Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SamMills51

Patriots Falcons Season Opener Unlikely

152 posts in this topic

Well, at least you're less likely to suffer the same cruelty the Panthers faced last year.

According to an article and tweet, a Falcons Patriots rematch in the season opener is 'unlikely' to avoid 'embarrassing' the Falcons.

http://www.12up.com/posts/4570677-nfl-doesn-t-want-to-embarrass-falcons-in-season-opener

Quote

It will continue well past Week 1, as it appears Atlanta won't get its shot at revenge on opening night. 

 

Instead of having a Super Bowl rematch to kick off the season like last year, it seems like the NFL is protecting the Falcons from further embarrassment. 

 

The Falcons will eventually get their chance at revenge. It just doesn't seem like it'll be the first night of the season. 

Well, aside the harsh language, it looks like you guys kissed Goddell's butt to avoid such a terrible way to open the season. Coming from a guy who has seen what opening against last year's Superbowl winners does to the mindset of a team, it isn't pretty.

So looks like it probably won't be the Falcons and Patriots opening up the season. 

Wish we had that treatment last year.

EDIT: Just realized the thread title was just asking for trolls. So I changed it up. I quoted the article, and obviously baited some people. My bad.

Just know that this dude thinks a Patriots Falcons opener is unlikely.

Edited by SamMills51

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, takeitdown said:

I'd rather play them.

Trust me. You don't. This is coming from a fan who has experienced it.

Or it might be that I'm still ticked off Gano can't kick a freaking clutch FG to save his leg.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Yeah I'm sure the country would much rather see the Patriots destroy the Panthers.

America loves watching Cam pout when he loses.

America was dying with laughter when they saw Matt Ryan blow a 25 point lead.

It was so Atlanta.

slickgadawg, Riser Upper and 28-3 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SamMills51 said:

Trust me. You don't. This is coming from a fan who has experienced it.

Or it might be that I'm still ticked off Gano can't kick a freaking clutch FG to save his leg.

We our not the 2016 Panthers, and beating down the Patriots on opening night would be an awesome way to prove that. We actually have an MVP QB who is a great pocket passer with stud wide recievers and an up and coming defense. There are no comparisons between the Panthers and the Falcons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, SamMills51 said:

Trust me. You don't. This is coming from a fan who has experienced it.

Or it might be that I'm still ticked off Gano can't kick a freaking clutch FG to save his leg.

The Falcons weren't a fake good team like your Panties. The better team didn't win the Super Bowl, the Falcons handed it to them much like the Seahawks did.

james b and Ezekiel 25:17 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, SamMills51 said:

America was dying with laughter when they saw Matt Ryan blow a 25 point lead.

It was so Atlanta.

The Falcons can start next season 10-0, and people will STILL clown them. Nothing will erase their playoff history other than winning a championship...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

 

The NFL will be saving the Pats from a pissed off Falcons team that will have had the bad taste of a SB slip from their grasp all off-season.

 

It's not like SB 50, when the Broncos handedly beat the Panthers.

At least we didn't blow a 25 point lead. 

I'd take a hard beating anyday over blowing a huge lead with supposedly imminent victory.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, SamMills51 said:

America was dying with laughter when they saw Matt Ryan blow a 25 point lead.

It was so Atlanta.

I love other team trolls.  Makes you realize that we really do have a special team.  Especially when the troll is from the panthers.  That is the team with two winning seasons in the last 8 years.   That's the team that has a QB that would rather pout and floss his teeth on the sideline than be a good team mate.  That is the team that will probably lose their best player this year (and it's not Cam) as soon as he gets another concussion and retires. Do you realize that you guys might win seven games this year.  If you are lucky.

We embarrassed the panties last year, twice.  Your offense couldn't even score 25 points in the super bowl.  hahaha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SamMills51 said:

At least we didn't blow a 25 point lead. 

I'd take a hard beating anyday over blowing a huge lead with supposedly imminent victory.

 

A hard beating means that your team(Panthers) had no business being there in the first place.

hotlanta, gkgrimes and falconsrus like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Malachore said:

The Falcons weren't a fake good team like your Panties. The better team didn't win the Super Bowl, the Falcons handed it to them much like the Seahawks did.

Fake good team that looked just like you guys last year.

Creamed everyone in the playoffs, to get disappointed in the Superbowl.

It's like looking back at last year seeing some of you guy's posts. "Game was rigged." "Refs cheated us out"

I remember those days, and wanting revenge. Then our o-line crumbled week 3 with Oher getting a concussion in between week 2 and 3, and then everyone else getting injured.

If the Falcons can avoid that, they'll be good easily. Panthers will be getting a huge upgrade with our players coming back healthy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, schwarzenegger321 said:

I love other team trolls.  Makes you realize that we really do have a special team.  Especially when the troll is from the panthers.  That is the team with two winning seasons in the last 8 years.   That's the team that has a QB that would rather pout and floss his teeth on the sideline than be a good team mate.  That is the team that will probably lose their best player this year (and it's not Cam) as soon as he gets another concussion and retires. Do you realize that you guys might win seven games this year.  If you are lucky.

We embarrassed the panties last year, twice.  Your offense couldn't even score 25 points in the super bowl.  hahaha

Want me to bring your long streak of no back to back winning seasons and Matt Ryan's playoff record in comparison to Cam Newton?

Like I said, try facing us when we don't have everyone injured. 

Last time we had everyone healthy, we blew you out 38-0.

We didn't blow a 25 point lead in the Superbowl at least. You're acting like our loss is worse. Far from it. We already knew we were going to lose after the refs screwed Cotchery's catch; losing all momentum. 

You guys blew a 25 point lead in the 4th quarter and act like your team is still better. Good teams close out huge leads like that.

(Well to be fair, your offense is better than us for sure. But still, blowing a 25 point lead, and I thought Shula was bad at in-game playcalling.)

If you're curious, Luke has only had 2 concussions, albeit still serious. Yes, it could be one concussion away, but it's very unlikely. Even so, David Mayo has shown against Tampa he's real good as well. We got backup.

Shaq Thompson likely getting a role, and we'll likely get a real good SS easy. We got cap this offseason, and guys getting healthy. Bradberry is already the best rookie corner according to PFF, and Worley isn't far behind wih a 76+ grade from PFF.

We're in position to land a guy like Jamal Adams or Leonard Fournette; easy game changers. Even Solomon Thomas is likely available.

Ryan Kalil is back; basically like getting the Alex Mack of your offense back on ours. Our line will be top 5 as long as we stay healthy like yours.

Damiere Byrd showed flashes of being good. He's our next Ted Ginn, just way more reliable with the speed. He's prime to break out.

Our offense will have a scheme change next year. I can assure you we'll be good.

 

Edited by SamMills51

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, SamMills51 said:

America was dying with laughter when they saw Matt Ryan blow a 25 point lead.

It was so Atlanta.

We've moved on we did enjoy watching Julio make your secondary look like a bunch of pre schoolers and Ryan make Cam look like a donkey twice last year though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SamMills51 said:

Want me to bring your long streak of no back to back winning seasons and Matt Ryan's playoff record in comparison to Cam Newton?

Like I said, try facing us when we don't have everyone injured. 

Last time we had everyone healthy, we blew you out 38-0.

We didn't blow a 25 point lead in the Superbowl at least. You're acting like our loss is worse. Far from it. We already knew we were going to lose after the refs screwed Cotchery's catch; losing all momentum. 

You guys blew a 25 point lead in the 4th quarter and act like your team is still better. Good teams close out huge leads like that.

(Well to be fair, your offense is better than us for sure. But still, blowing a 25 point lead, and I thought Shula was bad at in-game playcalling.)

Want me to bring up the fact the Panthers have never had back to back winning seasons?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

We've moved on we did enjoy watching Julio make your secondary look like a bunch of pre schoolers and Ryan make Cam look like a donkey twice last year though.

You mean the time Bradberry shut Julio out for 1/3 catches for 5 yards 1v1 against him?

I enjoyed seeing a rookie school an All-Pro WR.

For context:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-atl-car-grades/

Quote

Rookie cornerback James Bradberry was thrown at three times when covering Julio Jones, and Jones only caught one of the passes for 5 yards.

.

Edited by SamMills51

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Malachore said:

Want me to bring up the fact the Panthers have never had back to back winning seasons?

Tell me, how long have we been in the league?

I don't even think we've hit the halfway mark of your long streak.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn't mean for this thread to turn into a troll slugfest. Sorry about that.

I'll defend my Panthers 'til my death, so sorry if I do come out sparring.

Honestly, likely we'll lose once to you guys next season, and I don't even know if we'll top you. Depends if we can stay healthy, but even then you guys are looking scary.

Falcons are going to be one tough team to dismantle.

nitrojiber likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SamMills51 said:

Want me to bring your long streak of no back to back winning seasons and Matt Ryan's playoff record in comparison to Cam Newton?

Like I said, try facing us when we don't have everyone injured. 

Last time we had everyone healthy, we blew you out 38-0.

We didn't blow a 25 point lead in the Superbowl at least. You're acting like our loss is worse. Far from it. We already knew we were going to lose after the refs screwed Cotchery's catch; losing all momentum. 

You guys blew a 25 point lead in the 4th quarter and act like your team is still better. Good teams close out huge leads like that.

(Well to be fair, your offense is better than us for sure. But still, blowing a 25 point lead, and I thought Shula was bad at in-game playcalling.)

Matt had six back to back seasons.  How many has Cam had.  Ummm, zero.  Please bring up playoff record.  Want to review QB playoff performance while your at it.  Oh, yeah Ryan has the third best QBR in the playoffs.... Ever.  How does Scam compare.  You really think that getting Oher back is going to help.  He was picked off the scrape heap by the panties.  Dude is not good.  You don't have an O-line.  you have one running back who might not be in Carolina next year and he is at the end of his career anyway due to mileage.  Your WR's suck, you TE is getting old.  Cam has had two winning seasons and pretty much has shown he is not reliable.  You have no secondary.  your LB's are going to be in bad shape considering you have one that is one head shot away from, retirement and another that is old and is going to take a step back any day now.  Your Dline is good, but underperforming.  You really want to tell us why you think your team is any good?  Yeah, you had a 15 - 1 record when everyone else was down, but who was the team that beat you then? 

You drinking some serious cool-aid dude.

falconsrus likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But you know.  Maybe Cam will learn a new dance and wear plaid pants in a post game or something.  That seems to be why everyone talks about him.  It sure isn't because he wins a lot.  Check out his win loss record if you think it is.

Slappywhite likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0