Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
atl falcon 89

Atlanta United

59 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

This is the first Atlanta sports contest that I have watched since the Super Bowl. 

Yeah, I wasn't ready.

I can't be too mad. The team clearly has next to no chemistry at the moment but flashed enough potential to get excited about, which is also about the most Atlanta sports thing possible.

atl falcon 89 likes this

Hate that this ref was chosen for our first game tho. He was at the Dome summer before last, during the Gold Cup and I'm 75% sure if you check his bank account there's probably some cartel money in there

Although if this game was fixed you'd have to think we would have certainly  won.

Just saying somebody like that probably shouldn't have been picked for a milestone event in the same city

We looked really good on the counter and our young South Americans flashed some ball skills. Once we figure out how to play with each other on football turf, we should have something.

They're going to be fun to watch that's for sure. That's pretty much all I'm asking for is that they be competitive this year.

4 minutes ago, Maverick said:

They're going to be fun to watch that's for sure. That's pretty much all I'm asking for is that they be competitive this year.

They should be. Didn't think NY looked particular sharp but they are one of the favorites this year. We're absolutely in the playoff hunt picture. 

We also need to steal some games at Bobby Dodd before the mid season break once we're used to playing there. It's such a weird set up, the length and having the crowd right on top of you

Saw on Twitter that one of our traditions is going to be our teams man of the match goes to the end zone in front of the terminus legion after the game and hammers in a railroad spike into a board.(with a slot for each home game I'm guessing) I like the idea but seems like a broken finger waiting to happen

Not that they need their fingers :D

holymoses likes this

I said this in the TATF  Atl U thread tonight but in addition to maybe making a playoff run, one of the unique characteristics of soccer is you also have the US Open (which is our countries domestic tournament like the FA Cup in the BPL  ) and (down the road) North American champions league qualifications to look forward to 

Watched the first half with my oldest son and I can honestly say I'm not a fan of soccer.  Maybe I would gain more interest if I invested more.  

Add PSG to the epic Falcons/Warriors/Indians choke list.

Had a 4 goal lead coming into today, had 5-3 with an away goal with minutes to go and lost 6-5 to Barcelona 

3 minutes ago, atl falcon 89 said:

I love our South American mercenaries :D

They do look good so far. Need Moar Brazilians though.

No Idea Kenwyn Jones played for Atlanta. Now thats a name I thought I would never hear again.

I was really looking forward to the summer of baseball just cause the braves have so many quirky characters and styles that would be fun to watch but this might be the summer of soccer if they keep this up