g-dawg

FALCONS Nickel Rushers - read it and weep Breejesus, Scam, CrabbyJ

35 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Tandy said:

Think Watt will fall to us or we go up after him?

I would be shocked but happy if he's there at 31

Tandy likes this

4 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

How much of the TJ Watt love is due to his brother? (In general, not pointing a finger)

I would say a lot of the attention/looks he gets are from his brother. However, people who know football find a quality player when the do look. He looks like he's learned a lot from his brother and may even do some things better. 

EZfalcons and 1989Fan like this

8 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

How much of the TJ Watt love is due to his brother? (In general, not pointing a finger)

If his last name wasn't Watt, he wouldn't be getting the attention he's getting right now.

But he is a good player, and I'm not taking that away from him. I'd just rather have Lawson or Harris.

Watt has the potential to put up double digit sacks and is comparable to clay Matthews. Would hate to pass on another player like Matthews like we did with Jerry 

FalconBlood and papachaz like this

53 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

TJ Watt has elite athletic traits that correlate really well with successful NFL pass rushers. I'd say his hype has nothing to do with his brother

A-TowN.- and youngbloodz like this

14 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

091216-falcons-photos-cc49beasley.jpg

falcons-dt-grady-jarrett-hopes-to-win-ring-that-eluded-his-dad-jessie-tuggle.jpg

gettyimages-180648344.jpg?quality=70&strip=all&ssl=1

Watt_TJ.jpg

I know we just paid the guy 8 million, but I'm not convinced Poe will be in our nascar package. We'll probably rotate, but if we're in 3 and 10, I'd much rather Beasley, Jarrett, Clayborn, ? (Watt)

FalconBlood, Tandy and IamFRESCO1 like this

14 minutes ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

If his last name wasn't Watt, he wouldn't be getting the attention he's getting right now.

But he is a good player, and I'm not taking that away from him. I'd just rather have Lawson or Harris.

Dont think Harris will still be around at 31 and have seen Lawson drop to 2 and 3rd round in some mocks.

37 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

over haf

If they see a player in the 15-25 slots, the Falcons have the luxury to move up. They don't have much holes. You would rather get a starting Edge Rusher that could help the team. Get a QG in the 2nd round, and you are set. 

51 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

091216-falcons-photos-cc49beasley.jpg

falcons-dt-grady-jarrett-hopes-to-win-ring-that-eluded-his-dad-jessie-tuggle.jpg

gettyimages-180648344.jpg?quality=70&strip=all&ssl=1

Watt_TJ.jpg

To be fair; if we went OLmen: Cam Thomas, Forrest Lamp, or Feeney, I still say an odd yeared and healthy Clayborn off the edge will look much better with Poe. Could be a Jordan Willis or Charles Harris or something with next pick maybe.

22 minutes ago, xSICKxWITHxITx said:

People are sleeping on Shelby. Don't forget about Clayborn, Reed and Crawford. 

If that's the second wave, that's pretty good.

1 hour ago, 1989Fan said:

Truthfully.... Some of it ... I mean he will get extra pub because the name but dude is a good football player... to me he is a late 1st - 2nd round pick and i see why ppl compare him to clay athletically .... I think his name can have him picked earlier tho

1989Fan likes this

18 minutes ago, atljbo said:

Truthfully.... Some of it ... I mean he will get extra pub because the name but dude is a good football player... to me he is a late 1st - 2nd round pick and i see why ppl compare him to clay athletically .... I think his name can have him picked earlier tho

agreed.  Of course SOME of the love factors in his brother - and it should to an extent.  Both genetically, athletically and mentally that matters - how much? highly debateable I concede - but it matters.   Ask @ Kayoh what he thinks - he loves him and he has all the combine athletic factors you look for w/ explosion.  TJ Watt is also an ascending player - very similiar to JJ Watt when he hit the draft, if you recall.

All day long, TJ Watt is a top 40-50 player in this draft.   So, for me, I might be bumping him up 10 spots in my mind.   I just think TJ is a late riser that - had he played another season - would probably be a top 15-20 first round pick.

43 minutes ago, FalconBlood said:

To be fair; if we went OLmen: Cam Thomas, Forrest Lamp, or Feeney, I still say an odd yeared and healthy Clayborn off the edge will look much better with Poe. Could be a Jordan Willis or Charles Harris or something with next pick maybe.

I am not "making a plan" that involved Clayborn - he is just unreliable when it comes to injuries in his career.  Clay, when he produces - is a BONUS.......Clay is a 3-5 sack/yr kinda guy anyway.

FalconBlood likes this

1 hour ago, Smiler11 said:

I know we just paid the guy 8 million, but I'm not convinced Poe will be in our nascar package. We'll probably rotate, but if we're in 3 and 10, I'd much rather Beasley, Jarrett, Clayborn, ? (Watt)

Poe will be watched carefully.  He will be on a snap count.  Quinn will make sure he will be there to play in the 4th quarter.  

1 hour ago, xSICKxWITHxITx said:

People are sleeping on Shelby. Don't forget about Clayborn, Reed and Crawford. 

Shelby slept on Shelby those first 3-4 games before he got hurt.

3 hours ago, g-dawg said:

agreed.  Of course SOME of the love factors in his brother - and it should to an extent.  Both genetically, athletically and mentally that matters - how much? highly debateable I concede - but it matters.   Ask @ Kayoh what he thinks - he loves him and he has all the combine athletic factors you look for w/ explosion.  TJ Watt is also an ascending player - very similiar to JJ Watt when he hit the draft, if you recall.

All day long, TJ Watt is a top 40-50 player in this draft.   So, for me, I might be bumping him up 10 spots in my mind.   I just think TJ is a late riser that - had he played another season - would probably be a top 15-20 first round pick.

Like the idea of grabbing TJ at 31 and some insanely athletic guy, like Kpass, at 63. Falcons are going to be a really good team next year.

g-dawg and DogIsYourName like this

8 hours ago, 1989Fan said:

did family matter with Trufant??....absolutely!! the player becomes more of a known commodity and much less bust potential.