SkerFalcon8710

Poe is in Atlanta per sources

933 posts in this topic

Okay, so now I am developing a man crush on this guy.  There is more to Poe than meets the eye.  

http://kckingdom.com/2017/03/08/kc-chiefs-dontari-poe-personal-brand/

He is actually reaching out to possible start-ups.  The kid is a thinker.  This explains why he is taking his time with the decision.  He is not the sort of person that is swayed by a steak dinner and shaking a$$es.  

5 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

AJC/D-Led also says:

"Falcons coach Dan Quinn speaking to a reporter from ESPN.com at Georgia’s Pro Day on Wednesday said the Falcons want Poe and expected to hear something over the next 36 hours."

This would mean we should know by about 5pm today if we are getting POE or not.

Still not something for him to know. Maybe Poe wants more time.

Anyway, lets hope for the best. We need something to be excited about in this free Agency.

2 minutes ago, FalconOdense said:

Still not something for him to know. Maybe Poe wants more time.

Anyway, lets hope for the best. We need something to be excited about in this free Agency.

yeah but it was not D-Led saying it - it was the Palm Beach Post - which he linked - and I went there and it did say that.

here is what the Palm Beach Post said: http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachpost.com/2017/03/15/nt-dontari-poe-concludes-marathon-visit-with-miami-dolphins-without-a-deal/

"Poe is seeking a one-year deal but won’t come cheap to whichever team lands him. Poe, 26, has now visited with the Colts, Falcons and Dolphins and the next stop on his tour is expected to be with the Raiders."

3 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

yeah but it was not D-Led saying it - it was the Palm Beach Post - which he linked - and I went there and it did say that.

here is what the Palm Beach Post said: http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachpost.com/2017/03/15/nt-dontari-poe-concludes-marathon-visit-with-miami-dolphins-without-a-deal/

"Poe is seeking a one-year deal but won’t come cheap to whichever team lands him. Poe, 26, has now visited with the Colts, Falcons and Dolphins and the next stop on his tour is expected to be with the Raiders."

Sorry, I was talking about the quote from Quinn saying that they expect to know something within 36 hours. Quinn wont know if Poe maybe needs more time.

I didn't speak about D Led

5 minutes ago, Statick said:

I knew he wasn't going to get that money from Miami. Expect more of the same from Oakland.

The Oakland visit was speculation due to their interest in him orginally. DQ said Poe will be making a decision today.

JT and Absolute like this

Johnathan Hankins seeking $8 million annually: report

By: Dan Benton | 4 hours ago 

NFL free agency is now more than a week old and one of the biggest surprises continues to be defensive tackle Johnathan Hankins, an unrestricted free agent from the New York Giants, remaining unsigned.

Widely considered one of the best overall free agents, the silence around Hankins has been deafening. And despite some mild interest from the Philadelphia Eagles, Washington Redskins, Oakland Raiders and Miami Dolphins among others, Hankins has not even scheduled a single visit.

So what has led to this strange and unexpected stalemate between Hankins and the rest of the league? Well, it might have something to do with his asking price.

Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald reports that Hankins and his agent have told every team inquiring that they’re seeking a multi-year deal worth $8 million annually.

Hankins, who played very well last season for the New York Giants, sees himself as more than a rotational player. He sees himself as a bona fide NFL starting defensive tackle.

And he wants to get paid like a starting defensive tackle — which means he wants a multi-year contract and wants to make $8M a year, at minimum.

That’s what the Hankins camp is telling every team when they call. That’s what the Hankins camp told the Dolphins when they called way before I ever wrote his name.

To put those numbers into perspective, Geno Atkins earns $10.6 million annually and Damon Harrison earns $9.25 million annually. And while Hankins’ projected free agent value was $8.6 million annually, it’s clear NFL teams aren’t willing to pay that for a rotational defensive tackle.

What does this mean for the Giants moving forward? Despite their desire to re-sign Hankins, it’s highly unlikely to come at that price. So unless the veteran lowers his asking price and comes back down to earth, he’ll be playing for a different team in 2017.

http://giantswire.usatoday.com/2017/03/16/new-york-giants-johnathan-hankins-seeking-8-million-annually/

57 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

AJC/D-Led also says:

"Falcons coach Dan Quinn speaking to a reporter from ESPN.com at Georgia’s Pro Day on Wednesday said the Falcons want Poe and expected to hear something over the next 36 hours."

This would mean we should know by about 5pm today if we are getting POE or not.

You always know how to brighten an already bright day! lol

slimjim likes this

Looks like the Falcons still have a shot. Wonder if Poe said he'd make up his mind today. That would explain why Quinn said he wanted him-that statement makes a lot more sense if Poe is deciding soon.

Think it's a good fit for both the team and the player for Poe to be here.

10 minutes ago, jfalconsp said:

Probably makes no difference at all, but I gave him some love on Twitter 

We can take all the help we can get my friend! Gosh in the military ive had night watch, suicide watch, guardian angel watch (highest point), and I thought those lasted for an eternity. Poe watch is taking way longer for all of us poe fans.

A-TowN.- likes this

15 minutes ago, jfalconsp said:

Probably makes no difference at all, but I gave him some love on Twitter 

Can't hurt, i know that.

Posted (edited)

42 minutes ago, FentayeJones said:

Pretty crazy hankins isn't getting many offers. I'd pay him 8 mil per no problem. 

Edited by Bobby.Digital

6 minutes ago, Bobby.Digital said:

Pretty crazy  he isn't getting many offers. I'd pay him 8 mil per no problem. 

Ok, Where do I apply for a job for you!? 

Tandy likes this

10 minutes ago, Bobby.Digital said:

Pretty crazy hankins isn't getting many offers. I'd pay him 8 mil per no problem. 

It's the multiple years at 8 mil that he wants that's the hang up.

Free agent DT Johnathan Hankins has been holding firm that he wants a multi-year contract.

Hankins, 25 later this month, has surprisingly drawn zero interest since free agency began. Easily one of the best players left on the market, Hankins wants to be a starter at $8 million-plus per year. The Miami Herald's Armando Salguero reported the Dolphins checked in on Hankins, but he wouldn't accept a one-year offer. Hankins went into this reportedly wanting a five-year deal at $45 million or more. That's highly unlikely to happen at this stage of free agency. Whoever eventually lands Hankins could be getting a bargain

Just now, falconidae said:

It's the multiple years at 8 mil that he wants that's the hang up.

I'd have no issue giving him that. He's 24 years old and has shown that he's a very good starting DT (Im talking about Hankins btw)

1 minute ago, Crazy Trav said:

Free agent DT Johnathan Hankins has been holding firm that he wants a multi-year contract.

Hankins, 25 later this month, has surprisingly drawn zero interest since free agency began. Easily one of the best players left on the market, Hankins wants to be a starter at $8 million-plus per year. The Miami Herald's Armando Salguero reported the Dolphins checked in on Hankins, but he wouldn't accept a one-year offer. Hankins went into this reportedly wanting a five-year deal at $45 million or more. That's highly unlikely to happen at this stage of free agency. Whoever eventually lands Hankins could be getting a bargain

Reminds me of Linval Joseph a few years back. Balled out with the Giants and for some reason dint receive much interest. Signed with Minnesota for 6 mil a season and has been one of the better DTs in the leauge for them.