Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gazoo

Are Quinn and TD getting ready for a Pats- Falcons Super Bowl Rematch?

70 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

3 minutes ago, gazoo said:

Indutibably!

Ha! I'll have to look that big fancy word you just threw at me up :), gazoo...,.you aren't calling me  bad names again, are ya?

Edited by Vandy
gazoo likes this

11 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Ha! I'll have to look that big fancy word you just threw at me up :), gazoo...,.you aren't calling me  bad names again, are ya?

I'm with you Vandy. I hate it when posters use big words just to sound perspicacious :rolleyes:

Vandy likes this

14 minutes ago, gazoo said:

I'm with you Vandy. I hate it when posters use big words just to sound perspicacious :rolleyes:

LMAO!

you're a mess, gazoo. 

gazoo and blkbigdog35 like this

Just now, Vandy said:

LMAO!

you're a mess, gazoo. 

If I debated you on that point I'd surely lose :lol:

Vandy likes this

3 hours ago, Tandy said:

No, we could have stopped Brady in this game by being efficient in play calling and if our offense could have held up.   We left the defense on the field too long

If they don't do something to shore up the offensive line so they can hold on for 60 minutes a game instead of dying out in the 4th quarter - then we are in the same boat.

I love what they've done - but they have to address depth and stamina on the OL.

To qualify/support what you are saying....The playcalling in the 4th was abysmal.  Shanny thought he had it in the bag and was thinking of San Fran.  Then when it counted his arrogance ruined everything...run the ball three times then win the game.  Unforgiveable...

falconsrus, blkbigdog35 and Tandy like this

3 hours ago, Tandy said:

In the regular season of 2016 - here is our scoring for and against by quarter

1ST QTR   139-61  +78 POINTS

2ND QTR   148-110   +38 POINTS

3RD QTR   128-52    +76 POINTS

4TH QTR     102-148   -46 POINTS

Superbowl followed the same pattern

1st QTR 0-0

2nd qtr 21-3

3rd qtr 7-6

4th qtr 0-19

Now, some of the regular season stuff had to do with the prevent defense - but our offense was to remain dominant during this reign.   I can attribute some to pulling Ryan out in a couple of games - but the difference is still stark.

Running the ball exceptionally well in the 4th is a must for our O when we need too.  Bottom line....

Tandy likes this

17 hours ago, Tandy said:

No, we could have stopped Brady in this game by being efficient in play calling and if our offense could have held up.   We left the defense on the field too long

If they don't do something to shore up the offensive line so they can hold on for 60 minutes a game instead of dying out in the 4th quarter - then we are in the same boat.

I love what they've done - but they have to address depth and stamina on the OL.

Atlanta lost to experience..I read where Belichick was talking about how they prepared the players stamina and endurance by diet and other things..I mean hats off to them for the lengths they go to make sure there are ready to compete for championships..that's to me where Atlanta needs to get meticulous in every aspect and phase of your individual player off the field especially..the engine is only as good has what you put into it.that said yes we dominated most of the game but it's those little things that can win or lose you the game outside of proper game management 

Crazy Trav, Vandy and PokerSteve like this

18 hours ago, Realist said:

I like Poe, but it's still tbd how effective he is at creating pressure. I think he averages less than 1 hurry/game.

He will create more pressure. His job was to hold the point in KC defense. In DQ defense he gets to attack and disrupt the offense. He will be able to use his athleticism more. Remember we went from 19 sacks to 30+ with virtually the same players on the d line.

Crazy Trav likes this

I think it's the fact we have 3 good qbs in our divison that we need to pressure consistently. 

19 hours ago, ShmevinShmarris said:

Lol at the idea that the patriots are the only team who can be had by interior pressure

You are the only one saying that.

Do you often start arguments with imaginary adversaries?

18 hours ago, capitan said:

Running the ball exceptionally well in the 4th is a must for our O when we need too.  Bottom line....

We struggled running the ball due to our 3 best OL all playing on one leg. Mathews was already gimpy, Mack was in extreme pain all game and Shraeder was getting abused after tearing the ligament in his ankle in second quarter.

21 hours ago, Tandy said:

Excellent post!!

6 hours ago, RoddyWhite84 said:

Atlanta lost to experience..I read where Belichick was talking about how they prepared the players stamina and endurance by diet and other things..I mean hats off to them for the lengths they go to make sure there are ready to compete for championships..that's to me where Atlanta needs to get meticulous in every aspect and phase of your individual player off the field especially..the engine is only as good has what you put into it.that said yes we dominated most of the game but it's those little things that can win or lose you the game outside of proper game management 

Agree. In the end, experience was the deciding factor. The Falcons prepared as best they could for what they thought the challenges would be against the Patriots, the Patriots prepared for what they knew the challenges would be, not just from the Falcons offense and defense, but to what would be required to have them perform better in the closing minutes of the game.

I think the Falcons were done in at least in part by the sheer ridiculous length of the SB half-time show. How long does that dam thing last anyway? Two gotdam hours? I thought to myself when the second half started, it feels like the game should be over, not just half-finished.

I can't even imagine how the Falcons players had any hope of maintaining focus and concentration ~ and their high energy level ~ when they hadn't faced anything like that kind of delay in the whole season. Next time they'll know to expect that, and they'll be ready and they'll adjust. Next time Quinn and his coaching staff will make sure the players have built up the stamina necessary to play championship football for all four quarters. Next time the Falcons players and coaches will have the experience to win that all-important last half of football.

Crazy Trav and RoddyWhite84 like this

18 hours ago, capitan said:

To qualify/support what you are saying....The playcalling in the 4th was abysmal.  Shanny thought he had it in the bag and was thinking of San Fran.  Then when it counted his arrogance ruined everything...run the ball three times then win the game.  Unforgiveable...

I think this is what's really hard to swallow because it was so attainable!!

Posted (edited)

22 hours ago, Tandy said:

Football 101 in the second half could have won the game for the Falcons. Yes, the defense was gassed, and so was the Falcon OL. Yes, the Pats, made some great plays. However, play calling on the Falcons part was not what you do when you have a sizable lead. Twice the Falcons could have extended 2 drives on short run plays, and they opted to keep passing the ball and it led to points for the Pats. The Falcons did not go after the clock, and they had enough opportunities to do it. Not to mention the length of time that went on with last series of the first half and half time show, should have had the Falcons running the ball right out of the gate. I don't know why the coaching staff did not see the numbers in front of them. The Falcons were successfully running the ball. The defense had already been on the field for a long time. Just run the ball, and set up the pass by keeping the Pat defense in run protection. Our OC thought he was being aggressive, but instead became one dimensional, and hung a defense that had already played over its head, out to dry. 

I agree with having more depth on the OL to preserve some stamina, but coaches can't suddenly start making boneheaded decisions in a big game against a coach who is a mastermind at his profession. Just run the ball, kick the ball, and win he game. How do you not see your gassed out D on the sidelines. How the **** do you get into the shotgun on the 22 yard line for a pass attempt with the clock winding down. The Falcons Coaching Staff lost their focus in this game, and lost the game. 

Edited by 4dabirds
Vandy likes this

22 hours ago, Tandy said:

1st QTR 0-0

2nd qtr 21-3

3rd qtr 7-6

4th qtr 0-19

Now, some of the regular season stuff had to do with the prevent defense - but our offense was to remain dominant during this reign.   I can attribute some to pulling Ryan out in a couple of games - but the difference is still stark.

Good stuff Tandy

Tandy likes this

23 hours ago, Tandy said:

1st QTR 0-0

2nd qtr 21-3

3rd qtr 7-6

4th qtr 0-19

I see these stats and they pretty much corroborate what I saw during the games.  We did not have the interior OL to run that ball between the tackles when everyone in the house knew that we needed to get 1st  downs and chew up the clock.  

We lost the Super Bowl and nearly every playoff over the past few years due to weakness along the OL.  

With regards to the Gazoo's point:   Yes.  Poe and Jarrett are expected to collapse the pocket.....especially in the 4th quarter, when we usually have a lead.  

PokerSteve and Tandy like this

23 hours ago, gazoo said:

Oh, I agree to root cause of the loss was our offense couldn't stay on field enough along with some terrible play calling.  

We had our 3 best OL playing injured and it severely impacted our ability to dominate as we had all year.  We were finding ourselves in a lot of second and longs with our backs getting hit quicker than they were most of the year.  Our 3 best OL were playing on one leg after first quarter. Mack was severely limited and Shraeder tore a ligament in his ankle late frost quarter and was getting abused after that. Mathews was never the same after the Kansas City game injury to his ankle.

That said, interior pressure was causing Brady to play like @&$ most of the game until our defense could no longer collapse the pocket. The addition of another interior DT that can get penetration alongside Grady is going to make our defense go from good to really, really good IMO. If we get another edge rusher we could go from really, really good to absolutely dominating IMO.

I know it was difficult for all players play with bad wheels, except Julio, but is it to especially difficult for the OL.  Seems like Matt was pressured a lot more in that game that he has been all season. Who knows, healthy OL may been the difference. 

1 hour ago, PokerSteve said:

Agree. In the end, experience was the deciding factor. The Falcons prepared as best they could for what they thought the challenges would be against the Patriots, the Patriots prepared for what they knew the challenges would be, not just from the Falcons offense and defense, but to what would be required to have them perform better in the closing minutes of the game.

I think the Falcons were done in at least in part by the sheer ridiculous length of the SB half-time show. How long does that dam thing last anyway? Two gotdam hours? I thought to myself when the second half started, it feels like the game should be over, now just half-finished.

I can't even imagine how the Falcons players had any hope of maintaining focus and concentration ~ and their high energy level ~ when they hadn't faced anything like that kind of delay in the whole season. Next time they'll know to expect that, and they'll be ready and they'll adjust. Next time Quinn and his coaching staff will make sure the players have built up the stamina necessary to play championship football for all four quarters. Next time the Falcons players and coaches will have the experience to win that all-important last half of football.

Whole heartedly agree with this..like that half time show was ridiculous..it should not be that long I don't remember it ever being that long please correct me if I'm wrong.alot of our guys are first and second year players so **** no they didn't experience anything like that drop off having to wait that long.

But again I hope that we get to that level of preparation and TD is big on using the most advanced technology to help aid players which is one thing I really like about him.

But I'm very proud of the boys regardless of the outcome and played their hearts out.And reading on how the Patriots go about there business honestly made me feel better about the loss.we lost to a well oiled machine truth be told and we are slowly but surely getting there

PokerSteve likes this

1 hour ago, TexasFalcon4Life said:

I know it was difficult for all players play with bad wheels, except Julio, but is it to especially difficult for the OL.  Seems like Matt was pressured a lot more in that game that he has been all season. Who knows, healthy OL may been the difference. 

The Falcohic posted several gifs of plays that showed Shraeder, Mack and to a lesser degree Mathews getting shoved around and unable to hold at point of attAck in pass protection. This was rarely the case in regular season and two previous playoff games.  

I think it took us out of our game and clearly injuries were causing a lot of that IMO.

I also think this caused problems in our running game. Freeman was getting hit and having to adjust route at line way more than normal and I think this impacted playcalling.

Anoher point is like to make us Ryan played infinitely better under pressure than Brady when he was under pressure.  

On 3/18/2017 at 1:31 PM, Realist said:

I like Poe, but it's still tbd how effective he is at creating pressure. I think he averages less than 1 hurry/game.

He's here to be another Ted Washington... Eat eat EAT as many offensive linemen as you can.

4 hours ago, gazoo said:

You are the only one saying that.

Do you often start arguments with imaginary adversaries?

You started a thread suggesting we were getting ready for a rematch with the Patriots. You followed that up by going on a tangent about how you beat the patriots with interior pressure.

10 minutes ago, ShmevinShmarris said:

You started a thread suggesting we were getting ready for a rematch with the Patriots. You followed that up by going on a tangent about how you beat the patriots with interior pressure.

And then you started arguing with an imaginary person in respect to an imaginary point that someone claimed Poe wouldn't help us beat other teams. You don't get to Super Bowl without beating other teams first.

And please learn to use the word tangent in its proper context. There was a direct correlation between the two points.