Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
VA F.O.

March 2017 UGA Recruiting Thread

113 posts in this topic

So Haselwood recorded a commitment interview with a Rivals staffer a month ago lol... there's a long way to go but he seems to be all Dawg. I'm excited to see how much better he gets over his next 2 seasons of high school ball.

My guess is this isn't a surprise to Smart and crew.... I think they have some bigger fish they are going after but still never like losing out on recruits like this 

Yeah, seriously, so much for Wray being the "vocal leader" for this class, and just struggling at it b/c he's out of state.

Posted (edited)

Wow.... total headscatcher given his comments all the way up until now. I have no idea what is going on, that's really unexpected to say the least.

Wray's dad said that they were not expecting his recruitment to blow up as much as it is and that he shouldn't have let Max commit so early. I don't think Kirby and Pittman will give up at all. Sounds like the family is going to examine their options, which I can't fault them for.

Edited by Carter

Posted (edited)

Meanwhile, in other (not awful) news, 2019 OLB JD Bertrand (#59 rank overall atm) received an offer from UGA today, and Rusty (followed by one other) immediately CB'd him to UGA.

It just seems like just about any (Pappoe being the exception I guess) GA player for 2019, who we show interest in, Rusty immediately predicts to us.

In counter-distinction to 2018, we seem to be being able to do pretty much whatever we please for 2019.

Edited by VA F.O.

4 minutes ago, VA F.O. said:

Meanwhile, in other (not awful) news, 2019 OLB JD Bertrand (#59 rank overall atm) received an offer from UGA today, and Rusty (followed by one other) immediately CB'd him to UGA.

It just seems like just about any (Pappoe being the exception I guess) GA player for 2019, who we show interest in, Rusty immediately predicts to us.

In counter-distinction to 2018, we seem to be being able to do pretty much whatever we please for 2019.

Bertrand and his family are big Dawg fans. That in itself is a pretty common difference between a lot of the 2018 and 2019 guys.

Given what's going on with Wray though, I really can't feel too comfortable with early commits. I mean the guy was outwardly as solid as it gets and then boom.

7 hours ago, Carter said:

Bertrand and his family are big Dawg fans. That in itself is a pretty common difference between a lot of the 2018 and 2019 guys.

Given what's going on with Wray though, I really can't feel too comfortable with early commits. I mean the guy was outwardly as solid as it gets and then boom.

Kids.....and parents, friends and other players whispering into their ears. I know 25 years olds that are not sound when making decisions. Let them be 16-18 and most of them have no freakin idea what they want nor will stay focused. Because......wait for it.....they are kids.

Too early to start worrying about this 2018 class?  With 5 of the top 10 in state already committed, all to other schools, and several others of the remaining 5 leaning elsewhere, Kirby and co are going to have to really do some work if they want another top class. 

So basically (and feel free to point how wrong I am if so) what I've been seeing rumored on Wray is that this was more of a "family" decision than anything.

The rumor is that we apparently made some comments in conversation about Wray maybe playing inside, and his parents told him to back off his commitment. 

They also allegedly are interested in the idea of both brothers playing together, which is what Alabama is selling them on.

We have an "insider" on the Noah Cain recruitment.

UGA quality control coach Jay Valai has a genuine relationship with Cain. He tagged him in his tweets following his recent visit on March 3.

“Coach Jay Valai is one of the (quality control coaches) on the Georgia staff,” Cain said. “He just came on board like last year. He’d been training me in Texas since I was like 10 years old. He’s a big brother to me. I’ve known him for awhile and that relationship makes Georgia one of my top schools.”

That relationship seems significant.

“No other coach has that type of relationship I have built and I feel I have with Coach Jay,” Cain said. “That goes back to when I was young. I started training with him when I was like 10 or 11 years old. We talk about more than football. We talk about life. When we get the chance to talk, we talk about how our families are doing. He cares about me really developing as a young man and my personal development about so much more than football. … He was really happy for me when I finally got that Georgia offer.”

https://www.dawgnation.com/football/recruiting/georgia-strong-tie-noah-cain-nations-top-back-2019?utm_campaign=SF_dawgnation

Nolan Smith II, his IMG teammate, is already committed to UGA in his class.

Cain said to already look for him to take a trip this fall to check out a home game.

“They need to go ahead and put him on the payroll,” Cain said. “This dude is recruiting guys out of the woodwork. Dudes who don’t have offers. Dudes who are already considering Georgia. The man is always working. He wants the whole IMG team at Georgia. We have class together and he’s like ‘Hey, man how about Georgia?’ every day. I can tell that dude is already 110 percent committed to Georgia every day.”