TonyMartin80

Who is the worst/or most disappointing Falcons player we have had since 1993?

154 posts in this topic

I say Todd Kinchen was a big disappointment. He fumbled the ball a lot when he was a great returner for The Rams. Also Erric Pegram and Jamaal Anderson The Defense player was a bust. Pierce Holt is another name that comes to mind.

But overall I say Todd Kinchen (Mr. Fumbles) was The player I was most disappointed in. I expected a lot more out of him than what we got.

21 minutes ago, athell said:

Also lol Todd Kinchen is a weird *** choice...considering the source though maybe not?  :huh:

He fumbled like crazy. He ended up getting benched after being a huge threat for the Rams. 

3 minutes ago, wuskillzz said:

Ed Hurtwell

That one hurt but I got to Osi

Like someone already mentioned, Vick kinda has to be at the top of the list, since he actually led to a lot of success before he singlehandedly led to a lot of disappointment. Much higher expectations based on position & previous success from him. Thus, the disappointment was greater.

Beyond that:
Eugene Robinson -  for obvious reasons
The Smiths - Let Deion Sanders leave in '94

Lackluster early round draft selections:
Devin Bush
Michael Booker
Ronald Davis
Nathan Davis
Reggie Kelly
TJ Duckett
Jimmy Williams
Jamaal Anderson
Chris Houston
Sam Baker
Peria Jerry
Sean Weatherspoon
Peter Konz

Bad FA signings/trades:
Peerless Price
Ed Hartwell
Ray Edwards
Dunta Robinson
Steven Jackson
Lofa Tatupu

Ray Edwards was the one that came to mind. He was supposed to fix the pass rush and he did anything but that

9 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

Ray Edwards was the one that came to mind. He was supposed to fix the pass rush and he did anything but that

can't fix pass rush when coaches use you as a run stopper, then cut you when you want to rush the passer.

CaliFalcons likes this

1 minute ago, raysnill1 said:

can't fix pass rush when coaches use you as a run stopper, then cut you when you want to rush the passer.

Fair point. The coaching staff definitely did not help him. 

26 minutes ago, k-train said:

Like someone already mentioned, Vick kinda has to be at the top of the list, since he actually led to a lot of success before he singlehandedly led to a lot of disappointment. Much higher expectations based on position & previous success from him. Thus, the disappointment was greater.

Beyond that:
Eugene Robinson -  for obvious reasons
The Smiths - Let Deion Sanders leave in '94

Lackluster early round draft selections:
Devin Bush
Michael Booker
Ronald Davis
Nathan Davis
Reggie Kelly
TJ Duckett
Jimmy Williams
Jamaal Anderson
Chris Houston
Sam Baker
Peria Jerry
Sean Weatherspoon
Peter Konz

Bad FA signings/trades:
Peerless Price
Ed Hartwell
Ray Edwards
Dunta Robinson
Steven Jackson
Lofa Tatupu

Vick was injury prone because of his style. I think MR2 gives us a better chance to win a SB.

26 minutes ago, TonyMartin80 said:

Vick was injury prone because of his style. I think MR2 gives us a better chance to win a SB.

I don't even know where to begin with this...

Vick's disappointment in ATL had nothing to do with being injury prone. Other than getting his leg broken, which can happen to anyone playing a contact sport, he wasn't really getting hurt a bunch while he was here. That began to happen later with the Eagles, once he was older & a little slower. They kept trying to use him as if he was still 24 years old & able to outrun everyone, but he had lost that edge at 30 years old. That led to him not being able to outrun all those younger, faster, stronger, LBs, Safeties, etc. Dude started to take a beating for sure, but not until he was gone from ATL.

The reason he was this franchise's biggest letdown should be pretty freakin' obvious. He was a disappointment here because he was constantly dealing with some off the field BS... from the Ron Mexico crap, to the weed/water bottle stuff, to the dog fighting/gambling charges... and that crap ultimately led to him going to prison. Compounded with the fact that, by his own admission later on, he didn't pay attention or bother to study/know the playbook while he was here, it's even more obvious how much of a letdown he was. Most of these other people mentioned in the thread were just not good in the first place, so that can only be disappointing to a certain level. Vick's level of disappointment goes beyond that, because had he actually tried or just not made so many awful choices away from the field, there's not telling what could've been accomplished here. Instead, the whole thing came crashing down & we had a few terrible years before a total rebuild. A total overhaul never happened because of a single bad draft pick or free agent signing. It did happen because of Vick.

As for Ryan giving us a better chance to win a SB, again that's a no brainer. Vick f'd it all up & thus has ZERO chance. As long as Ryan is still playing here, there is a chance... which is obviously better than no chance at all. Couple that with the fact that this is a much better team than Vick ever had & that Matt Ryan already has gotten us to 2 NFCCGs & a SB, it's not even a question of comparison.

2 minutes ago, AndySG said:

S-Jax but that's partially because we were so **** close when we got him. He epitomized everything wrong with those years. 

I've been one of the few here who has been ok with most of what TD has done the entire time he's been here (or I've at least understood why he did some things even if I didn't fully agree with them)... but that SJax signing, along with bringing back Baker are the two that really made no sense to me.

AndySG likes this

13 minutes ago, k-train said:

I don't even know where to begin with this...

Vick's disappointment in ATL had nothing to do with being injury prone. Other than getting his leg broken, which can happen to anyone playing a contact sport, he wasn't really getting hurt a bunch while he was here. That began to happen later with the Eagles, once he was older & a little slower. They kept trying to use him as if he was still 24 years old & able to outrun everyone, but he had lost that edge at 30 years old. That led to him not being able to outrun all those younger, faster, stronger, LBs, Safeties, etc. Dude started to take a beating for sure, but not until he was gone from ATL.

The reason he was this franchise's biggest letdown should be pretty freakin' obvious. He was a disappointment here because he was constantly dealing with some off the field BS... from the Ron Mexico crap, to the weed/water bottle stuff, to the dog fighting/gambling charges... and that crap ultimately led to him going to prison. Compounded with the fact that, by his own admission later on, he didn't pay attention or bother to study/know the playbook while he was here, it's even more obvious how much of a letdown he was. Most of these other people mentioned in the thread were just not good in the first place, so that can only be disappointing to a certain level. Vick's level of disappointment goes beyond that, because had he actually tried or just not made so many awful choices away from the field, there's not telling what could've been accomplished here. Instead, the whole thing came crashing down & we had a few terrible years before a total rebuild. A total overhaul never happened because of a single bad draft pick or free agent signing. It did happen because of Vick.

As for Ryan giving us a better chance to win a SB, again that's a no brainer. Vick f'd it all up & thus has ZERO chance. As long as Ryan is still playing here, there is a chance... which is obviously better than no chance at all. Couple that with the fact that this is a much better team than Vick ever had & that Matt Ryan already has gotten us to 2 NFCCGs & a SB, it's not even a question of comparison.

The point is Matt Ryan is less likely to get injured than Vick. Knock on wood!

When Vick was flipping off those fans I wonder if they were Saints fans or disappointed Falcons fans booing. If anybody knows or was at that game please let me know.