FalconOdense

Quinn: "I do want Poe"

62 posts in this topic

50 minutes ago, SamMills51 said:

Some of you all are undervaluing DiMarco. His blocking was amazing, and Panther fans will always remember his dominance against us. He certainly isn't easy to replace.

Also remember veteran presence goes a long way for any team. The Panthers lost Roman Harper and Cotchery, and we all thought they weren't any big deals.

Well, they were.

If anyone you lost has proven to have solid veteran leadership, then you best ensure you get some solid veterans in place of them.

Just my two cents.

This is legit information but tbh I'm not worried about veteran presence here. 

We have Julio and Matt and yea they're both on offense, but our lockerroom is mixed in so they all have an impact. 

I'm not trying to throw shade to a fan of the Panthers but you don't have that at the most important position on the field so it makes a bigger impact when the veterans leave.

Is that the new line to toe? DiMarco only played in 30% of the offensive snaps? 

With a defense that ranked bottom 3rd in several categories, how do we plan on making the jump to a true playoff caliber defense. 

I think we are much farther to a solid defense than many think. We need some key FA additions and a solid starter from the draft. 

5 minutes ago, DirtyBirds5430 said:

With a defense that ranked bottom 3rd in several categories, how do we plan on making the jump to a true playoff caliber defense. 

I think we are much farther to a solid defense than many think. We need some key FA additions and a solid starter from the draft. 

Go back and watch Falcons defense after the bye week. Including the playoffs, they were fantastic. 

Shelley#37 and PokerSteve like this

1 hour ago, SamMills51 said:

Some of you all are undervaluing DiMarco. His blocking was amazing, and Panther fans will always remember his dominance against us. He certainly isn't easy to replace.

Also remember veteran presence goes a long way for any team. The Panthers lost Roman Harper and Cotchery, and we all thought they weren't any big deals.

Well, they were.

If anyone you lost has proven to have solid veteran leadership, then you best ensure you get some solid veterans in place of them.

Just my two cents.

yeah, Dimarco is the only real lost player who could play.    

From leadership standpoint, you lose some of that w/ loss of Babs and Freeney - but they were at end of their abilities on the field.

vitaman likes this

2 hours ago, TheFatboi said:

Splashy signings don't mean you got better. Just you spent a lot of money. Remember the Philly dream team? What about the redskins with Bruce smith, Deion sanders and an all star FA cast? A lot of III guys don't even realize when you get better unless it's a big splashy expensive name. All the teams you mentioned had huge holes. We do not. And for the most part we're above average in FA because we signed our own back. That's a lot in FA that ppl just don't pay attention to. You get good thru the draft and add thru FA. 

Roberts 

Crawford 

Ish

Reynolds

Toilolo

Upshaw

Schaeder extended

Alford extended  

That's not a below average FA. All those players were key to our success. FA isn't over  the draft hasn't even got here but we're doing bad?? Not even  

Preach it. Wonder if the Clown Car Whining and Crying will look at this post. Hope your bday was good, FB! PS: Your thoughts on adding Perine as a Man Blocking North South HB to Free and Coleman. He could also play FB.

Our defense was not fantastic in the last half of the Superbowl and overtime. I still half nightmares about the Superbowl. We need to draft well again.

3 hours ago, raysnill1 said:

losing DiMarco and Chester definitely hurt the defense

I don't think so. Dimarco may not even be replaced and anyone we replace Chester with will likely be at least as good, but of course the idea is to improve upon that position. so i can't see where that would hurt us.

Ita all about money!! & we aint got what he needs....theres no room for greed on this roster!!

We can and will find value in draft.....eff Poe!!

Just now, ATLFalcons11 said:

This is legit information but tbh I'm not worried about veteran presence here. 

We have Julio and Matt and yea they're both on offense, but our lockerroom is mixed in so they all have an impact. 

I'm not trying to throw shade to a fan of the Panthers but you don't have that at the most important position on the field so it makes a bigger impact when the veterans leave.

I assume you think Cam is not a leader, even though Charles Tillman, Ryan Kalil, Thomas Davis, Luke Kuechly, Greg Olsen, etc. have said otherwise - whether to Panthers media or Fox Sports media - and I get that. I believe Cam puts in more work on the practice field than any other QB, but just seems to get unnecessary flack from nothing.

Not trying to argue or anything any further on that topic, so I'll let it rest at that.

What did play a role was having no leadership towards our WR group and Secondary group.

Sure, Kurt Coleman tried the best he could, but it's not helping when every other player was literally trying to learn the system. Roman Harper was a bigger loss than we thought, and it showed.

This offseason we got Mike Adams in that role, and he should be fine.

WRs we had no reliable catchers or veteran experience. Now, we have Cotchery in as our slot receiver coach and looking at guys like Cruz right now.

It really comes down to having some guys that can help those around them, even if they're old. Inexperience can be fatal, so you'll definitely need mentors around you at your position to help if a player is young and with talent.

5 hours ago, etherdome said:

Beware the Ides of March.  

It's my BD today.....turned 60....YUCK!

1 hour ago, Bigbenright said:

Our defense was not fantastic in the last half of the Superbowl and overtime. I still half nightmares about the Superbowl. We need to draft well again.

Our Center was playing on a broken fibula (the local anesthetics probably wore off  in the long halftime).  Our RT aggravated a knee ligamental strain.  Put a marginal RG between two injured OL's and you have a problem.  

Sidecar Falcon and PokerSteve like this

12 minutes ago, Wardog357 said:

It's my BD today.....turned 60....YUCK!

I'm right behind you, Dog.  Keep moving, no matter how much it hurts.  

21 minutes ago, SamMills51 said:

I assume you think Cam is not a leader, even though Charles Tillman, Ryan Kalil, Thomas Davis, Luke Kuechly, Greg Olsen, etc. have said otherwise - whether to Panthers media or Fox Sports media - and I get that. I believe Cam puts in more work on the practice field than any other QB, but just seems to get unnecessary flack from nothing.

Not trying to argue or anything any further on that topic, so I'll let it rest at that.

What did play a role was having no leadership towards our WR group and Secondary group.

Sure, Kurt Coleman tried the best he could, but it's not helping when every other player was literally trying to learn the system. Roman Harper was a bigger loss than we thought, and it showed.

This offseason we got Mike Adams in that role, and he should be fine.

WRs we had no reliable catchers or veteran experience. Now, we have Cotchery in as our slot receiver coach and looking at guys like Cruz right now.

It really comes down to having some guys that can help those around them, even if they're old. Inexperience can be fatal, so you'll definitely need mentors around you at your position to help if a player is young and with talent.

Do you really expect them to say anything different? It doesn't make it false, but that can't be the basis of the idea that Cam is a leader.

There has to be tangible things to lean on when it comes to him. He doesn't get flak for nothing. Come on man, as a fan let's be real. He shows a heck of a lot of inmautrity. He's young so he has time, but he needs to mature and that maturity can ultimately lead to being a leader.

DirdieBirdieIndie likes this

1 minute ago, ATLFalcons11 said:

Do you really expect them to say anything different? It doesn't make it false, but that can't be the basis of the idea that Cam is a leader.

There has to be tangible things to lean on when it comes to him. He doesn't get flak for nothing. Come on man, as a fan let's be real. He shows a heck of a lot of inmautrity. He's young so he has time, but he needs to mature and that maturity can ultimately lead to being a leader.

Well the fact Charles Tillman adamantly defends him on Fox Sports on multiple occasions and quiets discussions about it truly is eye-opening. I've seen it to, and it's obvious the media enjoys twisting the narrative.

Like I said, I believe Cam is one of Carolina's biggest leaders. I don't think that is an issue with him, rather than mechanics and our OC figuring out how the heck to adapt to a game when you don't have the healthy o-line for long-developing plays.

4 minutes ago, SamMills51 said:

Well the fact Charles Tillman adamantly defends him on Fox Sports on multiple occasions and quiets discussions about it truly is eye-opening. I've seen it to, and it's obvious the media enjoys twisting the narrative.

Like I said, I believe Cam is one of Carolina's biggest leaders. I don't think that is an issue with him, rather than mechanics and our OC figuring out how the heck to adapt to a game when you don't have the healthy o-line for long-developing plays.

Newtons performance in the Superbowl was the opposite of a leader. He sulked all game and dint even make an attempt to jump on a fumble late in the 4th Q because he was scared of injuring his leg.  Then you had his post game interview.  

Cam is great when things are going his way but when times get tough he melts. Not at all what I'd call a leader. 

7 minutes ago, SamMills51 said:

Not anything tangible there but I also understand I am debating with a die hard. I'm not going to be convinced by what a former teammate says. Charles Tillman doesn't have the negative attitude of a guy that would "air out dirty laundry."

Honestly you probably see no value in convincing me anyway. You really don't see why people get on Cam's immaturity though?

17 hours ago, etherdome said:

I'm right behind you, Dog.  Keep moving, no matter how much it hurts.  

Thanks man....and I will not stop going. Appreciate the encouragement.

22 hours ago, Shelley#37 said:

Chester and Babs haven't signed with anybody.  Both could be brought back if we cannot fill the holes.  The holes are not that big and we have the draft and free agency is not over.

DiMarco is replaceable, just like Ovie and Christian and Griffin and every other fullback...

Our running game dropped off suddenly when Ovie left. There were multiple reasons, but his departure was one.

Flying Falcon and PokerSteve like this

18 hours ago, etherdome said:

Our Center was playing on a broken fibula (the local anesthetics probably wore off  in the long halftime).  Our RT aggravated a knee ligamental strain.  Put a marginal RG between two injured OL's and you have a problem.  

Yeah, our OL Depth is as big an off season concern as any on the team this year. IMO.

I like our 4 remaining starters -which is a good situation to be in in March, but it still needs to be addressed in a serious way.

39 minutes ago, rugger8 said:

Yeah, our OL Depth is as big an off season concern as any on the team this year. IMO.

I like our 4 remaining starters -which is a good situation to be in in March, but it still needs to be addressed in a serious way.

It will not be a concern after the draft.  We have Poe in the fold and now our FO will get to work on the draft.  We will draft at least one OL and another pass rusher.  After that, we will add some great athletes to develop behind our starters all over the field.  

The arrow is pointing UP.

slimjim and rugger8 like this