Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ryantlanta

We just won Free Agency it's over!

21 posts in this topic

21 minutes ago, Dr. Falcon said:

Addition by subtraction at its finest!

Think we can get Gabriel to return punts now?

Hopefully except he plays a big role on offense 

I never had a problem with Weems for the most part, he was a reliable if not safe returner and a solid special teamer, and by all accounts a good teammate.  I do think his play was in decline, and it was time to move on. 

Weems was a beast gunner. He just didn't made good decisions returning the ball. Hardy was even worse though, alot worse.

25 minutes ago, red falcon said:

He was a beast gunner though. He made almost all the plays defensively on kicks, I think people fail to see that. The guy is a football player 

This right here is the only reason I didn't flip my lid when he would make some of those decisions to let it bounce but bringing it out our last drive of SB LI sealed the deal for me.

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, red falcon said:

He was a beast gunner though. He made almost all the plays defensively on kicks, I think people fail to see that. The guy is a football player 

Yepper!! What I have been saying all along. 

And out of all the guys that have signed elsewhere, this is the biggest loss so far. Not saying its not doable but a consistent gunner on Special Teams is harder to replace than FB, 5th WR and backup LB.

Edited by Ezekiel 25:17

2 hours ago, Duff_Man said:

Weems was fine. He was a great special teamer and did nothing wrong. 

Except taking the ball out of the end zone in the biggest game of his career and only getting to the 10. Setting out offense up with terrible field position yeah he did nothing wrong :rolleyes: he made terrible decisions with the ball. Letting it bounce all the way to the 3 yard line etc. glad he's gone. 

Glad we're getting some new blood back there. Weems' decision making was awful. We'll find another Gunner and we have Fuller waiting in the wings.  The team has also shown interest in other veteran return guys.Our scouting department has been lights out lately.  The team wouldn't have let Weems go if they didn't think they could upgrade the position. 

22 hours ago, ryantlanta said:

No more fair catch Weems! 

This was my dream since the start of the off season.  God I would love to find a dynamic return man.