ssj5gal

NEVER FORGET

37 posts in this topic

Put this up in every locker, office and bathroom stall. **** put it over the water fountain. I haven't watched any sports since that day. Had a business trip to Atlanta and as soon as I got in Atlanta the weight of the shame fell over me. 

F*&K!!!

16938910_1412242572155760_7435079543121342742_n.jpg

2 hours ago, jamesmasen said:

I still haven't watched anything football since that day I still haven't been able to do it

watch the NFC championship if you have it. I've watched atleast the second half everyday for a week, and it has helped. 

quickzero likes this

2 hours ago, RazorWing said:

You know. I would like to forgot. I'm on to the 2017 season now.

Thank you that's how you get over it jump right in to off-season mode.

4 hours ago, ssj5gal said:

I don't even know how they move on. The shame is so great. Only a Superbowl win next year can EVER redeem such shame! ****!!!

raw.gif

I don't get this type of reaction.

People had us going 5-11 to 10-6 at best and maybe a 1 and done in the playoffs at absolute best. WTF are you whining about? 

We now have an NFL MVP, 2 NFC champ trophies, and a slew of all-pro and pro-bowlers, and our team is YOUNG. Matt Ryan has at minimum 4 good years in him as long as he stays healthy. This is nothing compared to our ceiling. 

Be happy. 

kiwifalcon and Falconsfan567 like this

1 hour ago, Drunken Minotaur Zebra said:

People had us going 5-11 to 10-6 at best and maybe a 1 and done in the playoffs at absolute best. WTF are you whining about? 

We now have an NFL MVP, 2 NFC champ trophies, and a slew of all-pro and pro-bowlers, and our team is YOUNG. Matt Ryan has at minimum 4 good years in him as long as he stays healthy. This is nothing compared to our ceiling. 

Be happy. 

Having said that....it's the effing worse lose in the history of professional sports....after we had EVERYTHING going for us since the friggin KC game....

Maybe the most painful single loss ever. 

But considering most of us figured we'd go 6-10 at best.....I would rather go through that super bowl loss than be Buffalo, who went FOUR TIMES IN A ROW only to get beat FOUR TIMES IN A ROW. 

There's no way we're worse off than that.  (Not yet...god forbid) 

We'll get it.   We will get it .

Sui_Generis and jas82487 like this

1 hour ago, Drunken Minotaur Zebra said:

Be happy. 

Based on your avatar, you appear to be a fairly young guy, correct?  Well imagine being a 35+ year fan, well past the age when you know that there are a lot less years in front of you than behind you, it gets harder to be happy.  Yes, I am happy with my life, and am really excited about the next few years, but man, the Falcon blew the **** out of it.  They will never be up by 25 points, late in the 3rd quarter of the Super Bowl again.  I am near 50, my Dad is near 80, and the one 'sporting event' we have wanted to see for decades is a Super Bowl victory.  Life goes on.  I'm good.  But at least 10 times a day I can't stop thinking about how the Falcons blew it.

egoprime II likes this

How many playoffs wins does Cowboys have in past 2 decades?????

Those pansies act if they are in superbowl every year....

Our dismal loss sucks.....but, we have to put thia in rear view.....move on!! Be proud of what they accomplished.

Lets be pragmatic here....as per every falcons fans and nfl analysts before 2016 season...we were not suppose to even make playoffs.