Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sonnyjim

International play is going to take some getting used to

10 posts in this topic

When we play game 3 we will be missing Almiron, Martinez and Caramona (sp?) who were recalled to their home countries for a game (or 2) of World Cup qualifying.  A glance at the  Chicago  Fire site didn't show anyone missing the game from their side.  This is going to take some getting used to.  Been a fan for two weeks and they disappeared.  God forbid injury.  

15 hours ago, Aston Villa FC said:

Also I've heard they leave Sunday after our game too ...not sure tho 

The game is Saturday 3/23 4 PM.  It is televised on Spanish speaking network UniMas.  They are not on Cable.  It seems that live MSL Streams require payment but replays will be available Sunday for free.  I presume ESPN2 broadcasts will be road only and few in number.  But I don't know.

I saw Almiron and Martinez obviously had the two goals, so it's looks like they made it back.

Don't understand why MLS doesn't synch their bye weeks with international like every other major league tho

2 hours ago, atl falcon 89 said:

I saw Almiron and Martinez obviously had the two goals, so it's looks like they made it back.

Don't understand why MLS doesn't synch their bye weeks with international like every other major league tho

The mls has an international break starting tomorrow I think? And we don't play again till the 31st 

On 3/18/2017 at 7:42 PM, atl falcon 89 said:

MLS does adhere to sanctioned FIFA international breaks.

I know I've seen the Sounders and the Galaxy starting rosters decimated with international CONCACAF breaks but we're also a league that hits the meat of its schedule over the summer

Posted (edited)

17 hours ago, atl falcon 89 said:

I know I've seen the Sounders and the Galaxy starting rosters decimated with international CONCACAF breaks but we're also a league that hits the meat of its schedule over the summer

While the MLS does honor FIFA international windows there's no restriction on when games can resume, and we may not have Almiron, Martinez, Carmona, or Jones for the Seattle game depending on when they play their final match with their national squads.  International play ends on 3/28, and we play Seattle three days later on 3/31.

Edited by brewman