Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SirrDooley

Calais Campbell 4 years 60M

54 posts in this topic

Are we still in it at that asking price?!? I've seen projections of him going 14-15M a year. Doubt anyone gives him more than 4, so with that said I doubt he is a falcon. Yes I know he made somewhere between 9-10M last year but that would be a low ball to him with how many teams have the cap space this year. I know this is off topic but I see him and alshon Jeffrey being bucs this year. 

Posted (edited)

5 minutes ago, SirrDooley said:

Are we still in it at that asking price?!? I've seen projections of him going 14-15M a year. Doubt anyone gives him more than 4, so with that said I doubt he is a falcon. Yes I know he made somewhere between 9-10M last year but that would be a low ball to him with how many teams have the cap space this year. I know this is off topic but I see him and alshon Jeffrey being bucs this year. 

Not very likely in my opinion. Quinn can draft his defense and sign mid-tier free agents on that side of the ball. If we make a splash it will be at RG.

Edited by Charles Lindberg

10 minutes ago, xskyx said:

Misleading clickbait topics make me wish we could have a downvote button like Reddit 

There used to be a dislike button!! 

But yeah, we're not getting Campbell. Too pricy for a veteran. If we break the bank, I want Zeitler.

16 minutes ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

But yeah, we're not getting Campbell. Too pricy for a veteran. If we break the bank, I want Zeitler.

30 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

C'mon man! I thought there was something saying we had signed him or something man!!!

16 minutes ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

Sorry I didn't mean to lead you guys on. I was reading on my phone and saw that he was looking for something like 6Y-85M, and knew no one would give him that much for that long. Based it on some realistic expectations, 4Y-60M sounds like the contract he will get. Just wanted to see how many of you would be still in with that ball Park price. 

Knight of God likes this

I thought he was going to get 4 yr 40 million, and at that price, he makes sense.  (Essentially the price of a Reed + Clayborn).  But at 15 per, that's crazy high.

SirrDooley likes this

1 hour ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

Wow, I forgot about that but you are right there sure was.

1 hour ago, Knight of God said:

C'mon man! I thought there was something saying we had signed him or something man!!!

If that were true, and it was $15,000,000 annually, I'd be pissed

30 year old FA asking for that he is outta his mind... yeah hes good but def not worth that! Pass!

Posted (edited)

4 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

Why would you be pissed about money that doesn't belong to you.

Valid point KOG...lol.  IMO we can find a better use for $15,000,000.  He is a beast, but I don't feel we need a high end FA signing right now.  We are a Super Bowl caliber team that just needs to add depth along the DL & LB corp...but we do need a RG and to keep Chester for depth.  Again, all this is just a fans opinion...and what the heck do I know.

Edited by Falconsin2012
Knight of God likes this

Just now, Falconsin2012 said:

Valid point KOG...lol.  IMO we can find a better use for $15,000,000.  He is a beast, but I don't feel we need a high end FA signing right now.  We are a Super Bowl caliber team that just needs to add depth along the DL, LB corp...but we do need a RG and kept Chester as depth.  Again, all this is just a fans opinion...and what the heck do I know.

Factually, I doubt we will. Enjoyment wise? Its fun to talk about.

Falconsin2012 likes this

1 minute ago, Knight of God said:

Factually, I doubt we will. Enjoyment wise? Its fun to talk about.

True enough my friend.  I should adopt your new approach and just sit back and enjoy.  I believe we now have people who know what they are doing...so I should shut up and enjoy the ride!!

Just now, Falconsin2012 said:

True enough my friend.  I should adopt your new approach and just sit back and enjoy.  I believe we now have people who know what they are doing...so I should shut up and enjoy the ride!!

The had two big time drafts. I mean, everyone looks good to me now. I love the idea of getting one of these big time DB's man, if we don't I will be slightly disappointed, but I'll get over it. QUICKLY...LOL!!!

Falconsin2012 likes this

11 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

Why would you be pissed about money that doesn't belong to you.

Exactly, way to many people on this mb worry about what the Falcons will spend. I believe they know what their doing.

6 minutes ago, caver50 said:

Exactly, way to many people on this mb worry about what the Falcons will spend. I believe they know what their doing.

They do. It will be fun if they get him. I just don't think they will. Would be nice to get one of those OG's over there in the FA. LOL!!!

46 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

They do. It will be fun if they get him. I just don't think they will. Would be nice to get one of those OG's over there in the FA. LOL!!!

When I thought we had nearly 30M this year instead of 18 or whatever, I was excited about getting an OG, a DT/DE (was hoping Campbell) and possibly a speed TE.

Now I have no idea what we have the money for. 

This is the beauty though, of a system, and of a teaching based coach.  We may get 2 or 3 "mid tier" guys who can become stars.  It ain't easy, but seems possible.  Nice to feel like they're going to get the best out of people.

22 minutes ago, takeitdown said:

When I thought we had nearly 30M this year instead of 18 or whatever, I was excited about getting an OG, a DT/DE (was hoping Campbell) and possibly a speed TE.

Now I have no idea what we have the money for. 

This is the beauty though, of a system, and of a teaching based coach.  We may get 2 or 3 "mid tier" guys who can become stars.  It ain't easy, but seems possible.  Nice to feel like they're going to get the best out of people.

Its just a bad year to do a total needs draft. BAD year...lol

Just now, Knight of God said:

Its just a bad year to do a total needs draft. BAD year...lol

Oh agreed.  Think we can cover a couple of needs in FA (hopefully).

Then we're looking at DL, offensive deep threat (likely TE, but could be big WR), and playmakers in general (could be S, could be LB, could be ...) in the draft, which is a pretty broad group.

Wouldn't be mad if we came out with TE, FS, DT in the first 3 of the draft, even though I expect something more like OG, DT, DE.

1 hour ago, Falconsin2012 said:

No way man throw your 10 cents in give it a stir and see what happens.