FentayeJones

Dan Quinn still waiting on word from veteran guard Chris Chester

40 posts in this topic

So, this may be Quinn just showing respect to Chester. He may not want Chester back, no reason to say that.

Or they may want him back at the vet minimum to be a back up.

Or,they may not want Chester back, but, he may be the best option this year.

Just now, falconidae said:

So, this may be Quinn just showing respect to Chester. He may not want Chester back, no reason to say that.

That makes zero sense my friend

AndySG likes this

10 minutes ago, falconidae said:

5817b6a4dcafc_Touch.jpg.1699dc5e00a0866f5c1a7981d2e463b9.jpg

Knight of God likes this

10 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

That makes zero sense my friend

Well, that wouldn't be the first time, or the last LOL.

But, it sounds to me like a coach keeping his options open with a player, rather than just waiting until they hear back from him to move on.

They may desperately want to move on from him, no need to say that in public.

Knight of God likes this

10 minutes ago, falconidae said:

Well, that wouldn't be the first time, or the last LOL.

But, it sounds to me like a coach keeping his options open with a player, rather than just waiting until they hear back from him to move on.

They may desperately want to move on from him, no need to say that in public.

Just messing around.

Alot of people are sleeping on the top 2 guard prospects in this draft. Lamp is one of the better guards to come out in years and Feeney is very good in his own right. Both are perfect fits for this ZBS we run. We should really be moving on from Chester unless hes ok with being depth. 

AndySG and Knight of God like this

30 minutes ago, Bobby.Digital said:

Alot of people are sleeping on the top 2 guard prospects in this draft. Lamp is one of the better guards to come out in years and Feeney is very good in his own right. Both are perfect fits for this ZBS we run. We should really be moving on from Chester unless hes ok with being depth. 

I would say they are both in the bologna sandwich range. Serves a purpose, excellent when really hungry...but waiting in the same line and the same spot with the same to give up...you get steak.

17 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

I would say they are both in the bologna sandwich range. Serves a purpose, excellent when really hungry...but waiting in the same line and the same spot with the same to give up...you get steak.

You're making me hungry.  

Knight of God likes this

Probably just heard we signed Poe and scratched his head **** now Ive got to deal with this guy.Yep I'd take extra time to thinking about wheather I wanted to get beat up by a 340+ lb behemoth and an beast next to him in Jarrett.

for what its worth, on my flight to atlanta from LA for the nfccg, i was seated next to chester's highschool friends and family. they pretty much all said the same about 2016 being the last year he wanted to play and having plans for after football.

falconsrus likes this

4 hours ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

How is waiting on a 34 year old guard clearly on the downside of his career a good thing?

Because you can let all 3 battle but mostly 2 for the backup role and can add another guy in the fold around the 3rd/4th round and not Have to go high. We can keep focusing on DE/LEO, LB, and FS. 

Chester was the weakest link on the line statistically but he struggled mostly at the beginning of the season. when it mattered during the final stretch, ALL of our O-line balled out and got us to the Super Bowl. I wouldn't want Chester starting again, especially since Wes gave him a run for his money last preseason. IMO Wes beat him but with Schraeder not being very experienced you gotta go with the vet. now that Schraeder can hold his own. there wouldn't be a drop-off starting Wes or Ben next to Mack and Schraeder.

TheFatboi likes this