FentayeJones

Jags Offered Poe More $

82 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

2 things(strictly only opinion) : the jags have a pretty solid young defense that will only get better. Poe would have been a great fit. 

Problem is they have a QB who chokes in every worst way possible. Not saying he's terrible but the jags aren't going anywhere with bortles at qb 

He played terrible last year. And i had him on my fantasy team smh

ya_boi_j likes this

4 minutes ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

Quinn is the Trump Card 

dang, I woulda probably took that, even lived in sucky Jacksonville too. get Jacob the Jeweler to make me a Super Bowl ring lol

Just now, raysnill1 said:

dang, I woulda probably took that, even lived in sucky Jacksonville too. get Jacob the Jeweler to make me a Super Bowl ring lol

That offer was from the colts!!!!

5 minutes ago, TonyMartin80 said:

He wants to play for contender.

Exactly, colts fans acting like they are a contender when they can't even escape the afc South 

TonyMartin80 likes this

There is nooo way the Colts really offered 5 60m. That's the type of contract that Poe is trying to get after this season. Had to be very low guaranteed money.

Kend789 likes this

49 minutes ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

^^ offer from the colts 

Quinn is the Trump Card 

**** he must have never wanted to go to indy

SkerFalcon8710 likes this

54 minutes ago, Karst41 said:

Yeah thats right,,and Im  telling ya thats still the case. Poe will make about the same or more more in Atlanta than Jax.

Also at the conclusion of the 2017 season Poe will have strong leverage on his next contract.

Incentives and additional pay for the post season. bump up the numbers.

Yea in the end his decision to play here is in his best interest.  Even if he were to hypothetically make a lot less here on a one year deal it's still more financially beneficial for him. Playing time, coaching and everything else he's going to be much better off this time next year. 

1 hour ago, g-dawg said:

this is what I got into an argument with a guy two days ago.  Pioli can make the intros but Poe was not gonna come to ATL based at all on Pioli - it was Quinn, the team and the money.  

It was definitely a part of him coming in town. Quinn was the X factor. Now he will have a new relationship with Quinn. I never said the previous relationship seals the deal but it at least opens the door for talks. For Steve Wyche to when say that he knows that the piloi relationship meant something in the equation. Quinn was the DECIDING factor. 

Just now, TheFatboi said:

It was definitely a part of him coming in town. Quinn was the X factor. Now he will have a new relationship with Quinn. I never said the previous relationship seals the deal but it at least opens the door for talks. For Steve Wyche to when say that he knows that the piloi relationship meant something in the equation. Quinn was the DECIDING factor. 

Quinn was THE FACTOR  + Money + Team success + Probably City/Stadium.

Pioli was the link to get Falcons interested in Poe - not the other way around.   Oh well, POE is here, let's quit arguing about it.

1 hour ago, ya_boi_j said:

2 things(strictly only opinion) : the jags have a pretty solid young defense that will only get better. Poe would have been a great fit. 

Problem is they have a QB who chokes in every worst way possible. Not saying he's terrible but the jags aren't going anywhere with bortles at qb 

And he showed so much promise.   What is it with Jax and quarterbacks?    

Garrard, Gabbert, Leftwich, half-Henne and Bortles.

After Brunell it just went downhill for them.

RoddyWhite84 and ya_boi_j like this

The key is that both teams were offering 1-year deals - in Jacksonville, he would be less likely to make the playoffs, get less national TV time, and probably end up in the same boat next year going around looking for a 1-year deal.

However, with Atlanta he could have a great playoff year and then next year might consider a multi-year deal somewhere that would certainly pay more in the long run.

I also would expect in Jacksonville that he would have been constantly double-teamed and never get to fully succeed as well as in Atlanta now where teams will not have that option as much.

1 hour ago, ya_boi_j said:

Jaguars have a lot of individual talent on defense but they must get better as a unit. I also disagree with your assessment of Blake Bortles. In 2015 he had 35 TD passes and 18 INT's. 18 INT's is a bit high but 35 TD passes is impressive. Matt Ryan's only topped that once in his career.

ya_boi_j likes this

1 minute ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Jaguars have a lot of individual talent on defense but they must get better as a unit. I also disagree with your assessment of Blake Bortles. In 2015 he had 35 TD passes and 18 INT's. 18 INT's is a bit high but 35 TD passes is impressive. Matt Ryan's only topped that once in his career.

It was all 4th quarter TDs when getting blown out. It wasn't impressive in any way.

Jerz and primetime like this

1 minute ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

It was all 4th quarter TDs when getting blown out. It wasn't impressive in any way.

Getting blown out because of their defense giving up a boat load of points just like they did in 2015. Defense must play better and take pressure off Bortles. Then I think you'll see the turnovers go down and the completion percentage go up.

21 minutes ago, jlrfalcon said:

The key is that both teams were offering 1-year deals - in Jacksonville, he would be less likely to make the playoffs, get less national TV time, and probably end up in the same boat next year going around looking for a 1-year deal.

However, with Atlanta he could have a great playoff year and then next year might consider a multi-year deal somewhere that would certainly pay more in the long run.

I also would expect in Jacksonville that he would have been constantly double-teamed and never get to fully succeed as well as in Atlanta now where teams will not have that option as much.

Jax prolly had just as much talent on the line as ATL.

primetime likes this

Just going to touch on the Bortles subject reall fast...he sucks. More like top 20 though, so he wont be the worst QB in the league. He has too much talent for that. He needs better command of hia passes and a couple of off seasons training with Qb coaches should help him pick his spots better.

1 hour ago, g-dawg said:

Quinn was THE FACTOR  + Money + Team success + Probably City/Stadium.

Pioli was the link to get Falcons interested in Poe - not the other way around.   Oh well, POE is here, let's quit arguing about it.

You're the one who brought it back up lol

Yo_Lover likes this

2 hours ago, Karst41 said:

Yeah thats right,,and Im  telling ya thats still the case. Poe will make about the same or more more in Atlanta than Jax.

Also at the conclusion of the 2017 season Poe will have strong leverage on his next contract.

Incentives and additional pay for the post season. bump up the numbers.

Nah, he can't

The lack of tax in Florida would've allowed him to keep more of his check.

He can't make more here, even if there's more incentives on his contract here, and I haven't seen any reports saying that there are.