WhenFalconsWin

Dan Quinn likes what he saw from Youngstown ST. DE Derek Rivers

46 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, RazorWing said:

This draft is soo deep. If you trade down a few spots. We might get him 

Definitely interested in a tradeback scenario. We did it last year. Won't it be something if Wes turns out to be a cornerstone at RG?

Just now, Charles Lindberg said:

Definitely interested in a tradeback scenario. We did it last year. Won't it be something if Wes turns out to be a cornerstone at RG?

Yep. That's the million dollar question. Can Wes play the position. Do the coaches trust him if not they will draft a guard in the second for competition 

James Bond 007 likes this

3 minutes ago, RazorWing said:

Yep. That's the million dollar question. Can Wes play the position. Do the coaches trust him if not they will draft a guard in the second for competition 

yup. They sure protected him last year. No PS, no possibility of waiver claim, at all. That says they like something about him. I thought he looked pretty good in training camp. We knock the falcons on OL guys, but they did develop Schraeder

12 hours ago, slimjim said:

Really liking the idea of trading back more. Wouldn't it blow your mind if we traded up and down?!B)

The Dirty Bird Yo Yo Draft for the SB win? If it works, Hollywood will come calling. :D

slimjim likes this

12 hours ago, Gimme. said:

Atlanta has been getting better at misdirection too tho lol..Be careful. Wouldn't be surprised if Hall or Passanoah whatever his name is is the real target. 

I like Tanoh Kpassagnon. He is 6'9 280 put him as SDE next to Poe with Grady and Beasley in the base. With Campbell , Jones and a rookie linebacker. With Collins and Tru on the outside with NewFS and Neal.

4 hours ago, RazorWing said:

If we draft a guard in the 2nd, he's not camp competion. He's the unofficial starter.

Vandy likes this

3 hours ago, GATXBOI said:

I like Tanoh Kpassagnon. He is 6'9 280 put him as SDE next to Poe with Grady and Beasley in the base. With Campbell , Jones and a rookie linebacker. With Collins and Tru on the outside with NewFS and Neal.

If we grab him, Kpass won't be ready to start immediately next year. He will need to be eased in. 

13 minutes ago, Vandy said:

If we grab him, Kpass won't be ready to start immediately next year. He will need to be eased in. 

Most late 1sts aren't. Look at recent history y'all. (not talking about you specifically I'm sure you know) Recent drafts have spoiled us.

Vandy likes this

Just now, Falcan Moore said:

Most late 1sts aren't. Look at recent history y'all. Recent drafts have spoiled us.

Agree. He especially will take more time. 

BTW, I Don't see him as a late 1st either...do you?

3 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Agree. He especially will take more time. 

BTW, I Don't see him as a late 1st either...do you?

No, I'd rather get him in the 2nd - and I think there's a decent shot either he or someone else I love will be there anyways. Just thought we were talking about that. Hard to think many people would be upset with Quinn getting his hands on a freak like Tanoh in the 2nd.

But yeah, DE especially takes a while. That said, by the middle of his 2nd year I think Quinn would have him starting to look good, and by his 3rd he could easily be one of the scariest and most versatile linemen in the league. 

Vandy likes this

2 minutes ago, Falcan Moore said:

No, I'd rather get him in the 2nd - and I think there's a decent shot either he or someone else I love will be there anyways. Just thought we were talking about that. Hard to think many people would be upset with Quinn getting his hands on a freak like Tanoh in the 2nd.

But yeah, DE especially takes a while. That said, by the middle of his 2nd year I think Quinn would have him starting to look good, and by his 3rd he could easily be one of the scariest and most versatile linemen in the league. 

Agreed. He's a physical specimen for sure. 

On 3/19/2017 at 10:50 AM, RazorWing said:

This draft is soo deep. If you trade down a few spots. We might get him 

Pick up another pick and still get him?  That's the dream scenario.  

19 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Pick up another pick and still get him?  That's the dream scenario.  

Might as well. Riddick might be gone. But lawson,watt,rivers,de from Villanova,harris,lamp. With corners so deep in this draft. It will push these guys down some. Some guys will be available in the early 2nd round. Just make sure the pick is in the top 5 second rd. 

With everything coming out about how well his workout went and how DQ and Rivers sort of gravitated towards eachother I'm starting to think he may be who we're targetting at 31... Not sure how I feel about that. A bit rich for me but a lot of people thought the Keanu pick was too rich for #17 as well. At this point, I'm confident in DQ and co.'s ability to develop talent. If they see something in him then its probably legit.

This guy Charles is a very good draft analyst. Falcons fan and has a podcast called Setting the Edge that I recently started listening to. He's very good and an Atlanta fan.

On ‎3‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 10:02 PM, atljbo said:

The 31st pick is like a 2nd rounder ... Even TD said something like that ... I don't get why ppl making it seem like we picking 12th.

If you think a guy is a 2nd round pick ... He should be a option at 31

True, but if you think he will go mid to late 2nd, and you want him, trade back from 31 and acquire some more draft capital...

3 hours ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

True, but if you think he will go mid to late 2nd, and you want him, trade back from 31 and acquire some more draft capital...

Ok... Thats if you can trade back

On 3/20/2017 at 5:32 PM, Boise Falcon Fan said:

Might not happen now though.  A lot of pundits are sneaking him into the first round now.  Our only shot might be at 31 to get him.

Boise Falcon Fan likes this