shanep

regarding the poe signing......rest of NFL south saying "oh sh#$!!!!"

172 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, SamMills51 said:

Falcons blew a 25 point lead in the Superbowl. 

And Panties only scored 10 points in the Super Bowl the previous year.

1 minute ago, gazoo said:

And Panties only scored 10 points in the Super Bowl the previous year.

yeah he avoids that comment. I said the same thing. Plus added wasn't that the year their "Wing T Formation" offense was a juggernaut?

He's a tad bit of a troll. But maybe he'll grow up to be like Johnny Buc :)

gazoo, falconsd56 and SirrDooley like this

Lol. No one's scared of Poe.

He's a good signing and will improve your defense, but he's not scary good anymore. Servicable and will help the rest of your defense if he comes back and demands double teams.

Don't act like you just signed Kawann Short or Aaron Donald here now. 

Short is a good player sure,  but he is in no way shape or form deserving of being put side by side with Aaron Donald.  Donald and JJ Watt..... then comes everybody else.  Heck I'd take a few others ahead of Short too.  

Of course Tampa,  New Orleans and Carolina don't like this at all.  Even without Poe they were certainly playing scared last year.  It just got a lot more difficult for nfc south o lineman to get a hat on our linebackers. Call it what you want,  they've got their hands full.  They still haven't even caught up to the pre Poe Falcons. 

1 minute ago, Atlfanstckndenver said:

Short is a good player sure,  but he is in no way shape or form deserving of being put side by side with Aaron Donald.  Donald and JJ Watt..... then comes everybody else.  Heck I'd take a few others ahead of Short too.  

Of course Tampa,  New Orleans and Carolina don't like this at all.  Even without Poe they were certainly playing scared last year.  It just got a lot more difficult for nfc south o lineman to get a hat on our linebackers. Call it what you want,  they've got their hands full.  They still haven't even caught up to the pre Poe Falcons. 

if I could like this post, I would :)

Thing is, we got one of the best interiors in the league. More worried about what DE you'll get in the draft than Poe at this point.

Signing Poe allows Falcons to completely focus on DE. 

Atlfanstckndenver likes this

10 minutes ago, Atlfanstckndenver said:

Spot on, my hippie friend. 

I was out your way last week. 

Atlfanstckndenver likes this

1 hour ago, Jpowers said:

Dude......you seem like a good guy but come on.

6611168.gif

Off his meds for sure. 

8 hours ago, Vandy said:

Off his meds for sure. 

just a nicer troll. While we're discussing DL--how about Grady? I like his chances of exploding a bit more with Poe on staff. He's got the skills. Short and Grady had almost exactly the same statistical output in their first 2 years. In his 3rd year Short exploded with those 11 sacks and he still got 6 sacks in his "down year" last year. I think the difference in both guys is having that big guy 2 gapping for them. With Hage and Poe we got some beef and Grady can penetrate. I love that kid

Vandy, Falconsfan567 and PokerSteve like this

2 hours ago, MSalmon said:

just a nicer troll. While we're discussing DL--how about Grady? I like his chances of exploding a bit more with Poe on staff. He's got the skills. Short and Grady had almost exactly the same statistical output in their first 2 years. In his 3rd year Short exploded with those 11 sacks and he still got 6 sacks in his "down year" last year. I think the difference in both guys is having that big guy 2 gapping for them. With Hage and Poe we got some beef and Grady can penetrate. I love that kid

Good comparison Grady and short. Super bowl was his breakout game I think, the game where in front of everyone he gets the confidence of a star. 

Interestingly, hage had a year of highs and lows, but finished well. If he ever reaches his full potential, our DL will be lethal....that's what Poe brings, an opportunity for these three DTs to strike fear in opposing offenses....

now just gotta get my edge rusher and your free safety and our defense is complete 

12 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Good comparison Grady and short. Super bowl was his breakout game I think, the game where in front of everyone he gets the confidence of a star. 

Interestingly, hage had a year of highs and lows, but finished well. If he ever reaches his full potential, our DL will be lethal....that's what Poe brings, an opportunity for these three DTs to strike fear in opposing offenses....

now just gotta get my edge rusher and your free safety and our defense is complete 

Amen! That's a heckuva re-load

Falconsfan567 and Vandy like this

Amen! That's a heckuva re-load

Definetely excited about Poe signing. Wish we could find a cheap FA solution at OG. I fear we'll expend too much draft capital with 1st round pick on that position (lamp?) and settle for an edge in round 2 (Tim Williams maybe if still there, or Jordan Willis).

i know you want obi, I was hoping for McKinley or Reddick or Williams. 

9 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Definetely excited about Poe signing. Wish we could find a cheap FA solution at OG. I fear we'll expend too much draft capital with 1st round pick on that position (lamp?) and settle for an edge in round 2 (Tim Williams maybe if still there, or Jordan Willis).

Yeah, I'm hoping that Schweitzer is ready and they draft defense first two picks, then BPA from there on out.  Watt and Kpass would be amazing to me. Then grab a guard in 4th or 5th round to take Levitre's place next year.

PokerSteve and Vandy like this

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, falconidae said:

Yeah, I'm hoping that Schweitzer is ready and they draft defense first two picks, then BPA from there on out.  Watt and Kpass would be amazing to me. Then grab a guard in 4th or 5th round to take Levitre's place next year.

We're on the same page, bro. 

Edited by Vandy

1 minute ago, Vandy said:

We're on the same one, bro. 

Doesn't have t be Watt and Kpass, they're just  two of my favorites- but a couple of insanely athletic players who love the game, hopefully whose flaws are lack of experience.

Reddick comes to mind as another. I want  to front 7 to be deep with really fast and really quick players- want it to be difficult to run or pass on these guys.

Vandy and A-TowN.- like this

Posted (edited)

6 minutes ago, falconidae said:

Doesn't have t be Watt and Kpass, they're just  two of my favorites- but a couple of insanely athletic players who love the game, hopefully whose flaws are lack of experience.

Reddick comes to mind as another. I want  to front 7 to be deep with really fast and really quick players- want it to be difficult to run or pass on these guys.

McKimley/Tim Williams/Watt/Reddick/Charles Harris/Lawson/Dawson Hall/Jordan Willis/Ryan Anderson/Smoot/Kpass

I trust Quinn and am fine with any two combination of these guys myself. Like you, I want two of them!

Edited by Vandy
falconidae likes this

4 hours ago, Vandy said:

Hey, McKinley, Reddick or Williams won't pisss me off :)

I agree I don't want to have to draft a first round G

Hey, McKinley, Reddick or Williams won't pisss me off :)

I agree I don't want to have to draft a first round G

Who's your fav edge rusher that we could realistically get MS? (And don't say Obi!)

22 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Who's your fav edge rusher that we could realistically get MS? (And don't say Obi!)

Bowser or Rivers. Maybe D. Hall

tim williams if they like the risk 

On 3/16/2017 at 9:56 PM, Atlfanstckndenver said:

I actually think you underrate Short. He's probably a top 5 DT. 

I know ya'll don't like PFF but they ranked Poe as KC worst defensive player last season and Short as the Panthers best defensive player. 

7 minutes ago, Reggie_Kelly said:

I actually think you underrate Short. He's probably a top 5 DT. 

I know ya'll don't like PFF but they ranked Poe as KC worst defensive player last season and Short as the Panthers best defensive player. 

PFF means jack

Falconsfan567 likes this

10 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

PFF means jack

Take that mess with a grain of salt... it has a place but it is FAR from gospel. I'll take a 340lb athletic freak in the middle of a 4-3 D line any dam day regardless of what PFF thinks. 

raysnill1 and TheFatboi like this

On Thursday, March 16, 2017 at 8:07 PM, Vandy said:

Spot on, my hippie friend. 

I was out your way last week. 

Visiting the family?  I think you came when we had some nice weather.  Unless you were in a windy area because dang does it get windy here.