TonyMartin80

Who is the worst/or most disappointing Falcons player we have had since 1993?

174 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, k-train said:

I don't even know where to begin with this...

Vick's disappointment in ATL had nothing to do with being injury prone. Other than getting his leg broken, which can happen to anyone playing a contact sport, he wasn't really getting hurt a bunch while he was here. That began to happen later with the Eagles, once he was older & a little slower. They kept trying to use him as if he was still 24 years old & able to outrun everyone, but he had lost that edge at 30 years old. That led to him not being able to outrun all those younger, faster, stronger, LBs, Safeties, etc. Dude started to take a beating for sure, but not until he was gone from ATL.

The reason he was this franchise's biggest letdown should be pretty freakin' obvious. He was a disappointment here because he was constantly dealing with some off the field BS... from the Ron Mexico crap, to the weed/water bottle stuff, to the dog fighting/gambling charges... and that crap ultimately led to him going to prison. Compounded with the fact that, by his own admission later on, he didn't pay attention or bother to study/know the playbook while he was here, it's even more obvious how much of a letdown he was. Most of these other people mentioned in the thread were just not good in the first place, so that can only be disappointing to a certain level. Vick's level of disappointment goes beyond that, because had he actually tried or just not made so many awful choices away from the field, there's not telling what could've been accomplished here. Instead, the whole thing came crashing down & we had a few terrible years before a total rebuild. A total overhaul never happened because of a single bad draft pick or free agent signing. It did happen because of Vick.

As for Ryan giving us a better chance to win a SB, again that's a no brainer. Vick f'd it all up & thus has ZERO chance. As long as Ryan is still playing here, there is a chance... which is obviously better than no chance at all. Couple that with the fact that this is a much better team than Vick ever had & that Matt Ryan already has gotten us to 2 NFCCGs & a SB, it's not even a question of comparison.

I think you missed the point. He wasn't saying that Vick didn't have character issues. He was saying even IF Vick walked the straight and narrow, he was injury prone, thus couldn't stay healthy enough to give us a solid chance at a Super Bowl in the way Ryan does.

Godzilla1985 likes this

5 hours ago, newgafatboy said:

dude where is Andre Bruce on this list?

OP asked for examples from after 1993.

1 hour ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

I think you missed the point. He wasn't saying that Vick didn't have character issues. He was saying even IF Vick walked the straight and narrow, he was injury prone, thus couldn't stay healthy enough to give us a solid chance at a Super Bowl in the way Ryan does.

No, I got where he was coming from, but just think it's not accurate. Like I said, Vick wasn't prone to injury when he was here. That came several years later once he was in his 30's. He also got the team to a NFCCG despite not really placing much effort or energy into being a QB or leader. Thus, had he not made terrible decisions off the field & actually focused on his job like Ryan has, he very well might have been able to get us a SB win.

9 minutes ago, k-train said:

OP asked for examples from after 1993.

crap,  my age is showing

16 hours ago, Kahne said:

Also doing underwear modeling doesn't help the pass rush XD or atleast to my knowledge.

I personally think showing the league you got little balls by modeling underwear kinda kills the 'fear factor'

:ninja:

22 hours ago, Grrrillapmpn Inc.® said:

"I hate y'all"

Ray Edwards and Andre Bruce always come to mind, but when you  posted that quote, it instantly reminds everybody that this was in fact the worst ever in the history of the team and will always be,,and it aint even close nor will it ever be.

Second place goes to Bobby Petrino.

papachaz likes this

On 3/16/2017 at 6:52 PM, papachaz said:

I almost wanna go start a thread 'who's the worst poster since Nov 2016'......

Please don't I don't wanna be burned at the TATF stake on St Patrick's day lol

Just now, East_Coast_Falcon said:

Please don't I don't wanna be burned at the TATF stake on St Patrick's day lol

oh that wasn't aimed at you at all.....a quick check of OP's join date might be a good indicator  :ninja::troll: