SirrDooley

JPP 15M a year?!?

48 posts in this topic

Pass rushers are at a premium in the league, which is exactly why we need to keep drafting them and piling them up like the Giants. $15Ms is a large sum for a guy missing 4 fingers and is decent but he's going to get PAID. I remember the Cowboys and another team were all over Clayborn last year, and he's nothing special.

52 minutes ago, mtldirtybird said:

Jones is getting tagged

Yup.

I have heard BA say that several times on the radio.

Unless Kiem has a gettlemen moment Jones will be a card next year

2 hours ago, osiruz said:

Pass rushers are at a premium in the league, which is exactly why we need to keep drafting them and piling them up like the Giants. $15Ms is a large sum for a guy missing 4 fingers and is decent but he's going to get PAID. I remember the Cowboys and another team were all over Clayborn last year, and he's nothing special.

The Giants haven't been stacking pass rushers for years.   If they had, they wouldn't have paid Vernon insane money last year.  JPP had 7 sacks and has 2 seasons of double digit sacks in his career.   He's very athletic and always had a ton of potential, but with not really living up to it and blowing his hand up, I wouldn't want to be the team paying him  anywhere close to this much.

Also, he said he's done with "prove it" deals...that he's proved it and wants a long term deal.  **** that **** IMO.

The giants did have Ayers and let him walk, before they signed vernon. They always have at least 2 excellent Des. In our case we are lucky to have one. That's why we need another so badly to complement Beasley.

9 minutes ago, osiruz said:

The giants did have Ayers and let him walk, before they signed vernon. They always have at least 2 excellent Des. In our case we are lucky to have one. That's why we need another so badly to complement Beasley.

And their defense was awful last year, and they felt the need to let Ayers walk and get Vernon.  They do prioritize it, but it clearly wasn't working like when they had Strahan, Osi, etc.  

I agree that it's where we probably need to go, but it's not the end-all-be-all on it's own.  Don't ignore the Giants defenses between 2011 and 2016.  Their defenses were largely awful.

7 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

Yup.

I have heard BA say that several times on the radio.

Unless Kiem has a gettlemen moment Jones will be a card next year

Falcons should have gotten in the game on Chandler Jones when Belicheck put him on the block.  I thought this was a mistake letting him walk.   What was the deal again? Chandler for Jonathan Cooper and a 2nd rounder? Cards won that deal even though they gotta pay him now.

33 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Falcons should have gotten in the game on Chandler Jones when Belicheck put him on the block.  I thought this was a mistake letting him walk.   What was the deal again? Chandler for Jonathan Cooper and a 2nd rounder? Cards won that deal even though they gotta pay him now.

Yeah ...i thought the same thing at the time....i couldn't believe we didn't get into that especially with our pass rush deficiencies...and with Thomas's New England connections...he could have convinced them....do you think Arizona will Tag him?

This years edge rusher market in free agency is not that strong. Chandler Jones is the best of the bunch and he will be franchised. After him you have JPP and Melvin Ingram and then there is a drop off. Both of those guys are gonna get paid.