since68andcounting

OK, so I re-watched it

92 posts in this topic

Great post, just wish it wasn't true! I  felt during the 2nd half as the game began to change that the fix was in. Might be paranoid, but makes it easier to deal with it.

quickzero and Falcster like this

1 hour ago, JOEinPHX said:

I can't decide if you're a masochist or a fabulist.

You call him a FABULIST, really!! You are trying to add ridicule to what he is saying, so that no one could possibly take his opinions seriously? Everything he said is absolute spot on. You seem to show-up whenever someone questions the genuineness of the NFL product, just like clockwork. I recommend everyone watch SB51 again, and last year's, and the one before that. They are all rigged!

Here is a clip from SB49,

JOEinPHX, I suggest you not view this.

Shannahan refused to adjust. Think your sick to your stomach to watch that thing again. I truly believe--and PMF gave me great insight on this--that TMQ has learned his lesson on knowing when to step in during a game. I see a Lombardi next time, refs or not. This game wasn't fixed. A FG was needed not a TD.

vitaman, Flying Falcon and caponine like this

The fact that New England was not called for offensive holding ONCE the entire game, when they ran 99 offensive plays is ******* ridiculous and flat out impossible. Anyone who thinks that game was called fairly is either an idiot, or a homer Patriots fan. 

Even though I thought the game was over, I completely agreed at the time with your assessment about the officiating. I even told my wife that in order to keep people from turning off the tv, they'd let NE get away with anything in the second half. That's why the key holding call against us was so frustrating. NE as flat out grabbing D-linemen but not getting flagged. A ratings decision accidentally flipped the outcome. I think that's one of the reasons I didn't go into a prolonged funk after the Super Bowl. I know we were the better team.

RoRo likes this

1 minute ago, jidady said:

Even though I thought the game was over, I completely agreed at the time with your assessment about the officiating. I even told my wife that in order to keep people from turning off the tv, they'd let NE get away with anything in the second half. That's why the key holding call against us was so frustrating. NE as flat out grabbing D-linemen but not getting flagged. A ratings decision accidentally flipped the outcome. I think that's one of the reasons I didn't go into a prolonged funk after the Super Bowl. I know we were the better team.

It's some percentage ratings, and some percentage just human nature.

When a team is down 20, you think "sure they held, but geez, they're having a rough game, I'll let that slide."  It's common obviously, but combined with a few lucky breaks, poor play by us, and bad playcalling at the end was enough.

slamee101 and jidady like this

30 minutes ago, osiruz said:

Why you gotta do this? 

If your struggling to cope you should probably not be on a Falcons site

2 hours ago, Cheap Talk said:

You call him a FABULIST, really!! You are trying to add ridicule to what he is saying, so that no one could possibly take his opinions seriously? Everything he said is absolute spot on. You seem to show-up whenever someone questions the genuineness of the NFL product, just like clockwork. I recommend everyone watch SB51 again, and last year's, and the one before that. They are all rigged!

Here is a clip from SB49,

JOEinPHX, I suggest you not view this.

Just put me down as believing the NFL isn't rigged.  Mistakes, sure.  Missed calls, absolutely.  Find me a player who thinks the game is rigged and we can talk some more.

capologist likes this

Posted (edited)

I was watching Packers game earlier. I still can't bring myself to watch the Super Bowl. Maybe I will one of these days... but only the first half

Edited by DirdieBirdieIndie

I'm still not ready to re-watch it. Not ready to relive the nightmare I never wake up from. I'm sure I will ever be ready. Maybe if we will a super bowl I can finally watch super bowl LI.

I watch highlights here and there but can't bring myself to watch their game-winning TD as I don't want to see their confetti drop.

Vic Beasley liked a tweet by the Patriots today when they called themselves the "comeback group" or something. Unbelievable. 

1 minute ago, ShmevinShmarris said:

Tell you what the first half is fun as **** to watch I've watched it like 5 times

This is why I haven't re-watched it yet but also haven't deleted it out of the TiVo's Deleted folder. We were the best the Falcons have ever been in that first half. It was magic.

1 hour ago, ShmevinShmarris said:

Tell you what the first half is fun as **** to watch I've watched it like 5 times

I've done that a few times with the 2012 NFCCG.  Could only bring myself to re-watch the whole game once.