Arkridge

Dontari Poe Agrees To Terms W/ Falcons!

377 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, Crazy Trav said:

As I duct tape two bottles of jack to my hands and go streaking through my neighborhood while screaming im just a poe boy over and over again.

How can you duct tape youre hands if their is duct on your hands?

5 minutes ago, hjerry said:

McClure had said that the official cap numbers had us as roughly 14.5, so, assuming he really is an 8 cap hit, that leaves us with right about 6.5 in space, with another ~4 coming after the draft for Jackson.

Probably still some more moves to be made

Yea...we will add some type of player on the OL... before FA us all said and done...we only have 6 guys under contract...unless we decide to draft 2 or 3 guys....

It might just be Chester on another 1 year deal...but you gotta figure Falcons would be willing to invest more in the position....

We also need another "space" LB for depth...

This also makes Reed or Clayborn expendable as a cut or June 1 designation...depending on how the draft plays out...

First 4 picks should be (in no particular order): DE/LEO, OG, DT, and BPA (which is exciting)

SirrDooley likes this

There's no question...It's OL in the first. Otherwise we could face a serious depth/talent crisis in the near future 

Posted (edited)

Grady Jarrett and Hageman are about to be real solid at 3T...plus Crawford, Shelby, Clayborn, and Upshaw at DE...Beasley and Reed at SLB....

We will draft a LEO and DT in this class...and OG on the other side of the ball...gives of 2 picks to use in order to maneuver around or take BPA early and use a later pick at a position for depth...

Edited by Matt_The Iceman_Ryan

4 minutes ago, capologist said:

Base line:  Crawford, Poe, Hageman, Shelby

Yes, please try to run the ball...

And... Him being able to collapse the pocket has made our Edge rushing exponentially better, Plus We STILL have a draft to go.

Let's keep this going with another Great draft class!

26 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

Poe and Jarrett attacking from the middle will give OCs nightmares. We can attack consistently from three positions on the DL and might be able to add a fourth missile in the draft. This is going to make our secondary shine.

True should target another DE in draft but Clayborn wasn't chopped liver when healthy

FalconBlood likes this

3 minutes ago, GrimeyKidd said:

Crawford/Shelby-Poe-Hageman-Reed 

And don't forget Neal coming down into the box.

Top 10 D is here and we might be pushing top 5 if we stay healthy.

Think about that for a second.  Top two passing attack, top five rushing attack, top 5 defense....   goodness, I'm happy!!!

2 minutes ago, DirtyBirds5430 said:

There's no question...It's OL in the first. Otherwise we could face a serious depth/talent crisis in the near future 

They already said they are going to let wes and garland battle it out. Doubt we address the position till the 2-3 round now. 1st is def DBPA 

2 minutes ago, SirrDooley said:

They already said they are going to let wes and garland battle it out. Doubt we address the position till the 2-3 round now. 1st is def DBPA 

link?

1 minute ago, schwarzenegger321 said:

And don't forget Neal coming down into the box.

Top 10 D is here and we might be pushing top 5 if we stay healthy.

Think about that for a second.  Top two passing attack, top five rushing attack, top 5 defense....   goodness, I'm happy!!!

MAY not need Neal's help as much in run support as this will free up our LB's more so they can run and hit with total freedom! 

OMG I just got a woody thinking about that!  

2 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

Lmao!  I think I read about 1000 posts on that darn thread while we waited!

What is this Thread thing that you speak of??? lol

But seriously, the wait was well worth it and I kept trying to remind people that this is a process and just ride it out. We had him in town the longest BY FAR and I KNEW if he didn't sign in Mia yesterday we were at IF NOT the top of his list. That kept me calm.

Plus like I said, IF he didn't sign with us, it would be because Mia made him an offer he couldn't walk away from.

Drew4719 and HASHBROWN3 like this

10 minutes ago, Matt_The Iceman_Ryan said:

Yea...we will add some type of player on the OL... before FA us all said and done...we only have 6 guys under contract...unless we decide to draft 2 or 3 guys....

It might just be Chester on another 1 year deal...but you gotta figure Falcons would be willing to invest more in the position....

We also need another "space" LB for depth...

This also makes Reed or Clayborn expendable as a cut or June 1 designation...depending on how the draft plays out...

First 4 picks should be (in no particular order): DE/LEO, OG, DT, and BPA (which is exciting)

I wouldn't be surprised to see us bring in Jelani Jenkins and Jon Bostic on cheap deals.

Both from Florida when Quinn was there, and both fit his profile

PokerSteve likes this