Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SamMills51

Patriots Falcons Season Opener Unlikely

152 posts in this topic

On 19/02/2017 at 9:18 AM, SamMills51 said:

Because obviously it's smart end your career going for a fumble you aren't going to get when two Bronco defenders are fighting hard for it, just like it would've been smart for Matt Ryan to block the Saints defender and get mauled.

See my point? Or should I bring up some Cam Newton highlights to test your theory he's not "tough"

Cam pussied out. He had a chance to jump on the ball and did not because he was scared of hurting himself. It's the superbowl. That's a play you have to at least attempt. He was rattled all game decided to protect himself when it mattered most. 

Ryans bail isn't even close to the same thing. It's a joke trying to even compare it. 

I hope that we play the Patriots in the first game. Two reasons:

1) we will play there in good weather.

2) we will get extra rest, because we start the season 3 days before anyone else - besides the Patriots.

On Sunday, February 19, 2017 at 5:45 PM, octoslash said:

Horse sh*t.  

In numerous pregame polls 70% of the country wanted the Falcons to win; so to say 'America was dying with laughter' is nonsense. 

And " matt ryan " didn't blow that game..I understand talking smack with a divisional foe but at least be factual about it..he saw the game like we all did and for anyone to say matt blew that game isn't trolling it's idiocy..flat out.

The Falcons are opening 2017 in a new 2B stadium.. I doubt Blank wants it dark the first week of football. That is the only reason we're not opening in Foxboro... And if I'm Tom Brady when the Falcons come to town I am getting that ball out of my hand in a second of less because that Falcon D will be coming with their hair on fire! 

1. No one gives a **** about the panthers. No need to turn every thread into a panthers jock riding or excuse thread.

2. Atlanta won't have the major post SB collapse CAR did. 

On 2/18/2017 at 9:13 PM, SamMills51 said:

At least we didn't blow a 25 point lead. 

I'd take a hard beating anyday over blowing a huge lead with supposedly imminent victory.

Not me. Being close tells me we are almost there just need some depth.

On 2/19/2017 at 0:09 PM, SamMills51 said:

want me to bring up Matt Ryan getting scared to make a block?

Blocking a DT in a regular season game and falling on a fumble right in front of you in the SB..Yeah, totally the same thing. Lol.

More excuses. 

As for CAR not blowing a 25 point lead...May be because they were never good enough to build a 25 point lead in the first place. Not going to discount how sad blowing that lead was, but just have to laugh at your logic. 

Just make sure you stick around when ATL wipes the floor with Carolina again this season and wins the South again while CAR fights with NO for the basement spot.

RoddyWhite84 likes this

When you have to lean on another team to best your division foe, then you have to evaluate how good your team really is.

It's 3 in a row against the Panthers, let's just end this dialogue until you get a win against us.

23 minutes ago, ATLFalcons11 said:

When you have to lean on another team to best your division foe, then you have to evaluate how good your team really is.

It's 3 in a row against the Panthers, let's just end this dialogue until you get a win against us.

Soon to be five in a row 

H E L L I want the Falcons to open against them, this team isn't the Panthers #1. #2 Get back on the horse and beat that fooking demon down early and ride the momentum. #3 take your beat down early realize you got work to do and the rest of the season to correct it. 

It ain't ever good to put this kind of chit off, if any Falcon player or coach is worried about opening against them they probably aren't gonna repeat as NFC champs anyway.

On 2/18/2017 at 9:13 PM, SamMills51 said:

At least we didn't blow a 25 point lead. 

I'd take a hard beating anyday over blowing a huge lead with supposedly imminent victory.

So you go from being 'nice', to showing what your really made of? Maybe you should just stop trolling and go back home? Both games were fixed anyway, but they had to fix our game a whole **** of a lot more than they had to fix your game!

4 minutes ago, Cheap Talk said:

So you go from being 'nice', to showing what your really made of? Maybe you should just stop trolling and go back home? Both games were fixed anyway, but they had to fix our game a whole **** of a lot more than they had to fix your game!

Just check the date before you go ranting over something I posted ages ago.

Posted (edited)

32 minutes ago, SamMills51 said:

Just check the date before you go ranting over something I posted ages ago.

True, in my haste it was 2/18, you have been rehabilitated.

Always good to have a mix of other team's perspectives. It's just that when a Falcon's fan looks at anything like that for the next 5-10 years, it is going to trigger a response. The League needs to pay for what they did to this fan base (unless you are of the opinion that the Falcon's lost on their own).

Edited by Cheap Talk

IF the NFL was smart, they'd absolutely make this the first game for both teams...start the season where they left off. 

Posted (edited)

On February 19, 2017 at 1:26 PM, SirrDooley said:

Don't even understand why dude is even on here... Panthers have a forum... 

Patriot fan here. A little advice, if anyone wants to hear it. When you get trolls from other teams, it means you are doing well and getting under other team's fan's skin. If you don't get smack from others, it means your team probably sucks. I've been a Pat's fan for over 35 years. I rooted for the team when they absolutely sucked for years and years. Even after they finally made it to the SB and got pummeled by the Bears in '86, they went back to a bunch of hard years before finally getting good. I've been a member of Patriot forums for years and watched as the more they have won, the more trolls from other teams have shown up.  Yes, it gets annoying, but it shows your team is making other teams fans squirm. I'll say that recognizing fans from other teams that actually contribute things to a forum is pretty cool. Each of the Patriot Forums I participate on have regulars from rival teams that liven things up and make discussions cool. The trick is discovering the cool ones vs the trolls.

I'm writing this because I think the Falcons are on the right track and will be back in the SB. If not next year, in the near future. 

On February 19, 2017 at 0:48 PM, Dirtybird56 said:

I'm as harsh on us as anyone but we were blowing the Pats out for 3/4ths the game lol

Hopefully, you folks will get past this line of thinking. I've seen plenty of funny memes making fun of Falcon's being first 3 quarter Super Bowl Champs. It just doesn't matter. What matters is the final score. I can tell you, the loss to the Giants in the SB that would'a/could'a/should'a been a perfect season was about as painful as it gets. It would'a made history, and shut f'ing Shula and Mercury Morris up about them being the only "perfect team".  But it didn't happen. There was an interception or 2 that should've happen for the Pats and then this ridiculous helmet catch when Eli should've been called in the grasp..... See how that mentality goes? Falcons are good now, look to next year, best wishes.

(forgot to add, We'd love to see the Falcons in Foxborough in the opening game!!!)

Edited by Ripsnort

On 3/19/2017 at 7:09 AM, vafalconfan said:

The Falcons are opening 2017 in a new 2B stadium.. I doubt Blank wants it dark the first week of football. That is the only reason we're not opening in Foxboro... And if I'm Tom Brady when the Falcons come to town I am getting that ball out of my hand in a second of less because that Falcon D will be coming with their hair on fire! 

Good point. I think Blank is a very respected owner and not giving his team the opportunity to start the season off in a brand new 2 billion dollar stadium seems extremely unfair. 

On Monday, March 20, 2017 at 0:24 PM, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

We've really gotten to the point that we're posting hot trash long form twitter takes? 

That's lol. 

Lol

Not reading through 6 pages but I'm not sure how this topic got started.  Have a hard time seeing how it's not us when I look at their schedule.  Not another truly compelling matchup that they have to play in Foxboro.

TonyMartin80 likes this

On 2/18/2017 at 8:59 PM, SamMills51 said:

America was dying with laughter when they saw Matt Ryan blow a 25 point lead.

It was so Atlanta.

Matt had absolutely nothing to do with that loss.