Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
atl falcon 89

Atlanta United

59 posts in this topic

First game is tonight. AB splurged on South American talent so once they pick up some chemistry and learn to play on field turf we might have something even in year one

According to some of the talking heads at ESPN we've a pretty good shot at the playoffs (MLS is kinda like NBA in that respect it isn't overly difficult to make the dance), and Hercules Gomez says it's probably the most talented expansion team the league has ever fielded.

They play tonight 7:30 on FS1 against New York at Bobby Dodd. Should be an electric atmosphere

SkerFalcon8710 likes this

I'm looking forward to this. The impression I've gotten from the roster and coach is that this team will be similar to the Falcons: Heavily tilted to the offense while hoping the defense can do enough.

atl falcon 89 likes this

Just a heads up by the way they play Orlando City (natural regional rivalry) on July 30th opening up the MB Stadium,  it's a great chance to tour the stadium before preseason starts.

1 hour ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

I'm looking forward to this. The impression I've gotten from the roster and coach is that this team will be similar to the Falcons: Heavily tilted to the offense while hoping the defense can do enough.

Everything I hear about these South Americans, Villaba and Almiron in particular is very exciting. A lot of European club experience to go around too.

30k season tickets sold, this could be the beginning of something good if they can be competitive.

Actually had some tickets for tonight for myself but a family emergency cropped up and I had to pass them along. Will be glued to the TV though.

SkerFalcon8710 likes this

3 minutes ago, atl falcon 89 said:

Kicking myself for not going

C6Mru7sWQAA-MEB.jpg

Yea, I bet the atmosphere in that stadium is amazing!

2 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

This team has ridiculous counterattack ability.

Yeah we are in for some highlights when they can all get on the same page and finish