Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SpongeDad

ESPN's Todd McShay Mock 3.0 Atlanta Falcons

50 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, BIRDLAND 2.0 said:

I'll start: How about using Wes at RG first?

We don't know anything about their plans for Wes. We do know they were interested in TJ Lang though.

osiruz likes this

Just now, HEIST said:

We don't know anything about their plans for Wes. We do know they were interested in TJ Lang though.

Watch tape on Wes and read his bio. I'd stock up on DTs, one DE. RG not priority. 

Falcon form E and Godzilla1985 like this

Robinson would be a nice pick if they could plug him in at RG. He would also provide good depth since he could play tackle as well.

I had him in a mock several weeks ago...I think he is a solid RG prospect...Cam is the classic case of being so good at Bama, that he had too much tape on him and now folks are picking him apart...he started at LT as a true freshman in the SEC...name every DE that has come out of that conference the last 3 years, and hes blocked them, so the experience is ridiculous..

He would be a day 1 starter at RG and a backup swing OT on game day...plus he would be insurance for if contract issues arise from Matthews...

I have no problems going Lamp or Robinson at 31...I dont think either will be there, but if they are, its a no brainer...

25 minutes ago, BIRDLAND 2.0 said:

Watch tape on Wes and read his bio. I'd stock up on DTs, one DE. RG not priority. 

I don't think the Falcons brass se RG not as a priority based on their FA approach, but maybe you can provide a different perspective.

Why do you think they were interested in Lang?

3 minutes ago, ATLFalcons11 said:

I don't think the Falcons brass se RG not as a priority based on their FA approach, but maybe you can provide a different perspective.

Due diligence, kicking the tires, looking ahead to a couple of years from now when Levitre is gone, hoping for a really cheap contract?

ATLFalcons11 likes this

Remember one of DQ's mantras, and how he handles young players. I bet he is sitting there thinking maybe Wes is ready to ball out and he's a tough player. We might already have him on our team, gotta let the players play. 

Could the Lamp thing just be a little smoke? Wes might be the guy for us. Would love that insanely arhletic Melifonwu guy to pair with Neal.

papachaz likes this

2 minutes ago, Falconsfan11 said:

Remember one of DQ's mantras, and how he handles young players. I bet he is sitting there thinking maybe Wes is ready to ball out and he's a tough player. We might already have him on our team, gotta let the players play. 

That's strictly guesswork though. All we know about Wes is that he's a 6th round pick that hasn't been active on gameday. 

vitaman likes this

13 minutes ago, ATLFalcons11 said:

Idk bout Lang. I've watched YouTube game tape of Wes. He's a credible 2015 6th round pick who could step in now. I would only get a G at 6th or 7th for depth. Based on real cap limit of 10 million, I'd scratch Poe and double dip on DT with one RDE.

Vandy likes this

24 minutes ago, Beast-N-Da-Sheetz said:

I don't know about this, even though it has TD written all over it. It is BPA and Sark is very familiar with Cam.

Problem is, he won't be there at 31.

49 minutes ago, BIRDLAND 2.0 said:

I'll start: How about using Wes at RG first?

We'll need a second guard in the near future... Levitre is getting old in the tooth and getting expensive.

2 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Problem is, he won't be there at 31.

Nix Feeney with his concussion history. Not high on Lawson or Watt either due to injury history. Need full timers, not partials.

Vandy likes this

1 minute ago, Five_Fifs said:

We'll need a second guard in the near future... Levitre is getting old in the tooth and getting expensive.

Get one in 5 or 7th round.

25 minutes ago, HEIST said:

That's strictly guesswork though. All we know about Wes is that he's a 6th round pick that hasn't been active on gameday. 

Yeah it is, but seems like us and the Seahawks always just let the young guys play. Not saying don't upgrade if you can by any means, but maybe they think he's closer to ready than not. We would have signed a G in FA if it was such a huge hole 

1 hour ago, HEIST said:

We also know that when Chester was injured and needed to be replaced for a few plays, they chose Garland (not Wes) to stand in.  

vitaman likes this