TonyMartin80

Words 4 Kyle Shanahan

67 posts in this topic

I think Kyle Shanahan deserves credit for all he did for the Falcons. He helped create the greatest Falcons offense ever by bringing in Gabriel and Sanu. Freeman and Coleman did great under his system. I have nothing but respect for Shanahan. I think if Tevin Coleman had not have gotten injured KS would have drawn up a safer pass or run. Our offense is so much better when Tevin Coleman is around. He expands the playbook big time. Kyle Shanahan was the best OC we ever had because of the talent he brought in that fit his system. Yes he made a bad call to not run but he was just trusting the MVP QB to make something happen.

1 hour ago, Yo_Lover said:

He screwed us out of a iSitle. **** him.

You can't blame the loss on one person. EVERYBODY Is equally to blame. Kyle does not call defense. They should have atleast stopped a 2 point conversion. Special teams could have done more. Matthews holding call. Freeman missed a blocking assignment. Coleman got hurt. Mack had a bad leg. Matt Ryan could have thrown a ball away. Quinn could have overuled the play call. 

Jerz, quickzero, PokerSteve and 1 other like this

1 hour ago, slamee101 said:

giphy.gif

I don't care what that offense did during the season.  He p*ssed away the chance to make history for this city and this team andiMhe was a jerk anyway.  Good riddance.

1 hour ago, slamee101 said:

giphy.gif

I don't care what that offense did during the season.  He p*ssed away the chance to make history for this city and this team and he was a jerk anyway.  Good riddance.

He did not lose the game the whole team did. Defense could have stopped a 2 pt conversion.Somebody on that roster should have made a play to put the final nail In the coffin. Didn't happen. But I am proud the way they battled to quote DQ.

1 minute ago, TonyMartin80 said:

He did not lose the game the whole team did. Defense could have stopped a 2 pt conversion.Somebody on that roster should have made a play to put the final nail In the coffin. Didn't happen. But I am proud the way they battled to quote DQ.

Yea, personally I think the players played their tails off.  Played well enough to get the W.  That New England got on the board or made a run wasn't a shock or unexpected.  However, there is a difference between not getting a stop or not making a play which will happen in the course of a game and not doing something (that I won't recant here because we all know the scenario) that was basically common sense.  He blew it.

apl2g, quickzero, putnam6 and 7 others like this

Kyle was GREAT but he showed what many whispered about him on the biggest stage, he let his ego over rule logic. He totally loss this just wasn't another game it was the SB and who was over on the other sideline. Now he will be forever remembered as the OC who took away one of the greatest opportunies this City will ever have!

26 minutes ago, Gold4425 said:

Kyle was GREAT but he showed what many whispered about him on the biggest stage, he let his ego over rule logic. He totally loss this just wasn't another game it was the SB and who was over on the other sideline. Now he will be forever remembered as the OC who took away one of the greatest opportunies this City will ever have!

Doesn't the defense deserve some of the blame? They could have made a stop. Brady did not have Gronk. He is not loaded with weapons like Matt Ryan is.

Riser Upper likes this

8 hours ago, TonyMartin80 said:

I think Kyle Shanahan deserves credit for all he did for the Falcons. He helped create the greatest Falcons offense ever by bringing in Gabriel and Sanu. Freeman and Coleman did great under his system. I have nothing but respect for Shanahan. I think if Tevin Coleman had not have gotten injured KS would have drawn up a safer pass or run. Our offense is so much better when Tevin Coleman is around. He expands the playbook big time. Kyle Shanahan was the best OC we ever had because of the talent he brought in that fit his system. Yes he made a bad call to not run but he was just trusting the MVP QB to make something happen.

While I agree with all of this, I still would feel a little bit better if I could kick him in the nuts.  Yes it's petty, yes it's childless but hey....we all have our moments.  Mine has lasted since the last 4 minutes of the Super Bowl.

-Falcon4Ever- likes this

7 hours ago, JulioJones#1 said:

Doesn't the defense deserve some of the blame? They could have made a stop. Brady did not have Gronk. He is not loaded with weapons like Matt Ryan is.

I couldn't disagree with this statement more.  Pats have perfect pieces for the offense they run and can hit you a number of ways.  Before our OC and QB figured things out this season, people would have considered Free and Julio as weapons and that's it.  Now all of a sudden MR has all these weapons, my opinion is it had as much to do with scheme, personnel fit, play calling, and a QB willing to spread the ball around more than us being loaded with weapons.   We have players that fill the roles we need them to fill.

7 hours ago, JulioJones#1 said:

I think Quinn said the defense had double digit TFLs, something like 5 sacks, and a pick 6 against the best offense in the AFC and the GOAT. How much more would you expect them to do? Maybe Beasley grab that pick in the end zone. But I just can't hang this loss on the defense. They played fantastic.

Kyle is the devil. He shows you something, then takes it back and give you something worse. Just look at 1st half of the SB vs 2nd half of the SB.

What happened to those Freeman stretch runs? Short passes? Everything he did in the 1st half? He got away from that after scoring 28 points.

9 hours ago, Yo_Lover said:

He screwed us out of a title. **** him.

This is just the worst type of fan take. 

rings639 likes this

1 minute ago, Flying Falcon said:

Kyle is the devil. He shows you something, then takes it back and give you something worse. Just look at 1st half of the SB vs 2nd half of the SB.

How do you even wake up every morning knowing you're this bad at watching sports?

9 minutes ago, Duff_Man said:

How do you even wake up every morning knowing you're this bad at watching sports?

Why do you wake up every morning? Answer that and I'll let you know.

If we wont the superbowl OR if he was not one of the biggest reasons we lost a 25 point lead...I would of course agree with you.

Unfortunately we lost AND he was a primary responsible party.

3 minutes ago, Duff_Man said:

Blaming one guy for a loss in the NFL is just...ugh. It's knee-jerk.

Not knee jerk when you see what play calls were made in crunch time in that game.

10 hours ago, Yo_Lover said:

He screwed us out of a title. **** him.

I'll never forgive him for it either **** him 

Yo_Lover likes this