Dirtybird3

Looking at 2017 opponents now..

85 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

28 minutes ago, ATLFalcons11 said:

Didnt the 71 Dolphins lose in the Super Bowl and then went undefeated in 72?

 

Yes. Dallas lost Super Bowl V and returned to win Super Bowl VI, with Miami losing Super Bowl VI and returning to win Super Bowl VII.

btw, I'll predict same as last season, 11-5. Beating division opponents will be crucial to repeating as NFCS winners. Need to go 5-1 again. 

Edited by Kaptain Krazy
ATLFalcons11 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Dirtybird3 said:

5 losses no effing way if we are healthy

NFL games are determined by 1-2 plays every week...we had our share of good ones and bad ones last year...

I think we actually overperformed in the playoffs....which has folks egos inflated right right now...

We have a tough schedule next year...and we have no idea what injuries may happen or how the draft palys out for all teams...

So at this point, yes, 11-5 seems very reasonable at this point...only 4 teams won 12 or more games last year...

With SEA, DAL, GB, NE, and DET on the schedule, ALL playoff teams last year, plus the 6 games we have in the division, which has CAR (SB team 2 seasons ago), and two teams in TB and NO that seem to always play us tough, and are improving.....

I think I have given a fair estimate...and Vegas will probably set it at 11 wins...

SamMills51 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Diesel_Bird said:

Do they have the dates out yet? Think the Dallas game will be Monday night?

They usually come out a few days before the draft I believe.

The Dallas game will likely be a SNF game possibly a Fox 4:25 game. They don't put many big games on Monday Night these days.

Diesel_Bird likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As always it is really going to depend when we play teams like NE in NE

Weather and injuries have a huge part of forcasting.

 

If we stay healthy I expect to still be in the 11-13 win mark

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, athell said:

Possible.  I went back and forth on that one but ultimately landed on L.  It would not surprise me in the least to beat them.

 

3 hours ago, etherdome said:

I hate playing Detroit away.  We seem to always play our worst against them, regardless of how bad they are. 

We beat them in 2011 and 2012 pretty good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Matt_The Iceman_Ryan said:

NFL games are determined by 1-2 plays every week...we had our share of good ones and bad ones last year...

I think we actually overperformed in the playoffs....which has folks egos inflated right right now...

We have a tough schedule next year...and we have no idea what injuries may happen or how the draft palys out for all teams...

So at this point, yes, 11-5 seems very reasonable at this point...only 4 teams won 12 or more games last year...

With SEA, DAL, GB, NE, and DET on the schedule, ALL playoff teams last year, plus the 6 games we have in the division, which has CAR (SB team 2 seasons ago), and two teams in TB and NO that seem to always play us tough, and are improving.....

I think I have given a fair estimate...and Vegas will probably set it at 11 wins...

If we would have blown it NE we would have been most dominant post season team in decades!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, athell said:

Possible.  I went back and forth on that one but ultimately landed on L.  It would not surprise me in the least to beat them.

We probably lose a division game. I actually think Saints are a Wild Card team this year. They are due for a good season

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Since1990 said:

That's a huge IF!

The injury bug rarely stays away from an NFL team 2 years in a row!

But we did have injuries.....Trufant Spoon Clayborn Campbell Neal Tamme

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Remember when almost everyone was predicting a mediocre season last year and we went to the Super Bowl. Let's not let our egos get to inflated here. I always take more of the let's wait and see approach. 

TheRisen999 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd be a little disappointed if we went 11-5 again this season.  I know a lot of factors play into that such as health and all, but I could realistically see a 13-3 season.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Since1990 said:

That's a huge IF!

The injury bug rarely stays away from an NFL team 2 years in a row!

Bug hit us last year tho...

Tru, Shelby, Clayborne in and out, Spoon, Kehmal was getting alot of PT before he got hurt.

****, even Julio was on one foot half the season

Keanu, Devondre, Sanu, Gabriel all missed games...

Offensive line and QB were the only positions unscathed... and even Jake had some issues with his leg/ ankle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Falcon918 said:

But we did have injuries.....Trufant Spoon Clayborn Campbell Neal Tamme

 

6 minutes ago, Five_Fifs said:

Bug hit us last year tho...

Tru, Shelby, Clayborne in and out, Spoon, Kehmal was getting alot of PT before he got hurt.

****, even Julio was on one foot half the season

Keanu, Devondre, Sanu, Gabriel all missed games...

Offensive line and QB were the only positions unscathed... and even Jake had some issues with his leg/ ankle

You guys are right! My bad.

Falcon918, TheRisen999 and 1989Fan like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

6 hours ago, FalconsSavant said:

6 playoff teams from last year? Anyone else have that tough of a schedule?

The NFC East plays the same schedule that we did last year - NFC West and AFC West. 

Edited by NashvilleFalcon01

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, athell said:

Possible.  I went back and forth on that one but ultimately landed on L.  It would not surprise me in the least to beat them.

I say we beat Dallas. They are going through a overhaul on defense after losing most of starters especially in the secondary (Carr and Claiborne starting corners, Church starting SS, Wilcox, Crawford, and McClain starting DT).

Their defense wasn't that good to begin with and will still be without Gregory and LB Rolando McClain for most of the season. Jaylon Smith injury is still questionable 

athell likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

7 hours ago, FalconsSavant said:

6 playoff teams from last year? Anyone else have that tough of a schedule?

I actually think the schedule is good. We get the AFC East. I know Patriots are good, but Bills, Jets and Dolphins? I see us going 3-1. Then we also get the NFC North. The Packers are also good, but Vikings dont have an O Line, i dont know what the Bears are good at and then the Lions - just never thought they were any good. 3-1/4-0 here.

At Seattle will be a loss, but I think we will beat the Cowboys at home. I am really looking forward to see Poe/Jarrett against Frederick/Martin - Bang.

The NFC South will be a great division this year. I think we will go 4-2. Losses at Carolina and Tampa.

12/4-11-5 - 1st Seed in the NFC

Edited by FalconOdense

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, etherdome said:

I hate playing Detroit away.  We seem to always play our worst against them, regardless of how bad they are. 

We won the last two times we played there as far as I remember.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FalconOdense said:

When will the exact schedule be announced? We will get a lot of primetime games.

Normally before the draft, so I would say a week or two before April 27th.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11-5 should be expected but depending on when we play those teams and our bye I could see 13-3.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

12-4 only loss at home to Minnesota, losses on rd to Tampa ( better ) , Seattle (13th  )  New England ( outside and the weather ) not sure why we lose to Minnesota just a feeling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Since1990 said:

That's a huge IF!

The injury bug rarely stays away from an NFL team 2 years in a row!

The injury bug hit us last year. It just didn't effect us much. 

Tru

Shelby

Clayborn

Tamme

Ish

Those were major contributors and we had more than that. 

1989Fan likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, TonyMartin80 said:

We probably lose a division game. I actually think Saints are a Wild Card team this year. They are due for a good season

People always think they are due for a good season because how they played 5+ years ago. They are on the decline, and just traded their best player not named drew Brees. 7-8 wins again, and they remain in NFL purgatory.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

The injury bug hit us last year. It just didn't effect us much. 

Tru

Shelby

Clayborn

Tamme

Ish

Those were major contributors and we had more than that. 

Yeah, we got hit pretty hard actually, we just were lucky to have depth where it hit us. Had Collins not balled out the Tru injury would have been much worse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now