FentayeJones

Aldrick Robinson to the 49ers

84 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

Freeman is a kid and getting salty for some odd reason. All bets are off man. Luke is poison. Freeman looks at Luther as a father figure. In the black community that's a stronger bond than you can ever imagine.

The suggested saltiness just your own impression, or you been hearing things?

Knight of God likes this

2 minutes ago, hjerry said:

The suggested saltiness just your own impression, or you been hearing things?

It was on a DC radio station today.

14 minutes ago, TheFalcoholic said:

Uncle Luke has also tweeted that he is no longer allowed to speak on the Freeman situation. Didn't come out and clarify that it was just his opinion, do any damage control. Just said he can't talk anymore. That says a lot to me.

It does to me too. Someone finally got Luke to censor himself. The court system couldn't get him to do so but **** if his wife didn't. :)

1 hour ago, Matt_The Iceman_Ryan said:

I would make that trade in a heart beat this year...We can easily Freeman's replacement in this draft...but that's just me!

Im all about shedding these big paycheck players at their peak for draft picks to get younger... especially at positions like RB (dime a dozen) and CB we have great depth!

fantasy world....

trade Trufant for a 1st

trade Freeman for a 3rd and 5th

Draft:

1. Solomon Thomas DE

1. Christian McCaffrey RB

2. Adoree Jackson CB

3. Larry Ogunjobe DT

3. Tyus Bowser LEO

4. Danny Isidora RG

5. Jonnu Smith TE

5. Matt Milano LB

7. Sam Rogers FB

Use the cap savings on Bennie Logan, Dontari Poe, or Johnathan Hankins

flame away!!!!!!

I think your vastly undervaluing both Tru and Freeman. I'd need a 1 at least for Freeman and a 1 a 2 next year and a 5 for Trufant. 

2 hours ago, Knight of God said:

I can almost guarantee he'd be a Niner and would go for more like a 2nd and 5th or 6th.. Not necessarily having the 5th or 6th this year.

I doubt it. Shanahan offenses have famously been able to turn HBs (who would be practice squad players on a different team) into Pro Bowlers because of that scheme. 

There's a reason Kyle took the RB coach w/ him... to keep that system intact. Which means they know they don't need to spend a lot in cash or high draft picks to get a back who can produce there. So, I doubt he'd feel the need to give up a 2nd and have to pay Free when he can just plug a 4th or 5th rounder in there for peanuts and have similar results.

Posted (edited)

34 minutes ago, 4LoveoftheGame said:

I liked Robinson, wish we had kept him.

I'm happy keeping Gabriel > Robinson; who wasn't a sure returnee given his UFA status. Losing DiMarco hurts more than losing Robinson IMO, but it seems like his asking price was too high. Atlanta can get a serviceable FB between now and the season.

Fuller could replace Robinson's spot as the #4 WR; which is still pretty low in priority (barring injury) if you consider Hooper/Freeman/Coleman getting as many or more targets over the course the season, and whomever else Atlanta gets before camp starts as competition will be interesting. Hardy/Williams are more possession receivers. Fuller at least has a solid 4.4 speed.

If you told me we'd have to choose Gabriel/Toilolo > Robinson/DiMarco I'd probably take the first. Both are younger and important parts of passing/run games respectively. A money saving move at FB isn't a new thing in the NFL. Just need a guy that can fit the ZBS as a lead blocker and can pick up the blitz; maybe run the occasional route.

Edited by slimjim
RedandBlack4ever likes this

2 hours ago, Knight of God said:

Freeman is a kid and getting salty for some odd reason. All bets are off man. Luke is poison. Freeman looks at Luther as a father figure. In the black community that's a stronger bond than you can ever imagine.

See that's how rumors get started right there. I know ppl that helped raise freeman and I live in atl and haven't heard not one peep about freeman being salty about anything other than the SB loss. That D.C. station is spreading bs. And I can assure you if he was salty I would've heard it by now from my friends that are close to him. Luke speaks his own mind and obviously somebody must have told him to stfu because he's no longer speaking on the matter. Salty players mumble and I haven't heard one mumble from freeman. It's starting to get ridiculous on these boards and if you heard it on D.C. Radio they're adding fuel to a fire that doesn't even exist. Thus fans and DC media are creating an invisible problem. I think it's weird anyway that a D.C. station is saying he's salty yet not one word like that from Atl media. 

6 hours ago, Knight of God said:

Man, my dude told me earlier. I told Jbo about it. You can see it happening. I thought Mitchell was an anomaly, but then the FB, now Aldrick and Poe. I know, he knew Aldrick first, but there is something to that. It would not surprise me at all if he were actually tampering with Freeman at this moment causing him to get salty. I am waiting to see if Freeman asks for a trade.

It wouldn't surprise me if some tampering were going on--it reminds me of the whole Mangini blowout with Billy B. over the same type of thing.

Folks might dismiss the Freeman thing, but with Hyde in place adding Freeman would drastically improve the niners. Depending on the package offered (if it came to fruition), i'd take it. A nice 2nd and fourth would go a long way to adding capability with the way we draft.

5 hours ago, Matt_The Iceman_Ryan said:

I would make that trade in a heart beat this year...We can easily Freeman's replacement in this draft...but that's just me!

Im all about shedding these big paycheck players at their peak for draft picks to get younger... especially at positions like RB (dime a dozen) and CB we have great depth!

fantasy world....

trade Trufant for a 1st

trade Freeman for a 3rd and 5th

Draft:

1. Solomon Thomas DE

1. Christian McCaffrey RB

2. Adoree Jackson CB

3. Larry Ogunjobe DT

3. Tyus Bowser LEO

4. Danny Isidora RG

5. Jonnu Smith TE

5. Matt Milano LB

7. Sam Rogers FB

Use the cap savings on Bennie Logan, Dontari Poe, or Johnathan Hankins

flame away!!!!!!

I have to admit that would be a sick draft lol

Knew this would happen when we signed the foreign guy to a futures contract. Can not remember his name but I remember he's coming off of a championship in the league he was in and he's 6'5 215lbs and fast. I figured Robinson would be gone with the mess the 49ers have at receiver. Im still sick of Shannahan already though even so.

6 hours ago, Falcan Moore said:

I was thinking the exact same thing.

It's one thing coming in like Quinn did with the knowledge he had from Carroll and trying to take a lot of the same concepts, but I feel like Shanny is just going after everyone we are. Trying to be Atlanta West. Kinda like how Bradley did it in JAX. I don't think he was ready at all for a head coaching job...you can't get by just trying to do the same thing.

But that could just be bitterness and bias talking too.

Niners cupboard is bare the Falcons at least had some pieces for Quinn, while Shanahan's scheme is top notch it is difficult to learn.  Shanahan has nothing on Quinn on the motivational, cohesiveness and likability factors  all essential for a head coach. Thrown in the difficult NFC West I give it 3 years before he is on the hotseat 

Aldrick is a decent enough option. Played well against the 9ers last year too. I'm sure there are some cornerbacks not too happy to see him every day in practice. 

Also, you guys are crazy when it comes to Free. You can't just find guys like him for nothing. Runs hard, can catch. He missed a block in the super bowl but we would miss him if he was gone. 

RedandBlack4ever likes this

9 hours ago, Knight of God said:

Man, my dude told me earlier. I told Jbo about it. You can see it happening. I thought Mitchell was an anomaly, but then the FB, now Aldrick and Poe. I know, he knew Aldrick first, but there is something to that. It would not surprise me at all if he were actually tampering with Freeman at this moment causing him to get salty. I am waiting to see if Freeman asks for a trade.

Well if that is the case and my coach threw me under the bus.....I wouldnt want to play for him. One of them was lying. Free"the block was not my responsibility" Shanny..."that block was defintely Freemans responsibility" But....whatever floats a mans boat. And yes even though I used quotation marks...I'm sure that is not a direct quote. But that's what was said.

9 hours ago, Knight of God said:

Only IF the Father is not around. This is not reflective of all black people, there are a lot of different scenarios that occur in "the black community". This monolithic way of thinking has fueled the way others have viewed African Americans since the end of reconstruction and contributed to boxing black folks in a corner.

Do we know Devonta's family situation?

Jerz and Knight of God like this

10 hours ago, Knight of God said:

Mimicking what Quinn is doing man. All the way. Just pay close attention.

Too bad hover can't mimic Matt and aldrick can't touch Julio. Not worried about Kyle and the 9ers

Knight of God likes this

7 hours ago, TheFatboi said:

See that's how rumors get started right there. I know ppl that helped raise freeman and I live in atl and haven't heard not one peep about freeman being salty about anything other than the SB loss. That D.C. station is spreading bs. And I can assure you if he was salty I would've heard it by now from my friends that are close to him. Luke speaks his own mind and obviously somebody must have told him to stfu because he's no longer speaking on the matter. Salty players mumble and I haven't heard one mumble from freeman. It's starting to get ridiculous on these boards and if you heard it on D.C. Radio they're adding fuel to a fire that doesn't even exist. Thus fans and DC media are creating an invisible problem. I think it's weird anyway that a D.C. station is saying he's salty yet not one word like that from Atl media. 

Freeman doesn't strike me as that kind of guy anyway.  My read on this entire situation is that Freeman thought he should have been drafted higher originally and thinks he's proved that now. 

He wants to make what he thinks he's worth and would love for the Falcons to be the team that pays him.  I don't see the issue with that and I would love to resign him.

He's earned whatever he ultimately gets and he's been really classy about it.  I don't get the problem a lot of people seem to have with him right now.

hjerry, TheFatboi and Knight of God like this