Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FalconBlood

FALCONBLOOD'S MOCK OFFSEASON 3.0

23 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, FalconBlood said:

KEY: IMPACT PLAYER  FA Signing  Re-signing Draftee

Screen%20Shot%202017-03-17%20at%2010.08.

Screen%20Shot%202017-03-17%20at%2010.10.

Screen%20Shot%202017-03-17%20at%2010.08.

Screen%20Shot%202017-03-17%20at%2010.08.

Screen%20Shot%202017-03-17%20at%2010.09.

This is NOT A FINAL 53, but gives us a lot of good battles for training camp; inevitably some cut candidates and practice squad members above.

Wish I could give this mock 1 million likes...

I started a thread post SB asking if Nick Mangold could be our free agent pick up to strengthen our Right Guard spot... I got jumped on. Didn't seem like a great idea to many, but great centers are good guards. Period!!! 

FalconBlood likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, PutMeInCoach said:

Wish I could give this mock 1 million likes...

I started a thread post SB asking if Nick Mangold could be our free agent pick up to strengthen our Right Guard spot... I got jumped on. Didn't seem like a great idea to many, but great centers are good guards. Period!!! 

I sorta understand the logic, but I believe Mangold's best playing days are behind him. Falcons won't reach.

FalconBlood likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Fantastic mock. I had not thought about Mangold. To get him he would have to sign for close to the minimum but l (brace for this because it's not something Falcons fans have ever heard) maybe he would come here to play for a contender to end his great career.

i don't know how he was last year but PFF had him graded decently right above their grades for Alford and Jamie Collins based on their free agency tracker. The though of Mangold and Mack together is really nice. They surely know each other from the pro bowl.

Edited by Colin_Pernett
FalconBlood likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mangold had a great career.  I have to admit that when he was released I immediately though he would make a nice signing.  That is, until I realized that Mangold was drafted the same year as Chris Chester.  

While Mangold rose to a higher prominence than Chester.  The latter is much more familiar with our blocking scheme.  

Personally, I'd rather have Chester as a back up than Mangold.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mangold is old, and I believe I heard he was holding out to play center, he was not interested in moving to guard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like it alot only problem is you have getting a FB in FA and still drafting one I rather draft a LB or DT in that round 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like it except for Mangold. If we're moving on from Chester we should get younger at the position. Considering that's only one thing though I would still love it if this happened.

1989Fan likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love it, but I'll repeat what others said with Mangold. Not sure he is the right fit or that he wants to play RG. 

If he can play well and is willing to play RG though, definitely. 

FalconBlood likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/18/2017 at 0:01 AM, PutMeInCoach said:

Wish I could give this mock 1 million likes...

I started a thread post SB asking if Nick Mangold could be our free agent pick up to strengthen our Right Guard spot... I got jumped on. Didn't seem like a great idea to many, but great centers are good guards. Period!!! 

I am getting jumped on a bit. I still feel like he's a better RG than Chester, because Mangold has been the best, and Chester has never sniffed how good Mangold has been lately. Moving to RG should help the end of his career. And obviously it's based off of the rumor that teams were asking him to move to guard... Maybe one of those teams were us... Would make sense. "We are super close to a championship, arguably should've been defending champs already. We are hungry. Want to end your fantastic career with a possible hall of fame bid season on a Super Bowl contender? We know you're a competitor. Come give us the end of your career. You won't regret joining the brotherhood."

 

Mid-Nite-Toker likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

5 hours ago, MSalmon said:

how many OL did you add? 4? That's a lot.

Interesting draft, I like McKinley a lot.

3 FA and Draft, 1 UDFA. We lost our swing tackle, So I got a big upside 3rd rounder, Mangold is old, so I got arguably the most athletic guard in the draft in the 5th to learn from him. Improved our depth. Mangold is the old stop gap who has a great recent history. Now keep progressing Garland, Schweitzer, Garcia, Collins and I got the best OL to miss the draft for PS battles in Myers.

Edited by FalconBlood

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, FalconBlood said:

3 we lost our swing tackle, So I got a big upside 3rd rounder, Mangold is old, so I got arguably the most athletic guard in the draft in the 5th to learn from him. Improved our depth. Mangold is the old stop gap. Now keep progressing Garland, Schweitzer, Garcia, Collins and I got the best OL to miss the draft for PS battles in Myers.

I hear ya and it's not necessarily illogical--quite the opposite. But that's a lot of OL. You picked two in mock, right? I don't think I see us doing that. I definitely could be wrong, of course.

Good reply, though. Agree to disagree? :)

FalconBlood likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/18/2017 at 9:02 AM, Lornoth said:

I like it except for Mangold. If we're moving on from Chester we should get younger at the position. Considering that's only one thing though I would still love it if this happened.

I agree. Why not just sign a meh vet like Chester for depth? Assuming Wes is the guy..draft another OG in 4th for competition and to eventually replace levitre

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

To OP....love your thinking. Other than perhaps mangold who probably wants too much $$, I would be more than fine if your scenario plays out this way.

Edited by Vandy
FalconBlood likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On March 18, 2017 at 4:57 AM, Colin_Pernett said:

Fantastic mock. I had not thought about Mangold. To get him he would have to sign for close to the minimum but l (brace for this because it's not something Falcons fans have ever heard) maybe he would come here to play for a contender to end his great career.

i don't know how he was last year but PFF had him graded decently right above their grades for Alford and Jamie Collins based on their free agency tracker. The though of Mangold and Mack together is really nice. They surely know each other from the pro bowl.

I love that we'd have his G/C ability too. If he did make the switch to start at G for us. I certainly would anticipate a good deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On March 18, 2017 at 8:54 AM, turnerdburner said:

I like it alot only problem is you have getting a FB in FA and still drafting one I rather draft a LB or DT in that round 

Competition in training camp is good insurance for the position. Mooney almost earned a roster spot last year. Would push Stevenson to be better or onto PS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/18/2017 at 9:02 AM, Lornoth said:

I like it except for Mangold. If we're moving on from Chester we should get younger at the position. Considering that's only one thing though I would still love it if this happened.

I think we move on from Chester to simply Upgrade the position. Older or younger, put the best upgrade there. I think that could be Mangold. And I drafted a young super athletic G in the 5th to develop under him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0