FentayeJones

Aldrick Robinson to the 49ers

84 posts in this topic

Holy moly... This is a freaking soap opera I think.  I love Freeman.  Amazing all the drama associated with who he chose to represent him.  

As an outsider taking a look at this whole thing from an aerial view, it just wreaks of unprofessional & incompetent representation.  I refuse to pass judgement on a personal level because I don't know any of them personally.  

But I would suggest that sometimes, friends/family are the absolute worst people to choose for professional council.  

I hope this all goes away soon and we ink our little buddy to a new contract.

BIRDLAND 2.0 likes this

2 hours ago, Waterjabbers said:

Freeman doesn't strike me as that kind of guy anyway.  My read on this entire situation is that Freeman thought he should have been drafted higher originally and thinks he's proved that now. 

He wants to make what he thinks he's worth and would love for the Falcons to be the team that pays him.  I don't see the issue with that and I would love to resign him.

He's earned whatever he ultimately gets and he's been really classy about it.  I don't get the problem a lot of people seem to have with him right now.

Exactly. I think that's reasonable. Every athlete wants to be compensated for out playing his contract/draft position. He's done that and I don't think the Falcons are opposed to an extension. I think it'll come next season tho and nothing is wrong with that either. 

7 hours ago, TheFatboi said:

Exactly. I think that's reasonable. Every athlete wants to be compensated for out playing his contract/draft position. He's done that and I don't think the Falcons are opposed to an extension. I think it'll come next season tho and nothing is wrong with that either. 

Not just every athlete, everybody is that way.  I've never understood why so many people expect athletes to be any different then they are.  If any person thought they were being under-paid by $20k per year they would either ask for a raise or find a new job.

He's not causing issues, bad mouthing the team, or saying he's going to hold out so what's the big deal?  

21 hours ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

Yea we can assume a lot of our cast offs this yr and next will swing to the 9ers I think. Nothing wrong with it but you're right need to keep our eye on little kyle 

Yeah. Little Kyle seems pretty nondescript, but he's turning out to have  the bite-radius of a Great White.

Flying Falcon likes this

Lol 49ers making moves out of desperation and reaction, falcons make moves based on best for team and long run. Kyle will be fired in 2 years

13 hours ago, BIRDLAND 2.0 said:

Means a Wide/ST needed with 7th pick due to Weems departure also.

We already spent last years 7th on that very thing. A now healthy Devin Fuller should help out on ST.