Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Knight of God

To All You Patriot Way Anti Make A Move Guys

33 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

I like to take a superstar team (Pats, Falcons, Seahawks, etc) and trade away every single player and restart from the ground up only by drafting.

A lot of people say this. You know this is why the Madden argument is another fallacy. I use to take fast WR's in the 6th and 7th and convert them to CB. OVR 57 guys getting pick 6 all game.

Yo_Lover likes this

19 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

A lot of people say this. You know this is why the Madden argument is another fallacy. I use to take fast WR's in the 6th and 7th and convert them to CB. OVR 57 guys getting pick 6 all game.

I always got the strongest lineman. Highest rated trucking RB. Fastest WR, QB, DB, LB, DE I could. And the best blocking TE. 

Knight of God likes this

4 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

I always got the strongest lineman. Highest rated trucking RB. Fastest WR, QB, DB, LB, DE I could. And the best blocking TE. 

You could get all of that in the 5th-7th rounds.

3 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

You could get all of that in the 5th-7th rounds.

Easy. This year's madden though only generates trash LB and it annoys me

Knight of God likes this

3 hours ago, Knight of God said:

The patriots have traded a 4th for a TE which is a huge no-no on these boards and is locking down Gillmore from the Bills. Not sure but word is he is getting top dollar.

So you see? Its quite okay to deviate from conversations about low tier players just to save MB money on a post or thread.

I'm cool with whatever TD and DQ decide is best.

Say what you want about TD's track record, but under his control we haven't had any issues signing talent and staying under cap since he's been here even if the board's definition of talent and his definition of talent have differed.  He has managed our cap space very well.

So if he and DQ think bringing in a high dollar free agent is the way to go then I trust that the contract won't hurt us in the long run and whoever they being in will contribute.

I'm in the same place with Trufant and Freeman.  I love both of them, but if they can't make the money work I trust that TD and DQ will find players to fill those roles and keep us competitive.

So far they haven't given me a reason to believe otherwise.  

kiwifalcon and Knight of God like this

6 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

Easy. This year's madden though only generates trash LB and it annoys me

Haven't played in years...Lol. I did go to a workshop last year that touched on the cap. 

Yo_Lover likes this

4 hours ago, Bobby.Digital said:

Pats really aren't pushing all in though. The moves they made the last 2 days:

4th for Allen +6 (Fills Bennett departure)

Gilmore

Potentially Butler (27) for Cooks (23). Not to mention Butler is a FA next season while Cooks has two more years left. 

You know? I never did like the Pats but I suppose it's more a case of being sick of seeing them continue to be so successful. It's somebody's else's turn. That being said there's a beauty and a method to their madness in how they operate.

I was reading they had offered Bennett $7M/year earlier in the year and he turned it down. So he's looking to make $9M or so and he probably thought he had them over a barrel or had the upper hand. So what do they do? They trade for Allen who's a pretty good TE himself for a 4th rounder but they also got a 6th rounder from Indy. But if you look at the big picture there's more to it then that. Essentially this is what this move has done.

They traded a 4th rounder and in return got:

Allen, Indy's 6th rounder, saved about $5M/year in cap space for the switch of the two players, and will now get a compensatory pick by letting Bennett take a hike. The compensatory pick next year could turn out to be a 4th rounder but even so it's still a pick they'll get regardless.

No wonder this team stays afloat year after year.

Bobby.Digital likes this