Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Crazy Trav

Jeremy Zuttah

9 posts in this topic

So I keep seeing posts about possibly wanting Mangold because he is a Vet and could be an upgrade starter at OG and not C. I personally would much rather get Zuttah!

Ravens released C Jeremy Zuttah.

The writing was on the wall for this one, though Zuttah had a strong season in 2016, getting named to the Pro Bowl and grading out as Pro Football Focus' No. 14 center out of 37 qualifiers. He received extremely strong marks for his run blocking. After losing RT Rick Wagner in free agency, the Ravens have yet another hole to fill on the offensive line. Zuttah turns 31 in June.

Opinions/Thoughts? I wouldn't mind drafting a G but I would much rather use those picks on DT, S, LB.

FalconBlood likes this

38 minutes ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

I think wes will step in at rg, we have to have a limit on what we spend on the oline and a fa former pro bowler isn't gonna be cheap

We can spend pretty much what ever we want and is needed.

Right now we are very thin on the o line and we have no starting caliber RG

If we signed a new starting RG that would allow us to mainly focus on D this year. Maybe grab a TE if a good one falls to the 2nd round. There are a ton of good speedy OLB's we can add in the draft on day 3. 

3 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Hard to say that.  I agree with the thin part but there's no way we can make that determination that we have no starting caliber guard until we see what Schweitzer does...

20 minutes ago, capologist said:

Hard to say that.  I agree with the thin part but there's no way we can make that determination that we have no starting caliber guard until we see what Schweitzer does...

True. And the cuts are just beginning. If we need an OG I have faith we'll sign one

44 minutes ago, capologist said:

Its very hard to say because I understand that Schweitzer was being groomed to be a possible starter. I also understand all the people who are hesitant to start a second year player with hardly any expierence starting. I trust the staff with whatever they choose.

1 hour ago, falconsd56 said:

Wes nearly won the starting spot last year.. just saying I'm pretty sure he will get first crack at the spot this year and we will draft depth