Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
g-dawg

PFT: Chiefs working on contract to make Eric Berry highest paid safety in the NFL

29 posts in this topic

22 hours ago, g-dawg said:

Yet there was post after post on "Eric Berry won't play for franchise tag" and "Falcons should get him" just like two years ago with Justin Houston.

These players rarely, almost never, make it to free agency.

And yet we have talented guys and our fans don't want to pay them they'd rather go to FA and pay someone else lol..

Whats going on there needs to be an enquiry hahahaha.

g-dawg likes this

2 hours ago, Since1990 said:

Only half of TATF in mourning... The other half of us knew KC would never let him walk and therefore didn't get our hopes up.

thus, the word "half"

I might be the only person that didn't want Berry...

He's the best safety in the league, if not cetainly top 5 and dude graduated from my high school.  I grew up in Fairburn and the work he's done for the town has been heroic.  But I would rather the team draft another safety or roll with Allen and focus on pass rush.

After seeing Quinn and Dimitroff produce through the draft and sign key free agents I don't see the benefit of paying big money free agents.  Draft good talent and we'll be fine.

2 hours ago, Waterjabbers said:

I might be the only person that didn't want Berry...

He's the best safety in the league, if not cetainly top 5 and dude graduated from my high school.  I grew up in Fairburn and the work he's done for the town has been heroic.  But I would rather the team draft another safety or roll with Allen and focus on pass rush.

After seeing Quinn and Dimitroff produce through the draft and sign key free agents I don't see the benefit of paying big money free agents.  Draft good talent and we'll be fine.

yeah, I would love to have had Berry - but 6yrs $78mm is a rich deal.  I think like $40mm was guaranteed and that is a lot to guarantee for a 28 year old.

I don't want to pay a safety that much.   If we go out and sign these top guys we are going to have to let some of our YOUNG guys go in a few years - and I don't want to do that.   While many of these teams are still trying to get to 90% of the salary cap, there is just too much free agent money out there in the open market.