Falconsfan567

MLB Spring Training

51 posts in this topic

Cubs gave Kris Bryant a record salary for a second year player. Bryant will make $1.05M in 2017. The previous record was $1M by Trout.

Rockies SP Chad Bettis announced his cancer has spread. He will leave the team to undergo chemotherapy. Bettis led the Rockies with 14 wins last season. Doctors said Bettis has a 90% chance to survive but expect Bettis to miss all of 2017. Bettis is hopeful he'll get to play at some point this season.

Brewers beat Seattle 24-3 today. Former Brave Ryan Weber allowed 8 hits and 8 runs in 0.1 innings.

Just now, Unkn0wn said:

Cards RP Jordan Schafer suffers a setback in his new career.

It's official then...he's a pitcher.

On 3/9/2017 at 9:52 PM, Unkn0wn said:

Cubs gave Kris Bryant a record salary for a second year player. Bryant will make $1.05M in 2017. The previous record was $1M by Trout.

I understand Kris Bryant being a 2nd year guy but, where do they get Mike Trout being a 2nd year player when he made his first $1 million dollar season?  I have him being in his 4th season when he made his first $1 mullion dollar season in 2014.  What am I missing? 

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/t/troutmi01.shtml

http://www.spotrac.com/mlb/los-angeles-angels-of-anaheim/mike-trout-8553/cash-earnings/

22 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

I understand Kris Bryant being a 2nd year guy but, where do they get Mike Trout being a 2nd year player when he made his first $1 million dollar season?  I have him being in his 4th season when he made his first $1 mullion dollar season in 2014.  What am I missing? 

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/t/troutmi01.shtml

http://www.spotrac.com/mlb/los-angeles-angels-of-anaheim/mike-trout-8553/cash-earnings/

You're not calculating it right. Kris Bryant is going into his 3rd season. So that means he's getting his contract with 2 years of MLB experience. i.e. 2nd year player.

Mike Trout was going into his 3rd season in 2014. So that means he got his contract with 2 years of MLB experience. i.e. 2nd year player. Trout was still considered a rookie in 2012, so 2012, 2013. Years 1 and 2.

3 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

You're not calculating it right. Kris Bryant is going into his 3rd season. So that means he's getting his contract with 2 years of MLB experience. i.e. 2nd year player.

Mike Trout was going into his 3rd season in 2014. So that means he got his contract with 2 years of MLB experience. i.e. 2nd year player. Trout was still considered a rookie in 2012, so 2012, 2013. Years 1 and 2.

But he got the $1 million in his 3rd season though right?  Or am I missing that?  That what the link showed?

Just now, WhenFalconsWin said:

But he got the $1 million in his 3rd season though right?  Or am I missing that?  That what the link showed?

Yes, it was his 3rd season. But he was awarded the contract based on having just 2 years MLB service time.

2017 will be Kris Bryant's 3rd season. He's awarded his contract based on having just 2 years MLB service time.

WhenFalconsWin likes this

Just now, Falconsfan567 said:

Yes, it was his 3rd season. But he was awarded the contract based on having just 2 years MLB service time.

2017 will be Kris Bryant's 3rd season. He's awarded his contract based on having just 2 years MLB service time.

Gotcha

Thanks

Falconsfan567 likes this

Pirates Jung Ho Kang may miss 2017. He pleaded guilty to DUI back in December and received an 8 month suspended sentence. His application for a visa was denied and hes currently still in Korea. South Korea media reporting the Korean government believes Kang is a suspect in a DUI hit and run in another country besides the US and Korea. If so that would violate the terms for the suspended sentence. Kang might have to spend 8 months in a Korean jail.

2 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

Rangers and Rougned Odor agree to an extension. He gets 6 years $49.5M.

That's a steal for the Rangers just like the White Sox got a steal with Tim Anderson's deal.

Rays are installing new turf that will reportedly be better for the players and look better. They're spending $1M and Shaw Industries will provide the turf. It's the first pro stadium Shaw has put their turf in. They've done college stadiums and the Ravens practice facility. 

Falconsfan567 likes this

2 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

Rays are installing new turf that will reportedly be better for the players and look better. They're spending $1M and Shaw Industries will provide the turf. It's the first pro stadium Shaw has put their turf in. They've done college stadiums and the Ravens practice facility. 

The field may look better but nothing can help that horrendous stadium. Whoever built that place back in the 1980s had absolutely no idea how to build an MLB stadium.

23 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

The field may look better but nothing can help that horrendous stadium. Whoever built that place back in the 1980s had absolutely no idea how to build an MLB stadium.

It really is as bad it looks on TV. I went to a game a few years ago and I can understand why nobody attends. The stadium is crappy, in a bad spot and the parking was even crappy. The best thing I can about them was they had a fast food version of Outback Steakhouse.

1 minute ago, Unkn0wn said:

It really is as bad it looks on TV. I went to a game a few years ago and I can understand why nobody attends. The stadium is crappy, in a bad spot and the parking was even crappy. The best thing I can about them was they had a fast food version of Outback Steakhouse.

I've never been to a game there but I've driven by the outside of the stadium and yeah it's in a terrible spot.

AJ Pierzynski has joined Fox. He'll be the analyst for Fox broadcast with Kenny Albert and Ken Rosenthal.

Former Braves Jhoulys Chacin and Erick Aybar have made the Padres team. Chacin is actually the Opening Day starter for San Diego. 

Jays are reportedly considering releasing Melvin Upton. Padres are the team on the hook for most of the money. 

Mets Familia has been suspended 15 games for domestic violence.

1 hour ago, Unkn0wn said:

Jays are reportedly considering releasing Melvin Upton. Padres are the team on the hook for most of the money. 

Mets Familia has been suspended 15 games for domestic violence.

Alright, why did Familia only get 15 games when Chapman got 30 games last year? What's the difference?