D.B.N.

We are loaded

80 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, D.B.N. said:

We are loaded and are continuing to load up. Our offense is stacked with all  major contributors returning - Ryan, Julio, Free, Coleman, Sanu, Turbo, Mack, Hoop and so on. On defense we have - Beasley, DeBo, Keanu, Jarrett, Collins, Poole, Alford, not to mention Trufant coming back from injury, Upshaw being providing versatility to our DL rotation, Hageman, now add Poe into the mix, I am pumped for our defense in year 3 under DQ and this is BEFORE the draft!!! Quinn/TD/Pioli have really knocked the past 2 drafts out of the park - grand slams - and I do not see a reason why this success won't continue. Quinn has a vision and it really is taking form. He has also changed the culture in Atlanta. This might be the most talented we have EVER been. I can't wait to see who we draft this year! 

don't forget, we've gotten better on the coaching staff too with some very key positions getting better coaches and a Quinn disciple calling the defense now.

JDaveG, slimjim, capitan and 6 others like this

Just now, Realist said:

Superbowl bound.

People predicting us to be a "flash in the pan" are in for a rude awakening. We have so much talented youth at key positions our window is wide open for the foreseeable future. Just wait til the draft plays out. We will be absolutely stacked. 

1 minute ago, raysnill1 said:

don't forget, we've gotten better on the coaching staff too with some very key positions getting better coaches and a Quinn disciple calling the defense now.

The Manuel promotion from within was genius. Quinn had been prepping Manuel for this role for a while now. 

capitan, Falcster and JDaveG like this

1 minute ago, D.B.N. said:

People predicting us to be a "flash in the pan" are in for a rude awakening. We have so much talented youth at key positions our window is wide open for the foreseeable future. Just wait til the draft plays out. We will be absolutely stacked. 

I just think we're clearly the best team in the NFC. Packers lost a lot of players, Giants look decent, but have their flaws. Seattle still has a garbage o-line and their defense is digressing. Honestly I think someone within our own division will be our biggest threat to making it to the superbowl again.

Jerz, Kung-Pow, jas82487 and 5 others like this

Deep down I feel the same and I have so much confidence in the team. I would just rather stay humble and wait until how the team comes together after the draft. Also because my roommates are a Panthers fan and the other is a bandwagoner Brady Pats fan. I'm one of the fans who really hopes week 1 is vs the Pats with a W lol

NFC South isn't far behind.

Panthers already got the scariest defense in the division, and once they retool the offense with another RB and TE? They may be in a tight race agains the Falcons in terms of offensive power. If your hopes are that Julius Peppers doesn't impact much, just understand we were #2 in sacks last year with CJ and Addison as our leading sacking DEs - who both missed games/weren't utilized/injured throughout the year.

Tampa has some key weapons on offense as well, and they got a decent defense to boot. Jameis is learning, and one of these days Tampa will be breaking out. Not to mention their acquisition of DeSean Jackson giving them a major deep threat.

Taints are always around the corner, and they made some solid offseason moves too. Their defense isn't as much of a pushover anymore, and they may soon acquire Malcolm Butler. That right there brings some stability to the Taints, and of course long neck Brees is still around.

NFC South isn't as weak as it used to be anymore.

2 minutes ago, SamMills51 said:

Panthers already got the scariest defense in the division, and once they retool the offense with another RB and TE? They may be in a tight race agains the Falcons in terms of offensive power. If your hopes are that Julius Peppers doesn't impact much, just understand we were #2 in sacks last year with CJ and Addison as our leading sacking DEs - who both missed games/weren't utilized/injured throughout the year.

Tampa has some key weapons on offense as well, and they got a decent defense to boot. Jameis is learning, and one of these days Tampa will be breaking out. Not to mention their acquisition of DeSean Jackson giving them a major deep threat.

Taints are always around the corner, and they made some solid offseason moves too. Their defense isn't as much of a pushover anymore, and they may soon acquire Malcolm Butler. That right there brings some stability to the Taints, and of course long neck Brees is still around.

Isnt that "scariest defense in the division" the one that Matt threw for over 500 yards against and Julio had 300 against? 

3 minutes ago, SamMills51 said:

Panthers will be dangerous. Fournette will make that offense scary. If Jamal Adams or Hooker fall that could be a good pick too. What other positions do you think Carolina looks at in the draft?

Posted (edited)

5 minutes ago, SamMills51 said:

Hate to break it to you but the Panthers do not have the scariest defense in the division. Even my roommate dares not make a claim like that after how the Falcons whipped up on them in both games. I agree that the NFC South has collectively gotten better but please do not make claims like that in my comfort place after the SB. Thank you.

Edited by Crazy Trav

Just now, Clark said:

Isnt that "scariest defense in the division" the one that Matt threw for over 500 yards against and Julio had 300 against? 

The same one that shut out Julio Jones to 1/3 catches for 5 yards by a rookie corner on 1v1 matchups? Yep.

Benewikerie isn't on the team anymore, so don't play Julio on those days anymore in Fantasy. Bradberry's our corner, and he's already a top 25 corner and better than Jalen Ramsey according to PFF.

Worley isn't far behind either. Graded out a 78 I believe by PFF by the end of the season. We have solid starting corners, especially with Captain back.

Our front seven improved already, and if we stay healthy, we're easily the best in the division.

1 minute ago, SamMills51 said:

The same one that shut out Julio Jones to 1/3 catches for 5 yards by a rookie corner on 1v1 matchups? Yep.

Benewikerie isn't on the team anymore, so don't play Julio on those days anymore in Fantasy. Bradberry's our corner, and he's already a top 25 corner and better than Jalen Ramsey according to PFF.

Worley isn't far behind either. Graded out a 78 I believe by PFF by the end of the season. We have solid starting corners, especially with Captain back.

Our front seven improved already, and if we stay healthy, we're easily the best in the division.

Your D aint shyt, your O aint shyt, Cam sucks and yet you continue your homerisms to the fullest.  That's cool man. 

Posted (edited)

IMHO, I'm more worried about the teams within the division than anything else coming from the other teams in the NFC. Not only because of familiarity but I'll put the Aints, Panthers, and Bucs up against any of the other three top teams in the conference. You're telling me that the Bucs couldn't stay with Seattle, New Orleans couldn't score with Green Bay, or that Carolina wouldn't have a chance against Dallas?

I'll agree with Sam, here. This is no doubt the toughest division in the conference, if not the NFL. Whoever comes out of the South might have a ticket punched for Minneapolis come February... 

Edited by ratesforless
Realist and citsalp like this

11 minutes ago, Crazy Trav said:

Hate to break it to you but the Panthers do not have the scariest defense in the division. Even my roommate dares not make a claim like that after how the Falcons whipped up on them in both games. I agree that the NFC South has collectively gotten better but please do not make claims like that in my comfort place after the SB. Thank you.

48 & 33 points on that scary defense. one with Julio basically being a decoy after missing 2 games with a toe injury.

Xero, papachaz, Slappywhite and 3 others like this

Just now, raysnill1 said:

48 & 33 points on that scary defense. one with Julio basically being a decoy after missing 2 games with a toe injury.

One game involved our number 1 corner being a lazy guy coming off a leg injury. The other attacked AJ Klein while Luke was gone.

Next go around, we'll likely be fully healthy for a fair match. We'll see how it goes next time when you can't run all over our LBers or throw to our healthy secondary like you used to.

1 minute ago, SamMills51 said:

One game involved our number 1 corner being a lazy guy coming off a leg injury. The other attacked AJ Klein while Luke was gone.

Next go around, we'll likely be fully healthy for a fair match. We'll see how it goes next time when you can't run all over our LBers or throw to our healthy secondary like you used to.

You sound pretty confident..... I smell the first wager of the 2017 season.  What do you say buddy? 

SamMills51 likes this

Just now, Clark said:

You sound pretty confident..... I smell the first wager of the 2017 season.  What do you say buddy? 

Remind me to quote this thread when I say the Falcons won't even sniff anything above 21 points aganst us the first go around with a healthy roster.

I'm willing to bet that.

FalconBlood and IamFRESCO1 like this

3 minutes ago, SamMills51 said:

Remind me to quote this thread when I say the Falcons won't even sniff anything above 21 points aganst us the first go around with a healthy roster.

I'm willing to bet that.

Deal.  Whats the amount we are betting?

FalconBlood likes this

Just now, ChickenBiscuit said:

Make him drink his own piss ! :lol:

Now why would I give him an opportunity to do something he does on the reg already?