a stud LB on someone's team, I hope it's this one

w/ all of our guys coming up for new deals:

Freeman

Trufant

Matt (re-structure)

Jake Matthews

Poe (perhaps)

down the road:  Beasley, 

having draft picks and depth will become more important as we need more players on rookie deals at cheap cost of labor.   Also, given that we have seen the Falcons go 8-for-9 with their top picks from 2015/2016 (and the one I am not counting is Justin Hardy who is at least decent - Neal, Debo, Hoop, Campbell, Beasley, Collins, Teco, Jarrett) - given that - do you really want to take picks away from Quinn/Dimitroff/Pioli/Phil Emery/Ruston Webster right now when they are WHITE HOT?