Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
parmenion

We need to watch out for Shanahan

25 posts in this topic

If I were him I would do the same and try and steal players - let's make sure he doesn't get Gabriel.

We gave him a chance, when he failed everywhere else and he shined ( except for Super Bowl ).

He doesn't have the capacity to be a Head Coach - better as an coordinator and upstairs -does not connect with the players.

Thank God we got rid of him.

1 minute ago, Duff_Man said:

Next time you feel that nagging doubt that says "maybe I shouldn't post this"...listen to it.

Parmenion has never had that feeling.  Not one single time....ever

Crazy Trav, JDaveG, Jerz and 4 others like this

48 minutes ago, GhostofGritz said:

"We need to watch out for Shanahan."

I wish someone had made a thread with this EXACT title right before the Super Bowl.

Agreed

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, parmenion said:

If I were him I would do the same and try and steal players - let's make sure he doesn't get Gabriel.

We gave him a chance, when he failed everywhere else and he shined ( except for Super Bowl ).

He doesn't have the capacity to be a Head Coach - better as an coordinator and upstairs -does not connect with the players.

Thank God we got rid of him?  He just led a top 8 offense EVER!  I wish we still had him and would have loved to have seen if he could have made another jump like he did from year one to two which obviously there wasn't too much room for improvement.

If players don't connect with him then why do they follow him?  Even coaches have followed him.  I do have high hopes for Sarkisian but unless he puts together the greatest season ever with 0 years of OC NFL experience, you will never hear me say thank God we got rid of Shannahan.

Edited by falconfanatic365
JDaveG and Vandy like this

2 minutes ago, falconfanatic365 said:

Thank God we got rid of him?  He just led a top 8 offense EVER!  I wish we still had him and would have loved to have seen if he could have made another jump like he did from year one to two which obviously there wasn't too much room for improvement.

If players don't like him then why do they follow him?  Even coaches have followed him.  I do have him hopes for Sarkisian but you will never hear me say thank God we got rid of him.

Agreed with every word .i don't just look at one game I look throughout his tenure here. He was a good oc . I thank him for everything he's done . I do believe he has the potential to bring the 49ers back to being good ,  between 9-7 and 10-6 ( not this season of course), 

falconfanatic365 likes this

1 hour ago, parmenion said:

If he wants Gabriel, let him have him, ill take a 2nd round pick in return.

16 minutes ago, birdz4i said:

so how many times are you going to make this thread?

Don't ask a question...he hits and runs. Never responds to his own topics. 

JDaveG likes this

1 hour ago, Duff_Man said:

Next time you feel that nagging doubt that says "maybe I shouldn't post this"...listen to it.

oh come on now, you REALLY think that thought has EVER hit this guy?  :troll::D 

1) We cannot afford to lose Gabriel and have a #1 offense.

2) Let's tell the truth until Shanahan went upstairs did we become the #1 offense.

3) He blew the Super Bowl for us.

4) Matt Ryan was the key - not Shanahan

5 When you have Freeman and Coleman - he took too much credit.

GreggT likes this

36 minutes ago, parmenion said:

2) Let's tell the truth until Shanahan went upstairs did we become the #1 offense.

Gabriel is replaceable. It's not like the Browns were the top offense in the league with Shanny and Gabriel.

3 hours ago, Nereek said:

If he wants Gabriel, let him have him, ill take a 2nd round pick in return.

Yeah honestly, a 2018 2nd round pick sounds pretty **** sweet right now. I almost WANT someone to take Gabriel lol. 

Then again, I've been on the Hardy bandwagon since we drafted him.

4 hours ago, falconfanatic365 said:

If players don't connect with him then why do they follow him?  Even coaches have followed him.  I do have high hopes for Sarkisian but unless he puts together the greatest season ever with 0 years of OC NFL experience, you will never hear me say thank God we got rid of Shannahan.

I was hoping for Chip Kelly 

4 hours ago, birdz4i said:

so how many times are you going to make this thread?

Never question the Bruce Dickenson of the Falcons message board.  Sure he puts his pants on just like the rest of us.  But the only difference is he goes out and makes gold threads.  Listen to him and we will all be wearing gold-plated diapers.     

6 hours ago, Duff_Man said:

This 75% of the board on a bad day.

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, parmenion said:

(1) even though we still would have a high-powered offense if he left, Gabriel was tagged and is staying

(2) the importance of the OC "being upstairs" is media hogwash 

(3) Quinn as HC blew the super bowl. 

(4) Shanny elevated the career path Ryan's was heading down by installing the best offense for his skill set (WCO)

(5) in my view, shanny did not get enough credit for freeman and colemans elevated play. Did you forget free was waisted on bench his rookie year?

Edited by Vandy
BIRDLAND 2.0 and citsalp like this

7 hours ago, falconfanatic365 said:

Put me on the fence here.  He pretty much maxed the talent he had in Atlanta, but take a look at what he had to work with.  Now look at the SF roster.  He can max that talent and still only win four games.  I think that what Sark can do with the Falcons talent in 2017 will tell you more about Shanahan's 2016 performance than anything else.

10 minutes ago, Vandy said:

(2) the importance of the OC "being upstairs" is media hogwash 

That depends on the coach.  Many will tell you they feel much more effective in the box.

(5) in my view, shanny did not get enough credit for freeman and colemans elevated play. Did you forget free was waisted on bench his rookie year?

You can lay that one at the feet of then-RB coach Gerald Brown.  Smitty deferred to his position coaches re depth chart questions.  A mistake on Smitty's part.

9 hours ago, parmenion said:

YOU need to watch out for Shanahan.