Spectre

Trump - Russia Thread

739 posts in this topic

The main Trump thread was a little crowded, and I feel this subject deserved special attention. I think this compilation from Reddit would make a nice intro to the subject. 

Here's a link to a master document containing just about everything known about the Trump-Russia scandal, which is updated as more is found out. 

The Intelligence Community - 

Trump - 

Russia -

Flynn (National Security Advisor) - RESIGNED - 

Michael Cohen (Attorney) - 

Paul Manafort (Campaign Advisor) - RESIGNED - 

Carter Page (Advisor) - RESIGNED - 

Rex Tillerson (Secretary of State)

DNC Hack - 

Russia was directly responsible for the hack according to all government sources we have and additional independent sources that worked on behalf of the DNC. We've since announced sanctions and additional retaliation for those actions. If we see sanctions getting rolled back at all its more or less the final nail in the coffin. Everything since the Dossier seems to confirm the info in the Dossier. Or we just happen to have an awful lot of Russia ties for seemingly no reason at all.

Recommended reading: Opinion piece by a well-known, pro-American hacker Jester

big_dog likes this

5 hours ago, Carter said:

putin-o.gif

r7H9Ilu.gif

"Oh h€ll, someone was smart enough to put all this together and expose my relationship with Trump. It was always rumored but the deeper they looked the more obvious it has become. I don,t know whether to laugh, cry or just puke. I know deep down inside my comrad Trump has to be sweating bullets wondering when he is taken down. His hiding of his tax returns won't help him now that investigators figured out another way to catch him".  :munch:

1 hour ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

1 hour ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

NnoGhN1.gif

Anyone too dense to see there is a serious problem for POTUS  is blind as a bat. I wish no bad on Trump but he made his bed and he'll have to lay in it. Just sayin'.

I don't know if it's in those links, but the timeline of the Flynn phone calls is suspicious as ****.

The intelligence community, in unison, comes out and declares that Russia was behind the hacking, that Putin authorized it, and that over the course of the semester Putin's goal became to help Trump win the election (because of a personal beef with Clinton). 

Trump calls all of that "ridiculous" and flat out denies any Russian involvement with the hacking.

In late December, Obama imposes sanctions on Russia in response to the hacking.  Russia immediately promises to retaliate, which they have done in response to every other past diplomatic sanction in the past.

That same day, and the day after, Flynn talks with the Russian ambassador.  His conversation includes a discussion about those sanctions (we don't know how long or how deeply the conversation was, though).

During that same period of time, Russia announces that it would take no retaliatory actions.

Trump tweets a congratulation to Putin for not reacting, calling him a "smart man".  

Is it possible all of this is innocuous?  Of course, but it's also possible that this was the Trump people directing Russian foreign policy behind the scenes.  

Funny enough, the Trump people haven't denied that this latter scenario was possible.  Trump's reaction was that it was okay and he would have ordered Flynn to have those conversations if he hadn't.  That's a problem.

This is interesting:

Paul Manafort’s family expressed misgivings about the political consultant’s work for both Russia-aligned Ukrainian strongman Viktor Yanukovych and Donald Trump, according to text messages allegedly hacked from one of his daughters' phones.

The texts, posted on a darknet website run by a hacktivist collective, appear to show Manafort’s family fretting about the ethics, safety and consequences of his work for Yanukovych. And they reveal that Manafort’s two daughters regarded their father’s emergence as a key player on Trump’s presidential campaign with a mixture of pride and embarrassment.

In one exchange, daughter Jessica Manafort writes “Im not a trump supporter but i am still proud of dad tho. He is the best at what he does.” Her sister Andrea Manafort responded by referring to their father’s relationship with Trump as “The most dangerous friendship in America,” while in another exchange she called them “a perfect pair” of “power-hungry egomaniacs,” and asserted “the only reason my dad is doing this campaign is for sport. He likes the challenge. It's like an egomaniac's chess game. There's no money motivation.” 

By contrast, the Manafort daughters and their mother seemed much more unsettled about Paul Manafort’s work as a political consultant for Yanukovych’sRussia-backed Party of Regions, which is a subject of renewed interest among investigators probing possible links between Trump’s campaign and Russia.

In one March 2015 exchange that appears to be between the two sisters, Andrea Manafort seems to suggest that their father bore some responsibility for the deaths of protesters at the hands of police loyal to Yanukovych during a monthslong uprising that started in late 2013. 

“Don't fool yourself,” Andrea Manafort wrote. “That money we have is blood money.”

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/02/manaforts-ukrainian-blood-money-caused-qualms-hack-suggests-235473

1 minute ago, Spectre said:

The tinfoil hat insults don't hold up when Congress and our intelligence services find it a relevant topic. Grow up. 

I am grown thank you very much.  There's a lot of "relevant topics" that are rabbit holes to nowhere.  Until there's actually something to it, it's nothing more than conspiracy level stuff...

5 minutes ago, capologist said:

Until there's actually something to it,

There is actually something to it, despite your lack of concern for the facts.

Leon Troutsky likes this

7 minutes ago, capologist said:

I am grown thank you very much.  There's a lot of "relevant topics" that are rabbit holes to nowhere.  Until there's actually something to it, it's nothing more than conspiracy level stuff...

Read the timeline that I posted.  That's something.

2 minutes ago, eatcorn said:

There is actually something to it, despite your lack of concern for the facts.

That's your opinion and you are certainly entitled to it.

1 minute ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Read the timeline that I posted.  That's something.

Flynn has already been cleared of wrongdoing other than either lying to Pence or "not remembering" and was asked to resign for it.  Like I said, I'm not interested in "darknet hacktivist" info.  It's like arguing who shot Kennedy.  Until there's something there, there's nothing there...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but former Presidents, congressman, and our nation's intelligence services weren't sitting around asking about needing answers about who shot Kennedy months after it happened. 

If you don't care, and that's all, why do you feel the need to insult me? Clearly you're bothered by this subject. 

WOR and Leon Troutsky like this

2 minutes ago, capologist said:

That's your opinion and you are certainly entitled to it.

Flynn has already been cleared of wrongdoing other than either lying to Pence or "not remembering" and was asked to resign for it.  Like I said, I'm not interested in "darknet hacktivist" info.  It's like arguing who shot Kennedy.  Until there's something there, there's nothing there...

So was Hillary Clinton.  Was all the criticism about her use of a private email server tin foil hat stuff?

What Flynn did was absolutely wrong.  It might not be enough to prosecute him, but you can't say there was no wrongdoing when the timeline strongly suggests the possibility that Trump's people were directing Russia's response to Obama's sanctions.  It also raises serious concerns about Trump's relationship with Russia.  Couple that with all of the connections between his top people and Russia, your dismissal of it seems silly.

2 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

So was Hillary Clinton.  Was all the criticism about her use of a private email server tin foil hat stuff?

What Flynn did was absolutely wrong.  It might not be enough to prosecute him, but you can't say there was no wrongdoing when the timeline strongly suggests the possibility that Trump's people were directing Russia's response to Obama's sanctions.  It also raises serious concerns about Trump's relationship with Russia.  Couple that with all of the connections between his top people and Russia, your dismissal of it seems silly.

It's also quote irritating to hear people who claim that there were 3-5 million illegal votes cast, and that we need an investigation into that, claim that we don't need an investigation into the admin's ties to Russia until we have proof. 

Just now, eatcorn said:

It's also quote irritating to hear people who claim that there were 3-5 million illegal votes cast, and that we need an investigation into that, claim that we don't need an investigation into the admin's ties to Russia until we have proof. 

Yeah, no doubt.  Cappy never made that claim that I've seen, but there are certainly lots of people on the boards who have done that.  

29 minutes ago, Spectre said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but former Presidents, congressman, and our nation's intelligence services weren't sitting around asking about needing answers about who shot Kennedy months after it happened. 

If you don't care, and that's all, why do you feel the need to insult me? Clearly you're bothered by this subject. 

Actually, they were, hence the Warren Report from the Warren Commission.  

Not sure where you are getting a personal insult from.  Me posting a picture of Weird Al in a tinfoil hat is not a personal insult especially when it doesn't have your name attached to it.  The picture is making light of the subject matter not any particular poster so lighten up Francis...

Charles Lindberg likes this

31 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Yeah, no doubt.  Cappy never made that claim that I've seen, but there are certainly lots of people on the boards who have done that.  

Nope, never backed that claim.  Until there's proof, there's nothing to it.

4 minutes ago, capologist said:

Nope, never backed that claim.  Until there's proof, there's nothing to it.

Do you believe that the information we have warrants investigation into the matter?

36 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Appears to be a rabbit hole at this point with Hillary although the Wikileaks stuff is proof that she was a player in getting questions early, etc.  While that isn't criminal (I don't think), it's certainly unethical.

I'm not certain Flynn did anything unethical.  According to what I've read, it's already been stated that nothing nefarious was in the phone calls with Flynn.  Like I said a dozen other times, when there's something actually there other than speculation and theories, I'll be glad to listen but right now, that's all there is.  In other words, I'm letting it all play out before I declare it anything other than a witch hunt...

Charles Lindberg likes this

7 hours ago, Spectre said:

The tinfoil hat insults don't hold up when Congress and our intelligence services find it a relevant topic. Grow up. 

:lol:

Repeat after me ... no evidence, as much as you want Trump gone.  I'll let you in on  a little secret, you'll only have to wait 8 more years for Trump to be gone.  Then you can deal with Ivanka ;)

OK , all of you conspiracy nuts,  listen up. Form a single line, run as fast as you can, and go tell the King, THE SKY IS FALLING.