TonyMartin80

Who is the worst/or most disappointing Falcons player we have had since 1993?

176 posts in this topic

Gotta say Jamaal Anderson. Guy was so **** disappointing as the 8th overall pick. Add to the fact we passed on Revis and Willis was also a reason I picked Anderson. 

Last ten years?

King Konz, Sackmaker, Jelly and Busterson.

We passed on Clay Matthews, Patrick Willis, Marshawyn Lynch, Darelle Revis, Chris Johnson, Lavonte David, Duane Brown, Vontae Davis and Keleche Osemele to take them. Criminal.

Konz - I can't say him, he was bad, but he did play decent at guard one year for us, then sucked. Definitely a bust though.

Jamaal Anderson- huge bust. He is definitely up there, but not the worst to me. 

Osi- No way! Not even in the conversation. Osi played as good as he could on a terrible line. We knew he was up in age when we got him and he was all we had. TD should have kept Abe too. Then we may have had something. Osi in his best day , wasnt Abraham.  He was just a good piece.

Hartwell- bad one for sure. Don't think he was terrible, he just stayed hurt.

Stephen Jackson- No way. I knew he was done before we got him. Our line was awful. He was no better than turner at that point, we just made a lateral move. Can't blame him. I knew he was toast.

Peerless Price- He didn't work out ,but I refuse to blame any WR in the Vick era. They all had problems being productive with him. He was just a terrible QB. 

Vick - Huge disappointment. Destroyed our franchise. Terrible QB. Outstanding athlete though. He did make some awesome plays for us and his stupidity helped us land the best QB we ever had.

There is a pile more. Hard choice with so many...

Mine is Ray Edwards though. He was worthless. In every aspect of the game. Jamaal was a better DE than him. That dude was just worthless.  Never got anything out of him.

Slappywhite likes this

4 hours ago, raysnill1 said:

can't fix pass rush when coaches use you as a run stopper, then cut you when you want to rush the passer.

Also doing underwear modeling doesn't help the pass rush XD or atleast to my knowledge.

I'll throw in Peter Konz to be different. He was supposed to lock down center for a decade.

12 hours ago, TonyMartin80 said:

I became a Fan in 93. I am not familiar with Falcons b4 then.

You know, they make these things called 'books'. They contain all sorts of interesting stuff.  Some even have the complete history of the Falcons

12 hours ago, k-train said:

ackluster early round draft selections:
Devin Bush
Michael Booker
Ronald Davis
Nathan Davis
Reggie Kelly
TJ Duckett
Jimmy Williams
Jamaal Anderson
Chris Houston
Sam Baker
Peria Jerry
Sean Weatherspoon
Peter Konz

dude where is Andre Bruce on this list?

14 minutes ago, Ghosts of Glanville said:

You know, they make these things called 'books'. They contain all sorts of interesting stuff.  Some even have the complete history of the Falcons

Serious question...do they tho?  Can't even remember the last time I saw a book store...sad. 

11 hours ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

Ray Edwards

Ed Hartwell

Peerless Price

Jamaal Anderson

Ray Edwards is 12-1-1 in boxing now...at least he's decent at something.

Sidecar Falcon likes this

Posted (edited)

Hard to pick one. Price, Hartwell, Edwards and Jamaal Anderson are likely the top 4 though

Edited by JD dirtybird21

Tyrone Williams. Our big free agent signing for the 2003 season. Remember how bad he played? I've never seen a corner play as bad as he did once he got here. 

Posted (edited)

17 hours ago, Grrrillapmpn Inc.® said:

"I hate y'all"

I have to go with Peerless Price.  Mostly because there was just so much hype about what we could do if Vick had a truly explosive receiver.  Instead, we basically added Aldrick Robinson.  Peerless was never a true number 1 receiver and we needed one so badly.  Peerless wasn't that fast, wasn't big, couldn't get open, and dropped balls.  He wasn't even a better receiving option than Alge Crumpler.

Edited by DogIsYourName