Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FalcanFanatic93

How many rings would we have???

48 posts in this topic

In 1991 we drafted Brett Favre. He had a hall of fame career that ran through until 2010 not saying for sure that he would have been the same qb with us, but **** imagine having farve for 25+ years. Imagine how good some of our team would have been from the 90's-now how much would he have changed our franchise? I have to atleast believe we would have one or two rings and im pretty sure we would have a +500.00 franchise record. Thoughts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, k-train said:

i'm guessing you know very little about how Brett Farve was when he was here.

He played one year left, then put up about 20 3,000+ yard seasons? How much did I miss he must have been a horrible person or just a terrible rookie? Either way I guess I nissed what he done so bad. Enlighten me please

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

Imagine if we drafted perfect. Imagine if we hired Bellichek. Etc.

Its not a "Imagine if we drafted or hired situation" it's a imagine if we just carried through with what we started. Don't tell me you never think about our mistakes? Whether its one horrible call that cost is a superbowl or a horrible call that potentially cost us multiple superbowls!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, FalcanFanatic93 said:

Its not a "Imagine if we drafted or hired situation" it's a imagine if we just carried through with what we started. Don't tell me you never think about our mistakes? Whether its one horrible call that cost is a superbowl or a horrible call that potentially cost us multiple superbowls!

Why dwell on past mistakes or "what if's?" It won't change anything. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, BCEagleATLFalcon said:

I just want the ring from 2-5-17.  :bang:

The ring from 2-5-17 was ours that is until the fourth quarter happened.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well he only won 1 with the Packers. If we're living in the past I'll take Brady's 542 SB wins. 

15 minutes ago, FalcanFanatic93 said:

He played one year left, then put up about 20 3,000+ yard seasons? How much did I miss he must have been a horrible person or just a terrible rookie? Either way I guess I nissed what he done so bad. Enlighten me please

In his career as a falcon he went 0-4 with 2 Picks. He also admitted he would have washed out of the league if he stayed in ATL because he liked drinking and partying too much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Yo_Lover said:

Why dwell on past mistakes or "what if's?" It won't change anything. 

The only way to change the future is to learn from the past. We learn from our mistakes, if we forget about our mistakes we open similar doors for similar mistakes. Forgive but never forget. Thats how I live. Whether its football or the first job I wish I would have took because it might have possibly changed my life! Ill always remember the mistakes 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, FalcanFanatic93 said:

He played one year left, then put up about 20 3,000+ yard seasons? How much did I miss he must have been a horrible person or just a terrible rookie? Either way I guess I nissed what he done so bad. Enlighten me please

He only became what he became because they shipped him to Green Bay... where there was no nightlife... and he had a coaching staff willing to work to make him great.

He was basically Johnny Manziel when he was here... potential to do something, but waaaaaay too interested in partying. He had zero self-discipline & the coaching staff was somewhat inept & really didn't like him to begin with. He was wasted all the time, he was out of shape, he didn't take it seriously, and couldn't grasp the playbook.

Farve only became a HOFer because he got out of Atlanta. He's said this himself numerous times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, k-train said:

Farve only became a HOFer because he got out of Atlanta. He's said this himself numerous times.

Heard this too... he'd be driving a dump truck today or something.  He liked to party too much here.  Good for Brett, even though it was at our expense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, k-train said:

He only became what he became because they shipped him to Green Bay... where there was no nightlife... and he had a coaching staff willing to work to make him great.

He was basically Johnny Manziel when he was here... potential to do something, but waaaaaay too interested in partying. He had zero self-discipline & the coaching staff was somewhat inept & really didn't like him to begin with. He was wasted all the time, he was out of shape, he didn't take it seriously, and couldn't grasp the playbook.

Farve only became a HOFer because he got out of Atlanta. He's said this himself numerous times.

Never said he would have been a HOFer here just think he may have grown up a bit in his mid 20's. Maybe like roddy did? A late blooming favre would have been ik with me. Maybe im the only one who believes with all love he had for the game that he would have eventually been good for any team? I don't think many HOFers are products of a system.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, FalcanFanatic93 said:

The only way to change the future is to learn from the past. We learn from our mistakes, if we forget about our mistakes we open similar doors for similar mistakes. Forgive but never forget. Thats how I live. Whether its football or the first job I wish I would have took because it might have possibly changed my life! Ill always remember the mistakes 

The Falcons mistakes have absolutely no bearing on my life. I don't learn from they're mistakes. Why would I focus on it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, FalcanFanatic93 said:

Never said he would have been a HOFer here just think he may have grown up a bit in his mid 20's. Maybe like roddy did? A late blooming favre would have been ik with me. Maybe im the only one who believes with all love he had for the game that he would have eventually been good for any team? I don't think many HOFers are products of a system.

Do you think the Glanville era Falcons and the Smiths would have been patient to stick with a struggling Farve?

Stability and the Smiths don't go together.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Yo_Lover said:

The Falcons mistakes have absolutely no bearing on my life. I don't learn from they're mistakes. Why would I focus on it?

Then why would you sign up for a forum that focuses on the specific things that "haves absolutely no bearing on your life"? What have you posted about 5,000 times? Im sure it wasn't about the past whether it be last game, last year or the last 20. And if the falcons have "NO BEARING" on your LIFE it might seem a bit pointless to be on a FALCONS LIFE FORUM! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, FalcanFanatic93 said:

In 1991 we drafted Brett Favre. He had a hall of fame career that ran through until 2010 not saying for sure that he would have been the same qb with us, but **** imagine having farve for 25+ years. Imagine how good some of our team would have been from the 90's-now how much would he have changed our franchise? I have to atleast believe we would have one or two rings and im pretty sure we would have a +500.00 franchise record. Thoughts?

Based on our history, we would have found some way to **** it up. 

Glanville would have shown up drunk to our first SB... Favre would have shown up drunk to the second We would have been up 36-13 on Denver in our 3rd when the Goodyear Blimp crashed into our sidelines. We would have eventually lost 41-36.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TheUsualStuff said:

Based on our history, we would have found some way to **** it up. 

Glanville would have shown up drunk to our first SB... Favre would have shown up drunk to the second We would have been up 36-13 on Denver in our 3rd when the Goodyear Blimp crashed into our sidelines. We would have eventually lost 41-36.

Lol. At least you can imagine!! Thats all I wanted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, FalcanFanatic93 said:

Then why would you sign up for a forum that focuses on the specific things that "haves absolutely no bearing on your life"? What have you posted about 5,000 times? Im sure it wasn't about the past whether it be last game, last year or the last 20. And if the falcons have "NO BEARING" on your LIFE it might seem a bit pointless to be on a FALCONS LIFE FORUM! 

I signed up because I like the Falcons and other people's opinions on the team? Not everyone gets on here to lick their wounds about the past like you. And I said their MISTAKES have no bearing on my life. Quit changing it up to fit your agenda.

Edited by Yo_Lover

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, FalcanFanatic93 said:

He played one year left, then put up about 20 3,000+ yard seasons? How much did I miss he must have been a horrible person or just a terrible rookie? Either way I guess I nissed what he done so bad. Enlighten me please

Glanville didn't want him hefe.  He wasn't his pick.  Brett was so messed up on alcohol and drugs while he was here that he missed the team photo.

So even had Brett been clean,while he was here Jerry wasn't going to play him.

This is discussed every offseason.  "What if... Brett Farve..."  Brett has said it and several players from the Falcons at the time have said it, Brett Farve would never have been "Brett Farve" in Atlanta.  So to answer your question: 0.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0