Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JulioJones#1

Will Devonte Freeman be a career Falcon?

30 posts in this topic

Devonte Freeman is the most electrifying running back in the NFL today in my opinion. He is a classy guy on and off the field. He runs like Barry Sanders in some ways and can play a little bit of receiver. I hope he gets paid and is here for the long term. Being a Falcons fan is a lot more fun with Free on the field! 

Beast-N-Da-Sheetz likes this

In modern day NFL - if the RB wants to play into his 30's, usually won't retire w/ same team.  Of course there are some that do and have, but most don't.   Usually the ones that do in modern times, either retire early or career cut short by injury..

AndySG and xskyx like this

7 minutes ago, DirtybyrdGA said:

I hope as well he's around for several years, move up the franchise lists.

I wonder if he can beat Gerald Riggs rushing records. Or Michael Turner's TD records.

falconsrus likes this

Posted (edited)

2 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

In modern day NFL - if the RB wants to play into his 30's, usually won't retire w/ same team.  Of course there are some that do and have, but most don't.   Usually the ones that do in modern times, either retire early or career cut short by injury..

The answer is NO....if AP cant finish his career with Vikes...Freeman wont finish with us...unless he takes less and retires at the end of his 2nd contract....

Can you guess who the last RB was to retire only playing for 1 team in the NFL, and played at least 6 seasons?

Edited by Matt_The Iceman_Ryan
g-dawg likes this

2 minutes ago, Matt_The Iceman_Ryan said:

The answer is NO....if AP cant finish his career with Vikes...Freeman wont finish with us...unless he takes less and retires at the end of his 2nd contract....

Can you guess who the last RB was to retire only playing for 1 team in the NFL, and played at least 6 seasons?

Barry Sanders?   Thurman Thomas?

Posted (edited)

3 minutes ago, Matt_The Iceman_Ryan said:

Tiki Barber (NYG, 9 seasons)...before that, it was Terrell Davis (Broncos, 7 seasons), Robert Smith (Vikes, 8 seasons), and Barry Sanders (Lions, 11 seasons)

Edited by Matt_The Iceman_Ryan
g-dawg likes this

1 minute ago, g-dawg said:

Barry Sanders?   Thurman Thomas?

Tiki Barber (NYG, 9 seasons)...before that, it was Terrell Davis (Broncos, 7 seasons), Robert Smith (Vikes, 8 seasons), and Barry Sanders (Lions, 11 seasons)

People forget some guys play 1-2 seasons with "off teams"...Thurman actually played for 2 teams, same for Jerome Bettis...

1 minute ago, Matt_The Iceman_Ryan said:

Tiki Barber (NYG, 9 seasons)...before that, it was Terrell Davis (Broncos, 7 seasons0 and Robert Smith (Vikes, 8 seasons)

and Tiki and Robert could have played longer - had they done so, they likely would have played for other teams.  Same w/ TD whose career was cut short by injury.

Just now, g-dawg said:

and Tiki and Robert could have played longer - had they done so, they likely would have played for other teams.  Same w/ TD whose career was cut short by injury.

Yep...so back to your point...the answer is NO, unless he takes a smaller salary and he retires early (ie. at the end of his second contract).

JulioJones#1 likes this

3 minutes ago, Matt_The Iceman_Ryan said:

Yep...so back to your point...the answer is NO, unless he takes a smaller salary and he retires early (ie. at the end of his second contract).

was not my thread - i was not making a point about Freeman staying w/ Falcons whole career.....

2 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

A guy who is 4th on the all time rushing list...never talked about...only played for 2 teams....

Franco Harris played 1 more season for SEA after his years with PIT...only to rush for less than 200 yards...

These guys hold on to every bit...

Just now, g-dawg said:

was not my thread - i was not making a point about Freeman staying w/ Falcons whole career.....

I was referring to your comment about retiring early or injury...

g-dawg likes this

14 minutes ago, Matt_The Iceman_Ryan said:

I wouldn't definitively say no, but your comment about Peterson was going to be what I said. Peterson still might go back to Minnesota. But if guys like him and Tomlinson aren't locks to finish their career with their teams then no way is Freeman a lock to. Anyone can be replaced. 

If he misses another block that contributes to another SB loss, I suspect the answer would be...no!? 

26 minutes ago, ShmevinShmarris said:

Julio and Freeman are my favorite falcons of all-time for me. Keep in mind I'm 25.

The falcons need more players like them and the world needs more men like them.

Especially to offset men like Greg "body-slammer" Hardy and "tatty man" Zeke the breast Elliott!  

5 minutes ago, roguebeaver said:

If he misses another block that contributes to another SB loss, I suspect the answer would be...no!? 

Well some would argue Freeman should have been doing more running and less blocking in that situation.

Maybe they were gonna throw it to him that play.

10 minutes ago, JulioJones#1 said:

Well some would argue Freeman should have been doing more running and less blocking in that situation.

Maybe they were gonna throw it to him that play.

I believe Quinn indicated he missed the block. Perhaps he was supposed to chip him and whiffed? Personally, I can't say. 

2 hours ago, Matt_The Iceman_Ryan said:

Yeah, what's my prize? Do you have a black Cobra 1998-2002 with low miles?