Arkridge

Dontari Poe Agrees To Terms W/ Falcons!

377 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Macintez said:

Woah now..  It's one year lol

That's what he wanted.   He's had some health issues and wanted to show before signing.   If this works - they'll tie him up before letting him go and our cap picture looks a lot sweeter next year!

I think we go OG in the 1st now, if lamp is there. I really want to see us keep adding pass rushers though. Beasley is going into his third season. Time to draft someone to pair with him. 

1 minute ago, hjerry said:

Just Lol at some of the posters on this board

Man seriously

Some of yall need to just relax :lol:

As I duct tape two bottles of jack to my hands and go streaking through my neighborhood while screaming im just a poe boy over and over again.

Woohooooo! Just saw the note on NFL.com. Very very good news. Is that it for us in FA or does anyone see other pre-draft targets?

1 minute ago, Tandy said:

That's what he wanted.   He's had some health issues and wanted to show before signing.   If this works - they'll tie him up before letting him go.

He also reportedly wants to change the perception of how he can be used and enter FA as being perceived as more than just a NT.

2 minutes ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

No imagine if we drafted McKinley in the first as our LEO. No mercy to the NFC south 

I liked McKinley, but his combine numbers were terrible. He also doesn't have a lot of pass rush moves.

McClure had said that the official cap numbers had us as roughly 14.5, so, assuming he really is an 8 cap hit, that leaves us with right about 6.5 in space, with another ~4 coming after the draft for Jackson.

Probably still some more moves to be made

14 minutes ago, FentayeJones said:

So what we are saying is we no longer need a short yardage back??

Light purple

But wow...didnt think wed be able to do it.

1 minute ago, hjerry said:

Doesn't change a thing in relation to him

Negative. His salinity has likely increased by 500 percent.

9 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

Poe and Jarrett attacking from the middle will give OCs nightmares. We can attack consistently from three positions on the DL and might be able to add a fourth missile in the draft. This is going to make our secondary shine.

If we could wind up with an edge rusher like Derek Barnett or Charles Harris, we'd have our best d-line in years if not decades.

FalconBlood likes this

Posted (edited)

7 minutes ago, FalconAge said:

Somebody go check on Freeman

I seriously hope he doesn't hurt himself that's a freakin v12.

Edited by Jerz
Falconcheff likes this

2 minutes ago, jidady said:

If we could wind up with an edge rusher like Derek Barnett or Charles Harris, we'd have our best d-line in years if not decades.

Maybe our best ever. If Shelby returns 100%, our depth will be such that we're likely going to wind up cutting a good player to make numbers work.

Awesome, it only makes sense.  If you can only get a one year prove it deal, go with the coach and the team you have the best chance to make it happen with!