ssj5gal

NEVER FORGET

37 posts in this topic

30 minutes ago, octoslash said:

Maybe the most painful single loss ever. 

But considering most of us figured we'd go 6-10 at best.....I would rather go through that super bowl loss than be Buffalo, who went FOUR TIMES IN A ROW only to get beat FOUR TIMES IN A ROW. 

There's no way we're worse off than that.  (Not yet...god forbid) 

We'll get it.   We will get it .

Exactly. I work with a guy who is a Buffalo fan. When I was trying to make sense of what happened he simply said," come talk to me when you do that 4 times in a row." 

3 hours ago, Drunken Minotaur Zebra said:

I don't get this type of reaction.

People had us going 5-11 to 10-6 at best and maybe a 1 and done in the playoffs at absolute best. WTF are you whining about? 

We now have an NFL MVP, 2 NFC champ trophies, and a slew of all-pro and pro-bowlers, and our team is YOUNG. Matt Ryan has at minimum 4 good years in him as long as he stays healthy. This is nothing compared to our ceiling. 

Be happy. 

Exactly. Best season in Atlanta Falcons history!! How can people be so bizzaroly upset?

8 hours ago, Theyhateme : ) said:

Having said that....it's the effing worse lose in the history of professional sports....after we had EVERYTHING going for us since the friggin KC game....

Not that painful at all really.

Why you'd want to keep reliving it then maybe but like some have mentioned here.Its not that bigger deal.

Falconsfan567 likes this

6 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Exactly. Best season in Atlanta Falcons history!! How can people be so bizzaroly upset?

Could be like the Chicago Cubs or Boston Red Sox and not win in a 100 yeas lol..

Or maybe we can do what they did and a lot of baseball teams do buy championship argh nek minute salary cap lol.

Gotta laugh man fans act like they played the game to me I love our team but it's fun in the end it's know big deal if they win or lose.There my team I ride with them regardless.

Falconsfan567 likes this

3 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

Could be like the Chicago Cubs or Boston Red Sox and not win in a 100 yeas lol..

Or maybe we can do what they did and a lot of baseball teams do buy championship argh nek minute salary cap lol.

Gotta laugh man fans act like they played the game to me I love our team but it's fun in the end it's know big deal if they win or lose.There my team I ride with them regardless.

Thanks for being a shining example of having it all together.

I'm going to assume this thread isn't comparing losing the Super Bowl to the Holocaust. One should never be forgotten. The other should.

16 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Some of y'all take this stuff way too seriously. Its just not that important. I mean seriously? You are shamed?

lol this coming from a guy who's said they hated, wanted to punch and wished ill will on Tom Brady.

I have been a fan my entire life. I remember the 1980 playoff game against Dallas. After the loss to Denver in SB 33 I remember thinking, "Well, they were just better. Our day will come.".

Our star QB goes to federal prison for dogfighting and we're the laughingstock of the world, I remember thinking, "This is going to make it all the sweeter when we get that trophy"

2-5-17 destroyed what was left of that hope. I'll never live to see a championship. We'll never be that close again. I'll be ok. I have a family and other interests,  but thinking back on all the years of emotional investment and being positive that it's going to eventually happen and it will be glorious, then all at once realizing that it will never happen still leaves me physically ill. I'm nauseous as I type this. It's like learning one of the fundamental truths in your life was a lie all along.

I see the young people here being optimistic and that's great. Young people should be optimistic. I'm hoping some would rub off on me but I realize my time for that has passed. All I can do is wish them better fortune than I have had with my emotional investment in this team. 

nitrojiber likes this

4 hours ago, Malachore said:

lol this coming from a guy who's said they hated, wanted to punch and wished ill will on Tom Brady.

I was just venting.

As a fan : "Just forget it, football is not real life, it is only a game". There is a reason the NFL plays season after season, and that is to decide which team is best for that given season. The Falcons lost, get over it. The very last thing a player needs in the NFL is playing on the field with doubt thinking about how they failed on any given play. 

Cheers!