gazoo

Would you sign Kaepernick as a backup if we can get for veteran minimum?

116 posts in this topic

It looks like no interested takers for free agent QB Colin Kaepernick so far.  

Shaub is getting up there as a backup.  Kaepernick was horrible last year and was voted the most hated player in the NFL Per an ESPN poll linked below, but he has NFL experience. If we could get him at the veteran minimum, would you guys pull the trigger?

Not me, I would prefer to never see him again on a football field. 

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17604958/san-francisco-49ers-qb-colin-kaepernick-most-disliked-player-nfl-according-poll-e-poll-marketing-research 

Slappywhite likes this

2 minutes ago, gazoo said:

Shaub is getting up there as a backup.  Kaepernick was horrible last year and was voted the most hated player in the NFL Per an ESPN poll linked below, but he has NFL experience. If we could get him at the veteran minimum, would you guys pull the trigger?

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17604958/san-francisco-49ers-qb-colin-kaepernick-most-disliked-player-nfl-according-poll-e-poll-marketing-research 

Never ever. One.. I would hate to see him wearing number 7 for obvious reasons, even tho not too many care for Vick. Two... his poisonous personality is not welcomed. Wouldn't mind a player of his experience coming in but no thank you to that toxic human

Slappywhite likes this

I have to admit I haven't really seen him play in a few years but is he really that good of a fit for the WCO?

Maybe next season after the drama dies down a bit. I think the dude is more humble and less of a head case than the media portrays him. 

Posted (edited)

19 minutes ago, gazoo said:

Never in a million years would that man play for Blank. He is a disgrace. He will not be signed by another team as he is a cancer.

Edited by dirtyhairy

17 minutes ago, ShanghaiDirtyBird said:

I'm a huge fan. He's like a hero. I'd definitely go for it. Bless him for his courage.

Posted (edited)

Other than his rookie year he's been mediocre to bad.  Coupled with the other, non-football, stuff why would anyone want him?

Edited by brewman

I don't really think he fits the system.  He had his best seasons with the 49ers a few years back.  He doesn't appear to still be that player.  If he was a fit and we didn't have Schaub, I would have no problem with him.

Knock on wood I'm good with running with 2 qbs again.. But if we did add a third.. That's still an eff nahh 

8 minutes ago, brewman said:

Other than his rookie year he's been mediocre to bad.  Coupled with the other, non-football, stuff why would anyone want him?

Yeah, this dude maybe done period, let alone as a backup.