Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BCEagleATLFalcon

We Have The Best Fanbase Around!

55 posts in this topic

Very touching. Thanks for sharing.

We do have a great fan base. I doubt many fans  bases could have dealt with the trials and tribulations that this one has, but one thing for sure, once it does happen it will be so so sweet!

Class act as always Tandy!

Edited by Emmitt

Spoken like a true fan.  It was a pleasure reading this post. 

We ain't no fair weather fans here. I remember the times when people jumped on the Levy/Kelly Bills bandwagon, the Holgren/Favre Packers bandwagon, etc here in southern California. 

Where did all those people go? They`ve disappeared! Evaporated.

*Poof*

Here yesteryear,  gone today!

I will always fly the red and black. Now and until the day I die.  Super Bowl 51 does offer me an opportunity,  to pledge my allegiance to this team forever more. This game devastated me,  nearly brought me to tears.  But I didn't jump no bandwagon nor am I a finicky wavering fair weather fan either. 

After 45 years, if that super bowl didn't make me burn all my gear and leave this board forever, nothing will.   Fans of other teams can laugh at us all they want for all the times the Falcons have screwed the pooch...but they can never laugh at US for being fans and sticking with the team, for one simple reason:  THAT'S WHAT TRUE FANS DO.  WE STICK.  NO MATTER WHAT.

6 minutes ago, octoslash said:

After 45 years, if that super bowl didn't make me burn all my gear and leave this board forever, nothing will.   Fans of other teams can laugh at us all they want for all the times the Falcons have screwed the pooch...but they can never laugh at US for being fans and sticking with the team, for one simple reason:  THAT'S WHAT TRUE FANS DO.  WE STICK.  NO MATTER WHAT.

I ain't going no where! I don't know how not to be a Falcon fan. It's what I am. 

octoslash likes this

I play spades and poker online quite a bit, and let me tell you, the amount of Falcon related avatars I've seen AFTER the Super Bowl has actually given me chills.  If I had to guestimate, I'd say around 20 or so, "In Brotherhood" avs I've seen, not to mention another handful of selfies in the Georgia Dome.  One guy even had a selfie on the sideline after the NFCCG, I could tell by the confetti on the field.  I've been able to strike up some good conversations with some of these people, added them to my friends lists in their respected games.

And to be honest... I don't remember seeing a single Patriots av.

21 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

I ain't going no where! I don't know how not to be a Falcon fan. It's what I am. 

Right? 

Someone actually suggested to me after the Super Bowl that I should simply become a Patriots fan. He was completely serious. And he was a perfect example of the type of lukewarm bandwagon Pats fan that is everywhere up here.

Switching team allegiances - deciding to root for the Pats, for example, simply because I live in Boston and they usually win a ton of games - is literally unimaginable to me.

The Falcons are my team forever.

And when we finally win it, it is going to be so, so, so, so sweet. Sweet in a way that the type of Pats "fan" I described above could never even begin to comprehend.

2 hours ago, BCEagleATLFalcon said:

Before the Super Bowl, when the Boston Globe printed an article that denounced the Falcon fanbase as weak, I wrote back a pretty strong-worded rebuttal. 

There's a part of it that turned out more prophetic than I ever could have realized at the time:

"Should we lose on February 5th, it would hurt. Ache. Devastate. But Falcons fans would endure. We would be back. We are not perched on the precarious wood of any bandwagon."

Well d*mn if this hasn't hurt, ached, and devastated over the past two weeks.

BUT our fanbase is just as strong as I argued it was in my letter, and everyone on this message board has proven it. I wouldn't have been able to make it through that first week of having to walk all over Boston without being able to come on here and "hang out" with all my fellow fans.

And @Tandy, because she's one of the greatest people and coolest Falcons fans around, sent me something pretty amazing to keep carrying me through up here:

IMG_4803_zpsccm8mamh.jpg

If you can't quite make out the bottom, it says Massachusetts Chapter.

I've worn this all day in my office since its arrival. I'm going to wear this every chance I get this off-season. I'm going to wear this to our game at Gillette in 2017. I'm going to wear this all through the next season.

If any Patriots fans want to come at me about it, let 'em. That game was awful, but I feel ZERO shame about being a Falcons fan. In fact, I strongly believe we are the TRUER fanbase, sticking with our team through thick and thin. Somebody's got to keep holding down the fort up here in New England, and I am proud to do it.

Thank you so so much, Tandy. You are the best!!!

You rock that hoodie BC!

34 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

I'm kinda digging the feelings on this board lately.  Emotionally, I didn't follow the same path that some of the folks on here did (I never had the "I'm done" feeling), but I think most of us have had a similar last few weeks.  I think I empathize with BC more than most (it's lonely being a Falcons fan in Seattle or Boston), as those around us don't feel the way the fan base in Atlanta does, but we all know how hard it's been, or how hard it still is for those of us who aren't out of the hole yet.

I've had a lot of strong emotions this month.  After the game, the strongest was probably something like despair, but there were a lot of them and not all were bad.  It felt like it would take longer than it has, but I'm really happy the bad feelings faded and left PRIDE as the strongest one I'm feeling today.  Yes, I'm still bummed, and disappointed, and frustrated, and all those other negatives, but those have faded into the background.  Now, more than any of that, I am PROUD of my team.

Cheers to a **** of a season, everyone.  

16 minutes ago, BCEagleATLFalcon said:

Right? 

Someone actually suggested to me after the Super Bowl that I should simply become a Patriots fan. He was completely serious. And he was a perfect example of the type of lukewarm bandwagon Pats fan that is everywhere up here.

Switching team allegiances - deciding to root for the Pats, for example, simply because I live in Boston and they usually win a ton of games - is literally unimaginable to me.

And when we finally win it, it is going to be so, so, so, so sweet. Sweet in a way that the type of Pats "fan" I described above could never even begin to comprehend.

So true! To be a fan of a team that has been so up and down and full of drama over the years, to be a fan as long as some of us has been, to be questioned about whether or not we are true fans? Well.....kinda pizzes me off! I could have dropped this team Yearsssssssssssssssssss Ago for another one....but I didn't. Am I stupid?.....maybe....but am I a fan......He** yeah!

BCEagleATLFalcon likes this

2 minutes ago, MrCasual said:

It is funny we do have a lot of bandwagon fans, I live in Ohio so I don't have to hear much as everyone here is usually a steelers or browns fan.

Just remember not every pats fan is a bandwagon fan and some of us started watching when the pats had losing records.

Really enjoyed watching your team and I think you guys will make it back to a few super bowls over the next few years (hopefully we do as well and I hope we win) . I can't wait for our next matchup!!!

For sure. There are some people who have stuck with them since WAAYYYYY before Tom Brady. Nothin' but respect for those fans.

But no doubt the bandwagon is strong up here!!!!

Crazy Trav likes this

1 hour ago, BCEagleATLFalcon said:

Right? 

No way they can be as emotionally invested as we are with the ability to change teams like I change shoes.

55 minutes ago, Kerwin said:

I'm kinda digging the feelings on this board lately.  Emotionally, I didn't follow the same path that some of the folks on here did (I never had the "I'm done" feeling), but I think most of us have had a similar last few weeks.  I think I empathize with BC more than most (it's lonely being a Falcons fan in Seattle or Boston), as those around us don't feel the way the fan base in Atlanta does, but we all know how hard it's been, or how hard it still is for those of us who aren't out of the hole yet.

I've had a lot of strong emotions this month.  After the game, the strongest was probably something like despair, but there were a lot of them and not all were bad.  It felt like it would take longer than it has, but I'm really happy the bad feelings faded and left PRIDE as the strongest one I'm feeling today.  Yes, I'm still bummed, and disappointed, and frustrated, and all those other negatives, but those have faded into the background.  Now, more than any of that, I am PROUD of my team.

Cheers to a **** of a season, everyone.  

I am already looking forward to next season. 

This year took the place of 1980, I have to admit, as the worse sports feeling I have ever had, but like I stated above, I am not going anywhere.

and for those that can leave that easily....

e244e754581ca6f9b21213940704cb89.jpg.3dc9b4918d66a15ebf526da37cab18a4.jpg

Edited by Ezekiel 25:17
Emmitt likes this

2 hours ago, octoslash said:

Been a fan since 86 (not near as long as some of you) and lived in Texas the whole time. It's been rough, but it's always been entertaining. Didn't quit during the Vick debacle, so I'm definitely not quitting now. Especially when the Falcons have the best roster ever assembled in Falcons history.

These WILL be great times. We WILL have the last laugh. This past year just created a monster, forged a BROTHERHOOD. 

7 hours ago, BCEagleATLFalcon said:

Before the Super Bowl, when the Boston Globe printed an article that denounced the Falcon fanbase as weak, I wrote back a pretty strong-worded rebuttal. 

There's a part of it that turned out more prophetic than I ever could have realized at the time:

"Should we lose on February 5th, it would hurt. Ache. Devastate. But Falcons fans would endure. We would be back. We are not perched on the precarious wood of any bandwagon."

Well d*mn if this hasn't hurt, ached, and devastated over the past two weeks.

BUT our fanbase is just as strong as I argued it was in my letter, and everyone on this message board has proven it. I wouldn't have been able to make it through that first week of having to walk all over Boston without being able to come on here and "hang out" with all my fellow fans.

And @Tandy, because she's one of the greatest people and coolest Falcons fans around, sent me something pretty amazing to keep carrying me through up here:

IMG_4803_zpsccm8mamh.jpg

If you can't quite make out the bottom, it says Massachusetts Chapter.

I've worn this all day in my office since its arrival. I'm going to wear this every chance I get this off-season. I'm going to wear this to our game at Gillette in 2017. I'm going to wear this all through the next season.

If any Patriots fans want to come at me about it, let 'em. That game was awful, but I feel ZERO shame about being a Falcons fan. In fact, I strongly believe we are the TRUER fanbase, sticking with our team through thick and thin. Somebody's got to keep holding down the fort up here in New England, and I am proud to do it.

Thank you so so much, Tandy. You are the best!!!

That must be brutal